Dior : The Madhouse

Originally posted by Asdiklon@Jun 26 2004, 11:57 AM
I think, he shouldnt have come to Dior. Now Dior is a shame, not fashion.

:sick: :sick: :sick:
three.dior.ap.jpg

Thats what it was... :woot:
dior-4.gif

[snapback]297393[/snapback]​

thats the 50s of dior now were in 2004 times change if john is still here is for some reason take a look at some other designers like julienmcdonald for givenchy it did not work out if ther was a problem with john they would not renovate his contract and he would be gone dont forget all they want is money.and was hes doing is actually working youre all talking about his creations. :flower:

Originally posted by Asdiklon@Jun 26 2004, 11:57 AM
I think, he shouldnt have come to Dior. Now Dior is a shame, not fashion.

:sick: :sick: :sick:
three.dior.ap.jpg

Thats what it was... :woot:
dior-4.gif

[snapback]297393[/snapback]​

thats the 50s of dior now were in 2004 times change if john is still here is for some reason take a look at some other designers like julienmcdonald for givenchy it did not work out if ther was a problem with john they would not renovate his contract and he would be gone dont forget all they want is money.and was hes doing is actually working youre all talking about his creations. :flower:

anyways i think he has amazing clothes like this dress.

I love his work precisely because it is entertaining, over the top and creative and usually interesting. The craftsmanship that goes into a lot of the designs, particularly his couture work, is extremely intricate - so I also respect that there is method to his madness :blush: :flower:

Originally posted by tiffany@Nov 9 2004, 08:06 PM
I love his work precisely because it is entertaining, over the top and creative and usually interesting. The craftsmanship that goes into a lot of the designs, particularly his couture work, is extremely intricate - so I also respect that there is method to his madness :blush: :flower:
[snapback]424748[/snapback]​

I couldn't have said it better myself :flower:

I loved dior rtw SS 04

I LOVED dior rtw AW04

but he lost me with SS 05 and all the dior print products.

Although I have a feeling all his commercial attrocities are pressured from the big brother upstairs.

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Nov 30 2004, 02:35 AM
I loved dior rtw SS 04

I LOVED dior rtw AW04

but he lost me with SS 05 and all the dior print products.

Although I have a feeling all his commercial attrocities are pressured from the big brother upstairs.
[snapback]444282[/snapback]​

i can't say i love most of his collections but i understand what galliano is doing. the ss05 show disappointed me bc it wasn't galliano's typical exuberance. but i must say that i am eagerly awaiting what he will do at the couture show this coming january. no matter how much i disliked the rtw collections over the past two years, the couture shows have been getting stronger and stronger.

I dont agree about Dior being such a madhouse...

The clothes that are on the runway are not the clothes coming out in the shops, John Galliano doesnt expect anyone to actually dress like this. Its for the photos and press. But released in the shops is the toned down versions. The only things that are sold in the shops off the runway without any change are usually the handbags. Another thing you have to remember is that alot of it actually sells because the "Madhouse" version is like Couture in some aspects so more people go and buy it and Vogue etc... buy the clothes to put in a article, this is also good for Dior becuase of the advertisements

So Dior is not a madhouse :smile:

i know this has nothing to do with Galliano , but does any one know how to get on the waiting list for the new dior princess ring (May 2)? thanks! :D

Amy please do not keep posting the same question in different threads, if it has no relevance to the thread, please do a search for a relevant thread, and if you do not find one, make a new thread dealing with your particular question. In your case may I suggest a new thread in More Accessories :flower:

Galliano should keep the carzy unwearable designs to his own collections Dior was a great designer and will go down in history truly i think Jennifer Lopez could do a better job at keeping Dior how it used to be than Galliano does. I like his desingns for those crazy unwearable outfits but he shouldn't put them under the Dior name. I believe Galliano is a great designer but not right for Dior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->