Dita Von Teese Dumps Marilyn Manson

I thought Evan Rachel Wood was dating Jamie Bell (the kid from Billy Elliot)...they made such a cute couple on that Green Day video!

I don't even know how I know this -_-

I don't really care for Marilyn Manson or Dita, or even Evan for that matter, but I do find it funny that, like some people say, Evan seems to be changing her style...I can imagine if she was once a fan of Marilyn, and that she's suddenly dating him and wants to impress him by turning into what he wants her to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
fancypinup said:
I think so many people in entertainment are just freaked by the stupid clown makeup to step up to him and tell him he's talentless and boring.
I disagree with you saying that he is talentless. I understand we cannot appreciate the same things but saying he has no talent is equivalent to saying is that any random punky twat out there can learn two guitar accords and come out with Antichrist Superstar. I do not believe it to be true.
Also, I do not find Manson boring, what I find boring is the bulk of his fan base: the White suburban kid who doesn't have the slightest cue what Manson is talking about but just wants to freak out Daddy.
But I so agree with what you say by seeing that he has no direction, and in that sense, there is no artistic vision, is there? He doesn't even have any intelligent thought for it. He just splatters a mess on the floor and says, "ah, but look at the mess. Can you deal with it?" Okay, that's so old and not an intellectual question. The answer is, "yes I can deal with it, now would please clean it up with your tongue and move on? I want to see the other exhibits."
Are you denying Manson the status of an Artist? C'mon! Whether or not you are responsive to his music and universe, you cannot deny he is driven by a strong creative spirit.
There is an artistic vision in provocation. Modern and Contemporary Art have been and are still greatly based on provocation. When [SIZE=-1]Piero Manzoni defecate in little tin boxes, the art elite raves, but I guess Manson's provocations are too mainstream to be called art. Imo it's just snobbery.[/SIZE]

That is a good point ^ that it is hard to differentiate the artist and the fanbase especially when they are contemporary to you and you don't have the benefit of hindsight. Just think how appalling Titian's paintings would have seemed to some religious conservatives during the Renaissance.

Cammy said:
NYROCK:
There is a lot of talk about George W. Bush and his ultra conservative politics. You're far from conservative, but when he was elected, you said something along the lines that it would suit you, since art develops better in a conservative and repressed environment. Now that he has been in office for a while, do you still agree? Is it worth the price?
MANSON:

From the perspective I have now, I can only say that it is quite a sacrifice. I see it as a sacrifice for the future. What happens now in America is some sort of groundwork. We do make experiences and learn to deal with repression, and hopefully we can pass our experiences on to the following generation and help them to avoid making the same mistakes. Maybe through being suppressed, people will unite and think about ways to stop the suppression. It might sound cruel, but without pressure a lot of things wouldn't have happened. Maybe – hopefully – it is a wakeup call. I always said that we have become too comfortable. Maybe that's the price we pay. I mentioned before that I think people forgot how to think for themselves. Maybe now they realize that they have to learn how to think again, accept responsibility and not simply believe everything the media or politicians tell them.

I'm not a politician, though my take on politics is simple: They'll tell you what they think you want to hear just to get elected. I always ignored American politics because I simply don't believe in what politicians say. I don't believe in their promises. I think they lie. All they want is to get elected. Think about why they do what they do. And think about why somebody wants to be president. It's the power, not the people they care for. Even in the music business or the film industry, there are far less lies than there are in politics. : : :
NY

I find this very interesting and very astute of him. Repressed society does produce the most fabulous art. Shostakovitch and the Soviets, Wagner's Tristan and Isolde coming into fruition during his exile from the German establishment and American music in general for the last 60-70 years comes to mind. But then again he says, it is no price to pay. I hope he is right that people might start learning to think for themselves but I haven't really seen evidence of such a pendulum swing.

Though I saw him at Reading last year and I have to say I was expecting a lot but basically got what looked like a Cirque De Soleil show. i.e. not very revolutionary, groundbreaking or aesthetically pleasing (I really dislike Cirque De Soleil!). A lot of smoke and mirrors. But then music is much more than live performance. In fact I have Antichrist Superstar and I have never listened to it so I am going to go do that now :lol:...

Well,Marilyn hasn't really worked much since Bush has been in office-just alot of talk about what he's planning on doing.His last album [which he was inspired by Dita]bombed and was horrible.I think his time has passed really!Maybe Evan will inspire him in a good way with his music like Rose McGowan did-you never know.But,of course his relationship with Evan will fizzle out because their age difference is just too steep.
I like his paintings alot more than anything else he goes on about as of late.
-The paintings of Evan are pretty!:heart:

jennifer~ said:
I remember when Antichrist Superstar was like the Black Book of albums. -_- I daresay it almost has kitsch value now, since most parents have probably witnessed their Mansonite youngsters grow into primarily stable young adults...

irony,indeed.

and you know,he does play with that alot. i seriously don't understand why so many take him so seriously as he does bode an air of novelty in everything he does.

re: his look....why does everybody have so much hatred towards him in that respect? he isn't that goth...at least not that alterna-goth of the former. he has a rather polished,Ichabod Crane-Dandy look that personally I rather enjoy. So much better than he's ever done.

And honestly,what other male artist of his calibre does anybody see doing this? Absolutely none. So I do respect him for doing something out of the box....finally.

