Dior : The Madhouse

lol...hi to you too, and I'm obviously pro-galliano so don't pay any attention to me either if you don't want to :P...

We've been discussing the fall winter collection now, but what about the spring summer 2004 collection? There was not one thing I hated in that collection, but the transparant leather was a bit farfetched perhaps...

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jun 29th, 2004 - 12:57 pm
We've been discussing the fall winter collection now, but what about the spring summer 2004 collection? There was not one thing I hated in that collection, but the transparant leather was a bit farfetched perhaps...
i honestly HATED the galliano presentation for spring but i understood it...and when i saw it editorialized and on some celebs i got it. but this fall season was too much.

Originally posted by mikeijames+Jun 29th, 2004 - 2:09 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mikeijames @ Jun 29th, 2004 - 2:09 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale@Jun 29th, 2004 - 12:57 pm
i honestly HATED the galliano presentation for spring but i understood it...and when i saw it editorialized and on some celebs i got it. but this fall season was too much. [/b][/quote]
I meant the Dior presentation, not sure if you mean that one too?

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jun 29th, 2004 - 1:15 pm
i had such a negative reaction to the spring ready-to-wear dior...but that did not prepare me for the outright clown costumes presented this fall. in retrospect, i can almost appreciate the spring collection...(but, then again, not really :unsure: )

Hmmmm....I love it....I don't know if you've seen Brandy's video, Talk About Our Love....She wears this (1) in the opening scene.....one of my faves.....and those 2 other pics are faves too....

1:
100116821.jpg
2:
100116820.jpg
3:
100116813.jpg

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jun 29th, 2004 - 2:04 pm
Hmmmm....I love it....I don't know if you've seen Brandy's video, Talk About Our Love....She wears this (1) in the opening scene.....one of my faves.....and those 2 other pics are faves too....
like i said, i didn't really like the spring collection until i saw it on celebs and in the editorials. i just thought the runway presentation served the opposite purpose...it turned me off to clothes i (under normal runway circumstances) would like

Originally posted by mikeijames+Jun 29th, 2004 - 1:53 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mikeijames @ Jun 29th, 2004 - 1:53 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale@Jun 29th, 2004 - 1:15 pm
i had such a negative reaction to the spring ready-to-wear dior...but that did not prepare me for the outright clown costumes presented this fall. in retrospect, i can almost appreciate the spring collection...(but, then again, not really :unsure: ) [/b][/quote]
I love that dress so much.....minus the tattoo bodysuit of course.

I think John Galliano is a talented designer but I think lots of his clothes and accessories have to many logos for me.

Originally posted by mikeijames+Jun 29th, 2004 - 3:53 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mikeijames @ Jun 29th, 2004 - 3:53 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale@Jun 29th, 2004 - 2:04 pm
like i said, i didn't really like the spring collection until i saw it on celebs and in the editorials. i just thought the runway presentation served the opposite purpose...it turned me off to clothes i (under normal runway circumstances) would like [/b][/quote]
Oh ok....then I just misunderstood your message...

I don't know why people hate his fall/winter collection so much. I think it's beautiful and creative. I LOVE the dresses, the makeup, the bags and the furs. Although some of the Elvis ensemble( and the shoes) was a bit scary, the general collection was fab. Long live Galliano :heart:

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Jun 29th, 2004 - 4:26 pm
I don't know why people hate his fall/winter collection so much. I think it's beautiful and creative. I LOVE the dresses, the makeup, the bags and the furs. Although some of the Elvis ensemble( and the shoes) was a bit scary, the general collection was fab. Long live Galliano :heart:
You loved the make-up? To me, it uglified all of the models, also the tight Tommyboy haircuts didn't do Gisele & Co. any good....

Originally posted by dreaminginprint....@Jun 29th, 2004 - 9:06 pm
:doh: :doh: :doh: Sorry for posting message twice
no problems, welcome to tFS dreaminginprint....

ps: Galliano's make up direction during the last few seasons is
the most ugly i've ever seen on models . :yuk:
what's the use in hiring the most beautiful girls in the business
when you aim to turn them to clowns? :sick:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 29th, 2004 - 4:49 pm

So that people will focus on the outfit? :wacko:

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jun 29th, 2004 - 11:43 am
Agreed, the dresses that came from under the coats were not very pretty as well, but I was more referring to dresses like these:

00420f.jpg
00240f.jpg
i didn't really like any of the dresses shown on the f/w 2004 runway, at all.
they were pretty uninspired, in my opinion. he wasn't creative with it at all. all of them were either literal versions of dresses from the 1920's (as with the salmon-colored one posted above), or combinations of proper 1920's costumey dresses and the dresses shown at the s/s 2004 haute couture.... the ones with the "swirls" at the bottom were virtually the exact same as at the haute couture, minus the intricate hand-embellishment and more 'luxe' fabrics et al...case in point:

100122180.jpg
00220f.jpg

spring 2004 haute couture (left) / fall 2004 pret a porter (right)

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh+Jun 29th, 2004 - 3:29 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foxie-Pooh @ Jun 29th, 2004 - 3:29 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jun 29th, 2004 - 4:49 pm

So that people will focus on the outfit? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
so that they will focus on the outfit, you say?
not at all.

his vision was to turn the models into living, walking benito illustrations...and it was achieved very well. i've compared benito's illustrations to the makeup on the models' faces, and it is exact. it is clownish, but it goes with the theme.

john also made a realization of the shapes used in benito's illustrations... hence the extremely oversized fur collars and long tubular shapes. it's all quite literal, but honestly a bit too literal. it didn't really take much creativity in my opinion. all he basically did was was completely recreate the illustrations word-for-word (so to speak), and do the dresses and such in insane patterns and colors. :wacko:

Originally posted by brian+Jun 29th, 2004 - 4:49 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jun 29th, 2004 - 4:49 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Jun 29th, 2004 - 3:29 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Lena
@Jun 29th, 2004 - 4:49 pm

the most ugly i've ever seen on models .  :yuk:
when you aim to turn them to clowns?  :sick:

So that people will focus on the outfit? :wacko:
so that they will focus on the outfit, you say?
not at all.

his vision was to turn the models into living, walking benito illustrations...and it was achieved very well. i've compared benito's illustrations to the makeup on the models' faces, and it is exact. it is clownish, but it goes with the theme.

john also made a realization of the shapes used in benito's illustrations... hence the extremely oversized fur collars and long tubular shapes. it's all quite literal, but honestly a bit too literal. it didn't really take much creativity in my opinion. all he basically did was was completely recreate the illustrations word-for-word (so to speak), and do the dresses and such in insane patterns and colors. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
It may have been better if he took the shape of the coats he used (I loved the proportions, but the colors and prints :blink: ) but paired it over simpler, more interesting dresses and more realisticly made pants without a fur cuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->