Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

I can't be bothered to repost all these looks in jpg, but it is worth checking the link out

Hedi's designs = something for everyone
He can do timeless red carpet gowns, amazing tailoring, sexy dresses, killer bags, basic jeans and logo t-shirts
He is perfect for the job
His only weakness is the presentation format, but this is easy to fix
cant see any of these as a whole under the Chanel brand.... maybe Gucci. His body of work when shown like that in the red carpet (without all the hedi visuals) looks like a random american designer's portfolio who joined project runway and is now discreetly making looks for celebs. They are probably well made and embroidered by angels but my god are they ever so basic.

Chanel is a monster of a brand, an institution. It has traditions, of course, but...I think it's important to realize that Chanel is not a traditional brand. Chanel was not founded on the spirit of tradition, but of modernity. The next CD needs to be aware of that and while working with the traditions of the house, inject a dose of newness into it.

I can't be bothered to repost all these looks in jpg, but it is worth checking the link out

He can do timeless red carpet gowns, amazing tailoring, sexy dresses, killer bags, basic jeans and logo t-shirts
Very interesting to see it as a compilation. He can do gowns! With glamour and elegance. I like the red one Gaga wore. His weakness is in draping (Katy Perry one), but Chanel is not a draping house.

I also recommend his couture show for SL. Very beautiful and yes, over the top. Lol

We need just need to take these references and imagine it with more Chanel type of shapes.

I can discern some Chanel potential in the looks on Allison Williams, Kaia, Reese, Lupita, and Gerwig, mainly because the designs are pretty non-descript I would believe if you told me it came from any brand

That article shows an almost linear improvement in womenswear from "I would wear that but not to an awards show" straight through to "oh hell yeah!"

Hedi really took womenswear as a distinct discipline seriously at Celine and noticeably improved over his tenure.

The men and menswear-inspired women's looks are excellent, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andally
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->