Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

When you say “a designer followers” I think you don’t understand how the real business works. 95% of the clients don’t even know and don’t even care about who the creative director of the brand is.

If Hedi goes to Chanel it will work because he gets a lot of hype wherever he goes. It’s not because he has followers. Of course, maybe a few ones, very into fashion, do so, but that’s not how brands work.

i think you didnt get the sentiment of the comment... let me break it down for you since apparently you understand the business but have low comprehension skills/critical thinking. he gets hype because of his followers but most of them already cannot afford it in Celine other than the t-shirts so how can they afford Chanel.

As you said... that 95% clientele don't/won't care about Hedi or whoever is placed at Chanel. Him "designing" basics that these 95% already have in their wardrobe wont work specially at Chanel price points. That Chanel woman/client need something more than the well-made basic clothes hedi offers in every tenure. Otherwise why do they need to hire a big-name designer for something their atelier is already making for their non-runway pieces.

i think you didnt get the sentiment of the comment... let me break it down for you since apparently you understand the business but have low comprehension skills/critical thinking. he gets hype because of his followers but most of them already cannot afford it in Celine other than the t-shirts so how can they afford Chanel.

As you said... that 95% clientele don't/won't care about Hedi or whoever is placed at Chanel. Him "designing" basics that these 95% already have in their wardrobe wont work specially at Chanel price points. That Chanel woman/client need something more than the well-made basic clothes hedi offers in every tenure. Otherwise why do they need to hire a big-name designer for something their atelier is already making for their non-runway pieces.
Don't worry, your status symbol is safe. Chanel suits will ensure it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romyfnich
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->