Dita Von Teese Dumps Marilyn Manson

Style Savy ^ Isn't that how it goes? Look around you, or the sense (look at the majority of celebrities) When it comes down to it, it's bullsh*t and propaganda. This is just my opinion.* However, one can't speculate or deprecate Marilyn by saying he's a PIG when in no doubt you don't know the man personally but know about him because of what you most probably heard, or watched on television. As you said, "Terrible things are going to come her way." sh*t, terrible things come my way all the time. It's been coming my way since I popped out of my mothers womb. It's called life experience, you live to learn. She's living and she will learn from her mistakes. You're Evan's mother? Is that why you know that she wouldn't be doing this? Come on now....:doh:

Is she the one who models for brand Trashy Lingerie? Vamp look to her?

BodhiTree said:
Style Savy * However, one can't speculate or deprecate Marilyn by saying he's a PIG when in no doubt you don't know the man personally but know about him because of what you most probably heard, or watched on television.
And sometimes, what people convey about themselves on television or publicly is sufficient evidence of what they are. I'm sorry, but it just get's annoying when people hide behind the old, "You don't know me..." Yes, well, now I know why I don't want to know you any better. True, you can't always trust what you hear, but if he confirms that he's dating Rachel Evan Wood, can she have an opinion of him based on that without knowing everything about him intimately? I can be wrong because I don't know everything, but it isn't the most dignified thing for a man his age to do - be intimately involved with a 19 year old. It isn't against the law and I'm glad we have the freedoms that we do in our society, but it isn't somethning I would think bodes very well for another grown-*** man's character. As an example, what do you think of a man who is seen making out with a strange woman after he is supposeldy happily married to another woman? Would you think it's "piggish"? Maybe. Is it against the law? No. Do you need to know EVERYTHING about him before you tell a friend you think he's a pig? No. I'm sorry, but the "They don't know me" defense wore itself out on me with Jessica Simpson's father when he told reporters his response to people thinking he's contradicting his religious background by selling his daughter's sexuality and making her take an oath for chastity. Sometimes comments aren't meant to be personal judgements but just a discernment of another's display of character.
I get that we don't all have to agree about what's right and wrong, what's disgusting and not disgusting, but then not all of us are raised with the exact same standards so I can accept that.
This is not against you. I just had to say something about "You don't know" me,him,them,her, etc.LOL. :rolleyes: Sorry.

BodhiTree said:
Style Savy ^ Isn't that how it goes? Look around you, or the sense (look at the majority of celebrities) When it comes down to it, it's bullsh*t and propaganda. This is just my opinion.* However, one can't speculate or deprecate Marilyn by saying he's a PIG when in no doubt you don't know the man personally but know about him because of what you most probably heard, or watched on television. As you said, "Terrible things are going to come her way." sh*t, terrible things come my way all the time. It's been coming my way since I popped out of my mothers womb. It's called life experience, you live to learn. She's living and she will learn from her mistakes. You're Evan's mother? Is that why you know that she wouldn't be doing this? Come on now....:doh:

I've been through this myself. It's not something I would ever wish for someone else or condone. I'm not going to make light of the situation.

__neversummer said:
Why is the age such a big deal? I could see it being a problem if she was 15 or something. I think if you're over 18 and you click with somebody why not? Just because you're young dosn't make you stupid.

I agree. Evan has always been a very, shall we say dark girl. She's never been a Disney kid, nor will she ever be. Maybe she's doing it to advance her career or maybe she *gasp* actually likes him.

fancypinup said:
I'm sorry, but I'm really interested in what people find intelligent from his interviews. He just seems so full of himself with no substance. Can someone please quote me something intelligent he said that is his very own?

I'm not a fan, so I'll leave it to someone else to find a quote. ^_^

I don't think he's one of the brilliant minds of our time or anything, but based on his persona and music, I didn't expect him to be very smart. For me the one thing that comes to mind was his interview in the film "Bowling for Columbine." I was surprised how well spoken he was.

I also have a music writer friend who interviewed him once. Naturally, I asked if Manson was strange and my friend said that he was quite normal and that they discussed politics and Russian literature.

For me the one thing that comes to mind was his interview in the film "Bowling for Columbine." I was surprised how well spoken he was.

