Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2024

I just can't believe what I watched right now. It was everything but VSFS I liked to watch. Cast was awful, except some real VS girls (like Alessandra, Candice, Adriana, Barbara), also Joan looks amazing and Imaan (but i guess she was so nervous and licking her lips all the runway which was anoying to watch). Tyra gives me Oprah Winfery's vibe (and look a like), as well some girls will never fit to me to VSFS

( sorry, quoting is going all wrong and I don’t know how to fix this)

These are such odd takes IMO…having high fashion girls on the runway was exactly what made the VS shows such a cultural phenomenon in the early 2000s. You’d have girls like Alek Wek, Karen Elson, Dewi Driegen and Nadine Strittmatter alongside Fernanda Tavares, Alessandra Ambrosio, Oluchi Onweagba…all representing different niches within the high fashion model market. It all went downhill when they started mixing in Marisa Miller and random catalogue girls with very little fashion relevance. That’s why Vittoria was a highlight to me this time around.

I’m really happy this 2024 show harkens back more to the early aughts than the 2010s, skipping the costumes and going for real lingerie (it’s the holiday collection, apparently…slightly tweaked for runway relevance). The fantasy they’re selling is beautifully luxurious lingerie…not dressing up like a giraffe in a christmas tree.
Yes but girls like Fernanda, Alessandra Natasha etc had a sexy factor or made their presence clear on the runway. Vittoria was walking the same was one would walk at a HF show, no charisma. VS is known for its sexy factor, otherwise models like Vlada or Kate Moss(90s) would've been hired.

Did Emmanuelle Alt styled the show? it seems yes... Carla thanks her on instagram and that would explain Carla / Eva / Andrea / Rianne / Kate and Lila ...

These are such odd takes IMO…having high fashion girls on the runway was exactly what made the VS shows such a cultural phenomenon in the early 2000s. You’d have girls like Alek Wek, Karen Elson, Dewi Driegen and Nadine Strittmatter alongside Fernanda Tavares, Alessandra Ambrosio, Oluchi Onweagba…all representing different niches within the high fashion model market. It all went downhill when they started mixing in Marisa Miller and random catalogue girls with very little fashion relevance. That’s why Vittoria was a highlight to me this time around.

I’m really happy this 2024 show harkens back more to the early aughts than the 2010s, skipping the costumes and going for real lingerie (it’s the holiday collection, apparently…slightly tweaked for runway relevance). The fantasy they’re selling is beautifully luxurious lingerie…not dressing up like a giraffe in a christmas tree.
Yes. I think there are two types of people here familiar with this show: the ones that knew Victoria’s Secret was a more elevated Etam (before they even did shows), featuring exclusively high-fashion models, and presenting their product in more exclusive formats (Cannes, followed by a livestream -if not the first livestreamed fashion show on the internet), gathering the best of the best in the industry (makeup artists, hair stylists, etc)… and those who associate this with the Miss Universe/sorority girl era of the late 00s to 2010s. Many don’t know this switch was made in the aftermath of 9/11, when they tried bringing it to open television and turns out people were extremely sensitive and organizations submitted multiple complaints for indecency and whatnot. The show went on a hiatus for a year and returned in 2003 with a 180 in image, it was basically a goofy show that as years passed, got further away from the original format and replaced it with reality tv elements, featuring backstage suspense as the show unfolded, a contest of random girls whose dream was to walk to show, tears, the ‘unique’ lives of ‘Angels’, the physical sacrifices to land the gigantic lifetime achievement of walking in underwear, bigger promotion of the ‘million-dollar bra’ segment, Pink of course. It was to diminish the outrage and keep their place in television, but in the process, it turned infantile and turned their models into beauty pageant contestants and no longer the successful and in-demand high fashion models that they used to be.

So yeah this is a happy return to their origins. It’s a bit woke, sure, but girls like Rianne, Vittoria, they actually match the DNA of this company way more than someone like Candice and I don’t mean in body shape but in terms of commercial vs non-commercial elements of their careers.

Watching it now, really, really enjoying it! Amazing performances, great cast, great looks. I was initially unsure of the hair as well, but looking back at it, it was the best decision. A level of imperfection elevated it. Also thought Rianne looked very cool. Understated, but felt like she was really enjoying it. Anok is just next-level Barbie, Cong He was also a perfect addition. The only thing is the awful camera work and that it wasn't longer!

I would have never imagined to see Rianne Van Rompaey walk the VS show.
She’s the opposite of that world.

Same for Vittoria.

Stella Hanan would have been perfect.

You tell them Mr Dale! These people have no idea what they are talking about and just want to sound like fashion experts lmao.

LOL we get it you don’t like Bella :lol:
They have been stalking all the old threads about her from years ago to like all the hate comments posted ahah :rofl: some people should really touch grass! :rolleyes:

I was excited for Tyra's comeback but she looked terrible. The silver cape, the bad outfit and horrible wig ruined it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnight83
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->