Dior S/S 2010 : Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel

Not to reign on the Meisel parade, but this is all he could come-up with for a Dior campaign? I mean I'm glad it's him who shot this, but it basically looks like a variation on the same formula Dior's been using for years now. Hmm, maybe this gets better.

It isn't bad. Interesting the way Karlie merged into both Lauren Bacall and the runway Dior woman. The latter, I have been wondering why they don't try to capture that signature look in their ads. And finally...

this is incredibly uninteresting. they could've done
something much more creative seeing that the collection
was really good imo. Karlie standing in the shadows is
just blaahh. we can't even see the clothes anymore,
they did a good job obscuring it :doh:

why didn't they book Maryna Linchuk? Ugh, i think it would be the perfect match and John could even save the money for the model's airbrushing, no Karlie?

im soo proud of karlie!!! :smile:

me 2 , she fits perfect for that classic styling. :smile:
I love that pic, even if the campaign itself looks a little bit too simple ,her stare in that pic is amazing as always!

Last edited by a moderator:
:shock: Oh Lord here we go and I can't believe I'm saying this but credit where credit is due....this is great.
I saw it today in print and as much as I do not rate Karlie Kloss as a model. she is very effective here and the whole vibe is very noir, very classic and totally suited to the collection.
Actually one of the better campaigns of this season so far.:D

Karlie's stare is so beautiful! I'm not a fan of hers but I must say she looks beautiful and I like it. :heart:

source | wwd.com

SHADY LADY: How do you convey the spirit of an entire movie in one image? That was the intention of John Galliano in Dior’s spring-summer ad campaign, photographed for the first time by Steven Meisel and slated to break in a range of international fashion titles next month. “Karlie Kloss smoldered with the same intensity and wide-eyed look as a young Lauren Bacall,” Galliano said of his chosen model for the season. “I love the smoky, sophisticated atmosphere of the image. This feels very right for now — escapist and sensual.…You can start a whole script just by staring into her eyes.” Galliano noted the campaign, echoing the Dior show last October, was inspired by “shadowy film noir cinema” and updated by Meisel to create a “modern-day billboard siren.”

^ she even looks fantastic with that stupid socks/heels combo. OMG. i lovelovelove this!

MUST SEE IN PRINT & THEN SLAP ON WALLS IMMEDIATELY :buzz::clap::clap::heart:

Don't like this second image as much. Her head is tilted too far down. And I don't know why they used that trenchcoat again. She didn't look good in it when she opened the show and she don't look good in it now.

The 2 Shoot is bad very baad and boring i hope all no are the same angul and same estetic of colors

I don't find the whole film noir thing to be very effective. It looks very kitsch and in the second shot, the lighting is very photoshopped. If the light is coming through the blinds, why is there such a strong light above her head?

Mert&Marcus did the film noir aesthetic much more effectively for Valentino Fall 2007, which this is a poor mans copy of. At least their models were smouldering women. Karlie looks like a little girl who played dress ups in this. It's all wrong.

The lighting does look very fake! Like one of those bad photoshop tutorials on how to do fake light coming through the blinds.

This one is not as good as the first one. I don't like to trot this card out too often, but this is not worthy of the level that these people are playing - top tier designer, photographer and model, and to me in this case it looks like the photographer who dropped the ball. It is by no means terrible, but that is my point, with just a few changes in angle and posing, he would have gotten the proper shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->