Yes, he was defending himself against accusations that his music caused the shootings, he gave some interesting opinions about how the whole of modern society was based on fear and stuff like that. I remember being quite impressed with it, because based on his image I didn't expect him to be as well spoken and even philosophical, it could have been scripted though, I can't tell because I haven't really read many other interviews, but he gave the impression of being fairly intelligent.

About the possible relationship though I have no idea what's happening there.

TessaB said:
Yes, he was defending himself against accusations that his music caused the shootings, he gave some interesting opinions about how the whole of modern society was based on fear and stuff like that. I remember being quite impressed with it, because based on his image I didn't expect him to be as well spoken and even philosophical, it could have been scripted though, I can't tell because I haven't really read many other interviews, but he gave the impression of being fairly intelligent.

The way he adressed the columbine thing really impressed me to. Instead of going off and being beligerant about how it's his right to have free speach. He was intelligent and spoke more about how the news media portrays the violence more than the music industry.

wow, i just found this out through a myspace friend.....he cheated???? god, poor dita! that's just a lil sleazy for my liking.....she's so young!

Apparently Manson met her after downloading a video of her on the internet.

NYROCK: For some right wingers you are a favorite whipping post and just as there are fanatic Manson fans, there are also fanatic Manson haters. It must be really confusing to be a most loved and most hated person at the same time....

MANSON:
I think different people perceive me in different ways. I get all sorts of reactions. Some like me; some hate me; some just want to be entertained; others try to interpret my art and some others are just looking for somebody they can hate and despise. I think it would be selfish and pretty arrogant to expect that everybody reacts the same way, or sees your art as you want it to be seen or perceive it yourself. I was always one that claimed that being an individual is the most important thing. How could I expect that people give up their individuality and see me the very same way? It wouldn't make any
sense.

You know, I take myself far less serious than most people believe.
NYROCK:
According to some, especially on the Net, you are sick, evil, twisted, a danger to society – well you get the idea. What really surprises me is that some claim you advocate murder, but when asked where or when, they draw a blank....
MANSON:
I'm not surprised at all. Funny enough, the wildest stories about me come from people without a clue, people who claim they don't need to hear my albums or talk to me to know what I'm all about. Do they fancy themselves mind-readers? There are so many horror stories around about what I do. It's truly amazing and to be honest, most of the stuff is too sick for me to think it up. Go figure. There are people accusing me that I'm sick, that I'm a danger to morals, western civilization and basically everything under the sun. And they've got these wild stories about me, completely off the wall, completely untrue. They thought them up and it makes you wonder what goes on in their brain, but of course, they don't consider themselves sick. They think they're normal because they don't dress like I do.
NYROCK:
Does it bother you that people criticize you so offhandedly, without even trying to listen or understand?
MANSON:
Everybody can criticize me. I'm in the public eye. I have to live with it, but it doesn't mean that I have to pay attention or even change anything about the way I live or what I do. I ask people for advice who know me, and I usually value their opinion or I wouldn't bother to ask them for advice.

If I ask anybody for advice, then I'll listen, but I don't listen to people walking up to me and offering me advice or trying to force their advice down my throat. Most of the time they don't even know me. To put it short and sweet, I don't accept unsolicited advice.
NYROCK:
You and Rose McGowan broke off your engagement a while back and it was all over the press and the gossip columns. I imagine it must be painful to see your private life discussed in public.
MANSON:
I have to live with it. It's simply not relevant if I like it or not, or if it is painful or not because it won't change anything. That's the price I have to pay. I made the decision to be who I am and now I have to bear the consequences and live with it. Once you are in the public eye, once you become a public person – a person known to the general public – there is a price to pay and you have to pay. If you're not prepared to pay up, don't do it.
NYROCK:
There is a lot of talk about George W. Bush and his ultra conservative politics. You're far from conservative, but when he was elected, you said something along the lines that it would suit you, since art develops better in a conservative and repressed environment. Now that he has been in office for a while, do you still agree? Is it worth the price?
MANSON:

From the perspective I have now, I can only say that it is quite a sacrifice. I see it as a sacrifice for the future. What happens now in America is some sort of groundwork. We do make experiences and learn to deal with repression, and hopefully we can pass our experiences on to the following generation and help them to avoid making the same mistakes. Maybe through being suppressed, people will unite and think about ways to stop the suppression. It might sound cruel, but without pressure a lot of things wouldn't have happened. Maybe – hopefully – it is a wakeup call. I always said that we have become too comfortable. Maybe that's the price we pay. I mentioned before that I think people forgot how to think for themselves. Maybe now they realize that they have to learn how to think again, accept responsibility and not simply believe everything the media or politicians tell them.

