Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

My hot take:

-Has to be a woman (given the feminist posture of the house)
-Has to be French (to carry on the perceived history and heritage)
-Has the stamina - physically, emotionally, psychologically, existentially - to design 10 collections a year: Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter RTW (2), Couture (2) and Pre-collections (2) , Coco Beach and Coco Neige (2) , Cruise and Métiers d'art (2). I mean, just an insane amount of creative output that only a workaholic like KL can withstand.

If Chanel are Nicolas Ghesquiere fans then why did they not think a little bit ahead as Nicolas Ghesquiere only re-signed end of last year for 5 years!! Surely they would have been aware of his contract length......

Then again why not give chance to one of his Louis Vuitton team, Florent Buonomano is director of image and has worked with Ghesquiere through Balenciaga and Vuitton, Christopher Booth and Marco Russo are head designers... Vuitton shows are probably the closest thing to Karl Lagerfeld Chanel show in terms of Mega event.

...If not wait 5 years and try to get Nicolas again!
The smart money is on Hedi....although Arnault will put up a fight as they don't like to see their stars leave....

Thom Browne
Tomas Maier
Olivier Theyskens

someone ‘new’ like Del Core could be a very interesting option for Chanel.

I would love to campaign for Galliano/Theyskens as usual, but no one bothers to throw out Daniel Roseberry's name?

I saw a meme on Instagram that said Martha Grace was secretly applying and just the thought of that made me start to violently cry. I believe the right decision has already been made, though, so I am not super worried. SO EXCITED !!!!!

funny to see that no one name Kriss van Assche... (but i will be Hedi of course). Chanel will have to think about its relationship with Condé Nast and the exposure of Hedi on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->