Harumi said:
I disagree with you saying that he is talentless. I understand we cannot appreciate the same things but saying he has no talent is equivalent to saying is that any random punky twat out there can learn two guitar accords and come out with Antichrist Superstar. I do not believe it to be true.
Also, I do not find Manson boring, what I find boring is the bulk of his fan base: the White suburban kid who doesn't have the slightest cue what Manson is talking about but just wants to freak out Daddy.[/SIZE]
Meh.. We disagree. Okay. By the way, I think Manson JUST wants to freak out Daddy. I mean obviously what I said is subjective so anyone can take issue with it. I probably won't ask for your insight on what movie I should see, what book is inspiring, what music to listen to, etc. No biggie. I don't think Manson knows what he's talking about, so that accounts for why I don't think he has artistic vision. He's creating, yes. By the way, in your words, what IS Manson talking about? I'm not saying I don't understand, but could you sum it up in your words only?
Is there artistic vision in provocation when it STOPS being provocative? If the point is to only provoke and you no longer provoke, what then? But you stated something about my point, which is provocation is artistic vision. Where is it here? That's my point.

Harumi said:
Really? I do.
Harumi said:
Are you denying Manson the status of an Artist?
Yes, exactly. Thank you. Let me say that I understand there is a point in asking the question, "Is a person not an artist when he picks up a paint brush and paints?", but in all seriousness and putting aside the intellectual snobbery by saying "ah, but yes, it is art", let me just say that no it isn't. And that's an answer without snobbery. Okay, there is no scientific method for evaluating someone's artistic value and status, I think Manson is as artistic as hmmm....a vintage, German katsup bottle. It puzzles some, it appeals to a lot of people, but alas, it's not art. However, if I let Andy Warhol do something with it, he could probably think of some way to present it in an artistic context. Okay, I already took Modern Critical Theory and Philosophy classes, so could we just agree to disagree? I didn't mean to offend. Honestly, I only meant to point out that I like what stylesavvy said, which is where you took issue with my comments.
I find that people often are afraid to see that Manson is as two-dimensional as he is because they're afraid they will be found to lack real intellect. I don't have such fears. I know I'm intelligent enough to trust that just because someone cites impressive authors and broaches the topics present in basic philosophy it doesn't make him relevant and complex.

Oh great...I can see it now, the MODS are going to lock this thread up....:rolleyes:

PrinceOfCats said:
What? You thought I was trying to show off? You're ...nice.:rolleyes: That was a way of saying I'm actually NOT trying to impress so I'm finished defending my view. Sorry if that comment touched a nerve.

BodhiTree said:
Oh great...I can see it now, the MODS are going to lock this thread up....:rolleyes:
Oops. Okay, I can see I started something by responding to Harumi, so I'm done.

fancypinup said:
And sometimes, what people convey about themselves on television or publicly is sufficient evidence of what they are.

Thank-you. If it quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, and acts like a duck. It's a duck. I can't believe someone would even defend adultery on the basis of "you don't really know him". I don't accept that defense and neither would a court. I get that good people do bad things or make mistakes but people do not act out of character. And "dating" a barely legal girl while your still married is in Marilyn's character as we see. Hence "He's a pig." If you don't think that makes you a pig well then I don't know what to say to that.

01.10.07 Comment from Dita on her message board (dita.net:(

"I regret that I was unable to confirm these reports for you sooner.
The only thing I can say is that unfortunately, the reports of our
marital difficulties are true. Thank you for your kind words, your
support, and for your understanding of my silence during this
painful time.

Now let's find something more pleasant to talk about!

Love,
Dita"

style_savy said:
Thank-you. If it quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, and acts like a duck. It's a duck. I can't believe someone would even defend adultery on the basis of "you don't really know him". I don't accept that defense and neither would a court. I get that good people do bad things or make mistakes but people do not act out of character. And "dating" a barely legal girl while your still married is in Marilyn's character as we see. Hence "He's a pig." If you don't think that makes you a pig well then I don't know what to say to that.

Trust me no one is defending adultery. If it is true, its disgusting :angry:

Poor Dita.

arggh him dating rachel evan woods makes him loose all his "edge", whatever was left of it

also makes him a creepy old perv

wrong, just wrong

Boluda said:
arggh him dating rachel evan woods makes him loose all his "edge", whatever was left of it

also makes him a creepy old perv

wrong, just wrong

i would never of put them together ever

After reading all of the responses so far all I can do is wonder why any of it matters to any of you. I love Manson and I love Dita, and if it didn't work out then what is the big surprise, relationships fail everyday. I will agree with those of you who have said that Manson musically is not the most talented, but his paintings, speeches, and artistic taste level is still commendable. I await Phantasmagoria with lovely Lily Cole. If you want to blame someone let us blame John Galliano. He and Manson have been living a life of constant partying while Manson films in Paris. Leave to to Galliano to corrupt the Antichrist Superstar. I am joking, but seriously those two party relentlessly from reports that I have heard.

Some of Marilyn Manson's pals aren't so happy about his rumored relationship with 19-year-old actress Evan Rachel Wood, PEOPLE reports in its new issue.
"It's like he's having a midlife crisis," says a source close to Manson, 38, and estranged wife Dita Von Teese, 34. "He's with a younger version of Dita."
The friend points out that Wood, who was last seen in public with Manson at his birthday party on Jan. 5, "has her hair and makeup done like Dita."
Meanwhile, there's one sign that it's getting serious between the pair: For his 38th birthday, Wood "gave him a live scorpion in a cage," a source at the goth rocker's party tells PEOPLE. Von Teese filed for divorce from Manson on Dec. 29.
A rep for Wood would not confirm the romance with Manson. The rocker's rep declined comment.
people.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->