Dita Von Teese Dumps Marilyn Manson

ragtag said:
^she kind of looks like a blonde Dita.... or a little girl playing dressup.

I agree, how very strange! :blink:

While I've never been a huge fan of Manson, I have always like his aesthetic and found him to be surprisingly intelligent in interviews. I loved seeing him in the front row at Parisian couture shows with all the old socialites.

I also figured that he was probably a very smart man playing an amusing game. Now I'm really questioning that!

eternitygoddess said:
WHAT THE?! This is the most random, incoherent coupling I've seen yet.

ha ha, the last time I had that reaction to the seemingly randomness of a celeb hook-up was Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes :lol:

Evan and Marilyn,yes-a weird match but I like her more than Dita.I never saw anything beautiful or interesting about Dita.At least Evan is a talented actress and she's cute.And I always LOVE blondes best!

SiennaInLondon said:
Yes, he must be like the goth equivalent of the Pistols. Where Patti Smith and Television used punk to reinvigorate and inspire, the Pistols used it to get famous and behave like a bunch of twats.
I appreciate what you say, but I'm sorry I like the Pistols and I do think they were punk. I think Malcolm Mclaren, their manager, made them more of a spectacle than they wanted to be. They had really good basic punk songs though and I would never degrade the Pistols' legacy by comparing them to Manson (I'm not saying you did). Manson is just so below any other comparison. I think so many people in entertainment are just freaked by the stupid clown makeup to step up to him and tell him he's talentless and boring. With that said, I can't imagine how Dita could do worse than him. It's almost better to date a never-gonna-be than that has-been, don't you all think?
And yes, Evan does look like Dita did in her high school photo. Didn't someone post it on this messageboard before too?

Last edited by a moderator:
cygnenoir said:
I agree, how very strange! :blink:

While I've never been a huge fan of Manson, I have always like his aesthetic and found him to be surprisingly intelligent in interviews. I loved seeing him in the front row at Parisian couture shows with all the old socialites.

I also figured that he was probably a very smart man playing an amusing game. Now I'm really questioning that!
I'm sorry, but I'm really interested in what people find intelligent from his interviews. He just seems so full of himself with no substance. Can someone please quote me something intelligent he said that is his very own?

SiennaInLondon said:
I agree with people like White Linen who have been saying that comments like "he was too ugly for her" are somewhat shallow.

BUT in this case, it is not about his looks, it is about his look. Whilst I admire creativity and expression, I have to try and understand where people like my parents are coming from when they find people who look like Marilyn Manson dreadful. People who are super tattooed (I am tattooed so I am not criticisng them -I am using it as an example) or pierced or take part in bodily mutilation are sending out signals that they embrace something that is societally 'other', unnaceptable or dark. And other is fine as long as it is positive or hopeful or about acceptance. But when the point is merely anarchy, I have no sympathy. I think people get rebellion and anarchy very confused. Rebellion is a subversion of the established system to get a better societal order. Anarchy is purely selfish because with such a nihilistic world view, one is impinging on the life of others. It is not particularly brave either because instead of making the best of things, one is making the worst of things. And from what I know of Marilyn Manson and his music, he is not a rebel, he is an anarchist.

So at the end of the day, how we choose to look (not how we were born looking) is a great insight into someone's personality. And yes, she is probably better off.

That said, she seems boring as hell. In her interviews she is very plank-like.

Yes! I never heard of an anarchist with a cause! I hate to use the owrd anarchist to describe Manson because it compliments him too much to assume he could have any impact. But I so agree with what you say by seeing that he has no direction, and in that sense, there is no artistic vision, is there? He doesn't even have any intelligent thought for it. He just splatters a mess on the floor and says, "ah, but look at the mess. Can you deal with it?" Okay, that's so old and not an intellectual question. The answer is, "yes I can deal with it, now would please clean it up with your tongue and move on? I want to see the other exhibits."

Heroin_Chic said:
I guess all men prefer girls over women because they are "easier too handle"...I guess she still looks up to him "the artistic Rockstar", while Dita was doing her own thing, her performances, cosmetics contracts etc with the attention that she got through him...
Not ALL men, just insecure, egomaniacal ones who know their career is so far down the drain that they decided to bow out of the music industry for now voluntarily( yeah, right. He couldn't sell anything and had to put out a "greatest hits" album).
If a woman dumped a man for being succesful, she would be called a b*tch and a half, but when a guy does it, it's just something we all supposedly have to accept as part of his genders' nature.

I don't get women who let men mould them into some random plaything.

chloegirl said:
from people.com:

Marilyn Manson Dating Evan Rachel Wood

Well, um... she's a Virgo and he's a Capricorn, so I guess they are compatible? :doh: :unsure: :innocent:

I really don't think Evan knows what she is embarking upon. She is going to be one sad little girl when Manson is through with her.

I do not get why people are so freaked by them being together. I can really see why Evan would be so into him she seems to be kina an offbeat type of actress.

^ I think that too. It amazes me how people would randomly assume she's this innocent little girl with no mind of her own. She knows what she's getting herself into. Publicity comes to mind. :innocent:

Maybe Evan just wants to be a star...I mean yesterday she was just an actress...now everyone knows her name and for once no one wanted to talk about that other young scandalous actress...Lindsay Lohan.

It is a little freaky how he molded her into this other person already though...she may be in over her head...

Don't think much of Dita's burlesques... whereas, whatever else Marilyn has done (or hasn't done), I will always find the Tainted Love video hysterical...

BodhiTree said:
^ I think that too. It amazes me how people would randomly assume she's this innocent little girl with no mind of her own. She knows what she's getting herself into. Publicity comes to mind. :innocent:

How do you know she knows what she's getting herself into? I'll tell you one thing if she did she wouldn't be doing this. The heartache she is setting herself up for is tremendous. You think if this man humiliates and causes the kind of pain he is to Dita that he won't do the same to Evan? She's younger and more naive and more trusting than a woman of Dita's age and experience. She'll take the fall just as hard. It's not like Marilyn has any intentions of marrying this young girl. Please his intentions are hardly honorable. He's a pig and she's 19 I don't care how wise or smart she is. Terrible things are going to come her way. Just watch. I don't like being right about this sort of thing but I know I am.

Why is the age such a big deal? I could see it being a problem if she was 15 or something. I think if you're over 18 and you click with somebody why not? Just because you're young dosn't make you stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->