Dior Homme AW 05-06

ngth...i so agree with what you say about the styling and make-up making the boys look depressed...so i guess that's the theme...little boy lost...it's a romanticized version of a street urchin...or club kid...you know all those kids died or wound up in jail because of drugs in real life...nothing romantic about that...!!!...
i still think that the only really good thing at dior homme is the suit...and it's still there if you strip away all those h&m scarves and thrift store t-shirts...

hedi's no fool...he knows what people will really buy...
the shrunken lthr jikt may sell a few...but most people will go to the local thrift for that...if they haven't already...there should be tons of them...because everyone from my generation got rid of theirs ages ago...just look for the 'members only' tag...LOL... :innocent:

scott-why would you think i was talking about you?...i wasn't talking about anyone in particular...just referring to the members of the cult of fashionality... :wink: :P

Scott said:
So yes,for the first time,I actually like a DH collection. That's what shocks me :lol:

Ditto. It don't find it great but with a bit of David Bowie you can't go far wrong. Possibly some of the responses to this collection show a reactionary streak in the Hedi fans out there which shows just how mainstream Dior Homme is...

It is funny Softgrey that I didn't want to read a polish book called "Heroina" last night because I was kind of "not in a mood":-)

Yes. The suits and trenches are def. the best pieces.

My question is "why he did that:-) DH is edgy already by the cut. Do you think DH customers want to look like these "babies turn cabaret"? Or maybe the clothes are more less the same and he just wanted to show it in diff. way?

Scott said:
Gaudy? I don't think that word comes to mind with this. This is definitely alot more quirkier and definitely a more refreshing side to Hedi's aesthetic. And John Galliano this is not. I hate the utter equation because it is nothing like that tripe.

Btw,what's so wrong with the gold? I don't think I heard complaints when Alexander did it last week.

It really gets me that when menswear gets a bit of feminin juxtopostions,people still are quite shocked by it. I'm happy he turned different leaf....its about time really...that style was really getting bland to me. Even Raf started doing some other things.

I agree, Scott. I really don't know what everyone is screaming about. This is fresh and far more interesting than the thrift-store chic of the past two seasons.

Scott said:
It really gets me that when menswear gets a bit of feminin juxtopostions,people still are quite shocked by it. I'm happy he turned different leaf....its about time really...that style was really getting bland to me. Even Raf started doing some other things.

Scott, I couldn't see anything feminine in clothes:-) except some sweaters at the end of the show.

It's all make up and baby faced models, imo:-)

I actually quite like it, though I must say that his models have never looked more feminine than in this show :huh:

OH......MY.........GOD.....

....................It's HIDEOUS

Fade to Black said:
Alright, so I finally saw the whole collection...and basically I'm going to take the words I said earlier in this thread and eat them. I'm still not feeling some of the more sexually ambiguous looks like a few of the pictures on the first page here presented, but a lot of the darker looks I would definitely wear, as well as the sweater on Page 42 of the style.com slideshow. I would actually say this is a good direction for Dior Homme, with this collection being a much improved continuation of S/S 05's luxurious grunge aesthetic, developing the darker side of the rock n roll elegance that the brand has evolved into (this direction was also presented well with the background for the show, almost gives me a seedy NYC nightclub in the 70's feel, maybe some place where a seminal punk/garage band was playing that night). While this collection isn't all to my liking, there are more hits than misses and this is definitely a lot stronger than VotC and Beck.

let's sit down at a table and eat our words together....i agree wholeheartedly. slimane's very clever (or sneaky:( inserted into this new dark elegance, there are plenty of easy sales: the denim, hats, scarves, teeshirts, and even belts should not be overlooked...

I honestly did a double take to check whether this is a Jean Paul Gaultier or John Galliano show. Em. I dunno. Detach the pieces, burn those boots (I'm sorry, but I can't bear anyone wearing gold boots), wash off the make-up, and have a hair cut, and these things look real nice.

Guess I got a little turned off over the styling more than the clothes themselves.

Not likeable for me this time.

well I think the artistic urges of hedi are more dominant in this show -- simply because he's got so many of you talking about it. theres this little bit of controversy in there, along with most of us being thrown off, caught by surprise. no visual artist wants you to see a show in a gallery (or wherever) feeling like you saw what you expected to see. Its entirely reasonable that he'd take a risk at this point, after claiming a large base of support, to go in a direction he is personally feeling. Thats all in the styling and blouses with bows etc. But under all that is the typical pant form weve come to expect along with some of his interpretations of jackets (ones I remember from the eighties). I assume he trusts that his DH fans know whats in there when you peel back the layers.

