Dita Von Teese

WOW that interviewer so annoyed me.But Dita was very gracious in her anwsers,i absoloutely adore her unpolagetic attitude.Why the hell did this person interview her if she hates what she does?! :blink:

i think that dress looks pretty horrible on her, there is too much fabric. plus that color green with the red shade of lipstick makes her look like she is going to a christmas celebration

Thank you for posting the interview Susa.

I love Dita's look, but I don't agree with the act of stripping as I'm a bit of a staunch feminist; it was refreshing not to have to ingest another ***-kissing interview but rather a thought provoking one. And though I still think Dita dodged the question about objectification (actresses are objectified too...well that still doesn't make it okay!) I do think she handled it well.

Anyways - one has to give respect to a woman who always looks so fabulously polished:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
she has said in the past that she's fine with being nothing more than "something nice to look at."

i think people hear the word "feminist" and think "militant," but the origin of the word is really not that extreme. it just means equal rights for women - i'm sure dita makes more than any man would to take SOME of his clothes off, so she's doing pretty well, i think. and i bet no one would ask the man if he minded being objectified.

i have read the interview and she is a genious!!! love & adore her! how smart are her answers!

^ I agree, I love how she can keep her cool with such a rude interviewer.

Dita handled that very well,i love her even more :heart:

I'm a feminist and i go by my own principles,i don't follow any agenda or look down at any fellow woman because of what she chooses to do in life.The interviewer was obviously very irritating and needs to adjust that archaic mindset of hers.

Dita handled that very well,i love her even more :heart:

I'm a feminist and i go by my own principles,i don't follow any agenda or look down at any fellow woman because of what she chooses to do in life.The interviewer was obviously very irritating and needs to adjust that archaic mindset of hers.

well said:flower:

Don’t Hate - Appreciate!

Even while running errands and with little to no makeup on, she looks pretty damn near flawless!
The epitome of summer in this vintage-inspired dress and enviable purse, Miz Dita Von Teese looked super stylish and beautifully breezy while leaving a nail salon in Hollywood on Monday.
Swoon!
[Image via Pacific Coast News.]

(perez hilton)
What a sweet outfit! It's in a similar style to the green patterned summer dress posted on the previous page. It's a lovely look that she carries off really well, and it is actually nice to see her in something other than her signature red lipstick (I never thought I'd say that!).

I'm with you. Unfortunately I think what's often forgotten is that feminism is supposed to be about women and their choices for themselves, not anyone else's.

^^I love these beautifull black & white. Very fifties. Thank you Susa 31 for posting those!

WOW that interviewer so annoyed me.But Dita was very gracious in her anwsers
Yeah I saw that too. That was an interesting interview.

I love her white bag. :heart:

Dita von Teese - VOOM Zoo The14th Annual WATERMILL CENTER Summer Benefit, 7/28/07
celebutopia

^^ I love her in Pin-Ups 2 (by Andrew Blake)....and her [FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]Dita In Distress series (bondage serial in four 20-minute black-and-white chapters (1999)) is great too imo ^_^[/FONT]

Pin-Ups 2

archive.xusenet.com

Last edited by a moderator:
metromix.chicagotribune.com

DITA VON TEESE'S 12 FAVORITE THINGS

By Lisa Cregan

Femme fatales have a new bible, "Burlesque and the Art of the Teese," by new-age striptease artist (or if you prefer, burlesque revivalist) Dita Von Teese. The book offers up such helpful hints as: Always adjust your garter in front of your man, but make it look as though you're attempting to do it discreetly. Von Teese was in Chicago recently, performing at Ikram boutique's 5th anniversary party. The crowd was captivated by the lacquered beauty's waspish 16-inch waist (22 inches sans corset) and retro-glam ensemble, which she gradually discarded while performing inside a 4-foot-tall martini glass. Corporations all over the world book Von Teese's act at up to $50,000 a show, but she reveals that it's Londoners who really boost her frequent flier miles. "The English are so uptight. I make them nervous and they like that," she says, laughing. At home she's just like the rest of us though, spending cozy family time in L.A. with her husband, shock rocker Marilyn Manson. "It's not like he's always running around the house yelling like a rock star. Well, sometimes he is," admits Von Teese. The former Heather Sweet of Rochester, Mich., Von Teese spent her teenage years collecting vintage lingerie the way some girls accumulate stuffed animals. "What I do onstage is a reflection of what I've been interested in since I was a little girl," she says. Fascinated by pinup stars, Von Teese became an authority on the history of burlesque. "Everyone romanticizes burlesque, making the strippers seem like saints. They weren't," she says affectionately.

1. Lilacs, violets: I grew up in a home that was surrounded by lilac trees. And I adore the scent of violets.

2. Stephen Jones hats: He makes hats for Dior couture and nearly every major designer.

3. Brasserie Lipp in Paris: I go there for my favorite dessert--a mound of whipped egg whites with a caramelized burnt sugar crust.

4. Bespoke Wedgwood: With our wedding monogram.

5. Moschino, John Galliano, Roland Mouret, Nina Ricci, Rodarte: I couldn't choose one, but I own more Moschino than anything else.

6. 1939 Chrysler New Yorker: I have had this car since the early '90s. I bought it to drive out to the swing dance clubs.

7. Betty Grable: My favorite movie star of the 1940s. I loved the Technicolor musicals and she was the queen of them. I am more influenced by her than any other star or by burlesque itself.

8. Champagne with a splash of violet: I buy violet and rose liqueurs at Fauchon in Paris.

9. Freeze-dried pineapple: Healthy, super sweet.

10. Mariage Freres tea: No coffee!

11. Max Raabe: He played at our wedding and is the world's finest '30s-style musician.

12. Pink KitchenAid mixer: My kitchen is pink and black boudoir style with big Swarovski crystal chandeliers.

not new but sweet...I hope you enjoyed it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kandp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->