Is John Galliano Wrong for Dior?

Galliano needs to leave his designs have gotten stale as a whole. Dior needs a new designer to make that brand pop again. Dior was excellent 2000-2003 in my opinion now its too shock value an logo lost its elegance. I still like Galliano just time for Dior and Galliano to part ways.

I'm so glad that Galliano is in charge of Dior Haute Couture, because he is extremely creative and right for couture. His clothes are risk taking, dramatic and have this eclectic feel to them. He has broadened the boundaries of what is defined as good taste in the fashion world.

I love Galliano i have to say, but i think that he should make more wearable things for Christian Dior. He is very creative but Im still not sure why the executives have not told him to calm it down a lil.

I have seen the new collection of John Galliano on the interent(06-07 a/w). John change to design wearable clothes! it is great!!

no he is 300% right. although he i feel will rock the boat of dior next season...like he did this time with his own galliano homme - different but great....enormous.

I think Dior as it is now is a great label as we see it on the catwalk, but I would prefer a collection which is new and fresh and is considering his past. The dior of today (especially the prêt à porter) has not much in common with the doir of the past, which somewhere is a pity. Look at what lagerfeld is doing to chanel, he totally respects the history of the brand but still introduces and invents new and amazing things. I think we wouldn't ahva had the footlesstightrend in the early 2005 if it wasn't for chanel.
I would like Galliano to mix more of diors past to create fabulous new things

jipushiitmge said:
I do not think Christian Dior would be happy with modern day Dior fashion.
IMO, I dont agree, I think Christian Dior was the John Galliano of his time...even though to us it seems French and Elegant, So I guess Christian Dior wouldnt have been to shocked with the recent collections if he was around at this time...hard to explain but its just my own opinion :flower: But I have to admit on your behalf, I think Galliano does go a little too far sometimes. I dont think he is wrong for Dior though because he CAN give us some great collections (like fall 2005 hc) but sometimes his collections are dull and have no thought put into them, like the ss06 couture, but I still love it, but as someone else said in another thread I think it would have been better suited to his own line...not dior :flower:

^
Dior indeed was very shocking with his new look after the war years but in a very different way galliano is shocking. Galliano is using exaduration of certain types like asian, victorian etc. this was not diors way

^ I guess, I was just comparing both with there outrageousness (sp?) :flower:

Dior may have been shocking for his foresight, Galliano will never influence design to that extent, his vision being so theatrical. On that note, Hedi has. His influence on menswear is paramount without having had resorted to ridiculous extremes. His work is in synch with the house. Ghesquière would be far more competent at reinterpretation.
Galliano should be left to his own line where he can express himself fully.
Have we not seen the carbon copy collections he's done for both houses in the past?
I find his work for Dior a mockery even though it does sell, but I usually see it on the wrong type of girls.

SiennaInLondon said:
150% wrong.

235% wrong.. :sick:

he actually gained a good bunch of 'wrongness' points following his latest couture attempt for ss06

Bidwell said:
I find his work for Dior a mockery even though it does sell, but I usually see it on the wrong type of girls.

Agreed, but it does create publicity and sell accessories... And that's the bottom line for a publicly traded company, isn't it?

I love him but I don't like the spring/summer collection at all , especially the colour choices but I guess if the revolution was his inspiration then red , white and blue has already been done to death with the nautical trends. I've just realised..three muskateers that is what it reminds me of haha. Move it along now John please.

I think John Galliano should do Westwood. He'd be perfect there and give the ole' girl a break...

I love John Galliano I really do. He does wonders. He is just not suitable for the house of dior

Without Galliano, Dior will decline.
John is the one who gives Dior a supreme status in the fashion industry.
I don't think there is anyone can replace John even Hedi Slimane.
No one has John's unlimited and brilliant ideas. It is a nightmare if John leaves Dior.

cookies3939 said:
Without Galliano, Dior will decline.
John is the one who gives Dior a supreme status in the fashion industry.

Very True, without John Galliano Dior wouldn't be at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->