^ I completely agree, especially as an artist. When I was studying fine arts my professors always warned us not to fall victim of being predictable, or too consistant because this basically shows you are not evolving or experimenting. I think I fell victim to being a bias fan of his previous shows and wanted him to stick with some of the looks of his former collection.

The only thing I don't like is the hair and makeup.

People seem to be complaining about the gold, the shine and the hairstyling of the show... but all that is old news for Dior Homme shows guys. It has always been there! Look at some of the older collections on firstview.com and you'll see the uber-shiny pieces tossed in there. Plenty of other designers do it too as was mentioned.

As for the hair, take a look at the styling of Red. Nary a peep from anyone about that collection....
00002.L.JPG

I'm just trying to point out that it seems like Dior Homme is under much stronger scrutiny than many many many of these other brands. What is overlooked in other lines, is quickly criticised in DH.

:unsure:
-Albert

Chinor1z said:
I'm just trying to point out that it seems like Dior Homme is under much stronger scrutiny than many many many of these other brands. What is overlooked in other lines, is quickly criticised in DH.

-Albert

Hedi's set a high bar for himself...he's the most modern menswear designer alive: he's placed himself at the top so it's natural for people to scrutize him more.

When you deconstruct these looks, you will see there is almost nothing here that he hasn't done in a previous collection.

Chinor1z said:
People seem to be complaining about the gold, the shine and the hairstyling of the show... but all that is old news for Dior Homme shows guys. It has always been there! Look at some of the older collections on firstview.com and you'll see the uber-shiny pieces tossed in there. Plenty of other designers do it too as was mentioned.

As for the hair, take a look at the styling of Red. Nary a peep from anyone about that collection....
00002.L.JPG

-Albert

Albert I disagree with you... the picture you have posted.. yes it is from past collection, yeah and it is with weird haircut, BUT those previous collections are much much stronger collections.

I felt that it is more that Hedi really wanted to do a women collection but didn't want to make his women collection a 'BOMB' that blows up in his face. He is pushing his boundary and trying out new things for womenswear I think. There has been long rumours that he wanted to start his own line, a womens line.. etc.. so I am just annoyed, upset, betrayed anyway you like to describe it.. that I feel he has lost his direction.

My guess is that there is some fishy things going on... I have mentioned in my previous post that Lagerfeld Gallery is designed by Hedi.. the more I think about it what's stopping him designing for Lagerfeld Gallery. Hedi design for Dior HOmme.. money goes to LVMH pocket. Lagerfeld Gallery is owned by Lagerfeld, which is Hedi's BF (Karla darling) and so all the profit that Lagerfeld gallery makes goes into both Hedi and Lagerfeld's own pocket!!!!

SO My guess is it will be some crazy development in the next season or 2 with Hedi going on his own way.

P.S.. I found this picture.. Is that Hedi that Karla is trying to harrass???/:lol::wink:

we shall see.... at the very least the collection has some nice semi-basics that will fit well into a slim clothes wardrobe.

ionn26 said:
My guess is that there is some fishy things going on... I have mentioned in my previous post that Lagerfeld Gallery is designed by Hedi.. the more I think about it what's stopping him designing for Lagerfeld Gallery. Hedi design for Dior HOmme.. money goes to LVMH pocket. Lagerfeld Gallery is owned by Lagerfeld, which is Hedi's BF (Karla darling) and so all the profit that Lagerfeld gallery makes goes into both Hedi and Lagerfeld's own pocket!!!!

Actually, the last I heard was that Hedi is dating Anderson Cooper. And Lagerfeld Gallery is now owned by Tommy Hilfiger, so no, Hedi can't possibly be designing it to 'pocket the profits' and besides, I hardly think Lagerfeld Gallery is that much of a moneymaker anyway!( Who the heck buys it?) Don't go starting any baseless rumours now!

baklanyc said:
Actually, the last I heard was that Hedi is dating Anderson Cooper. And Lagerfeld Gallery is now owned by Tommy Hilfiger, so no, Hedi can't possibly be designing it to 'pocket the profits' and besides, I hardly think Lagerfeld Gallery is that much of a moneymaker anyway!( Who the heck buys it?) Don't go starting any baseless rumours now!

Anderson Cooper, the CNN news anchor? :huh: Haha, I'm getting nosy. :wink: baklanyc, I second you.

baklanyc said:

hedi slimane and anderson cooper - that's f*cking awesome. makes a lot of sense given those photos from diornyc opening

josephr said:
hedi slimane and anderson cooper - that's f*cking awesome. makes a lot of sense given those photos from diornyc opening
Yeah? I didn't see any. I just heard it on the grapevine here. But I've seen Anderson around in my nabe (and at the bars) since before he got popular, and Hedi's consistent with at least one type I know Anderson's been with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->