I'm not a politician, though my take on politics is simple: They'll tell you what they think you want to hear just to get elected. I always ignored American politics because I simply don't believe in what politicians say. I don't believe in their promises. I think they lie. All they want is to get elected. Think about why they do what they do. And think about why somebody wants to be president. It's the power, not the people they care for. Even in the music business or the film industry, there are far less lies than there are in politics. : : :
NYROCK:
Some critics claim you only have shock value. Do you like the shock value or does it just make it harder for you to top yourself?
MANSON:

It wouldn't be all bad if people would stop being shocked, if they'd stop running away once they see me and fear me, or break out in hysterics. I think if they could simply get used to the fact that I do look different, they might be able to take a look at what I really do and try to understand what I'm trying to say.

But I think it changed a bit for the better. If you look back at Antichrist Superstar, during that time I was completely on my own, alone with the way I was, how I looked, what I had to say. Now, people seem to be more open about it. They seem to be prepared to listen and try to understand. I sometimes get the feeling that now they are more willing to get into controversial subjects, that they are more open about heavy, dark music and controversial, unsettling opinions and views.

I'm a very introspective person. Whenever I get a minute of peace and quiet, I sit and think about certain things that occupy my brain. When I write, I am very obsessive and I guess selfish. I only write for myself. If the audience or the public at large doesn't understand what I'm saying, it doesn't matter. I write it for myself. Maybe they'll understand it tomorrow or the day after. Maybe they'll never understand what I'm trying to say, but for me it's necessary to do it, to write it, to get it out.

I don't do things for shock value. I do things because I want to do them, sometimes because I think it's funny. A lot of people don't get my sense of humor, maybe because it is often a bit dark and cynical.

Tinuviel said:
word is that it could be because he's supposedly obsessed with Lily Cole... either way, what a pity.
Now that the Evan Rachel Wood news has leaked, my reply is probably irrelevant, but the idea of Manson falling hard for the English rose wouldn't have surprised me any more than the news of this divorce...

She has that antique doll look I imagine he'd fetishize.

Cammy said:
NYROCK: For some right wingers you are a favorite whipping post and just as there are fanatic Manson fans, there are also fanatic Manson haters. It must be really confusing to be a most loved and most hated person at the same time....

MANSON:
I think different people perceive me in different ways. I get all sorts of reactions. Some like me; some hate me; some just want to be entertained; others try to interpret my art and some others are just looking for somebody they can hate and despise. I think it would be selfish and pretty arrogant to expect that everybody reacts the same way, or sees your art as you want it to be seen or perceive it yourself. I was always one that claimed that being an individual is the most important thing. How could I expect that people give up their individuality and see me the very same way? It wouldn't make any
sense.

You know, I take myself far less serious than most people believe.
NYROCK:
According to some, especially on the Net, you are sick, evil, twisted, a danger to society

Last edited by a moderator:
TessaB said:

Funny, I really expected him to be more well-spoken in the interview. I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. Whatever he said, I had heard all before.

I remember when Antichrist Superstar was like the Black Book of albums. -_- I daresay it almost has kitsch value now, since most parents have probably witnessed their Mansonite youngsters grow into primarily stable young adults...

Thanks Cammy for that interview....:flower: He seems to have a good outlook in life even with negative attacks on him. :D (I'm still not a fan of his music) :lol: :wink:

BodhiTree said:
Thanks Cammy for that interview....:flower: He seems to have a good outlook in life even with negative attacks on him. :D (I'm still not a fan of his music) :lol: :wink:

^_^ Thats cool. It was asked for so i thought id just help out. Clearly fancypin up you opinion is stapled which is totally fine. Just thought id share anyway. I rarely hear anything that is is orginal said by anyone, especially celebrities. Often when i have heard something orginal.. i end up reading it somewhere else. I think this is due to the fact that we as people are all faced generally with the same problems and therefore often form similar opinions to others. Any way im done. Im hoping Dita and Marylin find lasting love somewhere.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->