Do you do 'The Fashion' every day?

renferme

Reaction score
Was thinking about this because generally I am a scruff-bag. I mostly work from home so the only people who see my ancient tracksuits and unbrushed hair are my (business and relationship)partner - who happens to be more of a scruff-bag than me, or the checkout operators at our local shops.

I was looking at celebrities too - we have the Siennas and Kates, who always look immaculate and then we have the Britneys and the Helena Bonham Carters, who look like they slept in a dumpster.

I do make an effort sometimes - when I go out at night (which is rarely), when I go on holiday or when I go to meetings with clients or trade shows (I work in the trade as a designer).

Im now wondering if I've overdosed on the business so much that I can't be bothered to be a fashionista most of the week. :innocent:

So which one are you then? Are you a Britney, with your baggy trackies hanging halfway down your butt or are you a Sienna with a well thought out outfit for every time you leave work at night? :rolleyes:

I'm more Sienna-male, meaning Jude Law. Only I don't cheat.

I hate to admit it, but sadly, I'm closer to a Britney. :cry: (But I'm a CLEAN Britney and my butt is covered!)

I work in a software company (think of the comic strip Dilbert) where I see the same people day in and day out. Most of the company is engineers and literally wear the same clothes every day, so I'm actually pretty up in "fashion" by the fact that I shower and wear clean clothes every day! :lol:

I work from 5am- 2pm... so I tend to throw comfortable jeans, t-shirt, and sweatshirt on and hide in my office all day.

I think this is partly why I enjoy this forum so much. I LOVE fashion, but I just don't really act upon it for myself. This is my outlet since I'm stuck in front of a computer all day.

I do put more of an effort in my appearance when it comes to the weekend or going out... but day in and day out... I'm pretty blah.

A bit of both worlds…I also work from home most of the time, but like to dress for my own (and my daughters ^_^ ) amusement sometimes…I also feel better & more efficient when well dressed for some reason...but definitely not over-elaborate everyday.

i'm sure i don't always look 'immaculate', but i dress everyday.....
no sweatpants, runners, sweatshirts etc.....

i do wear jeans, though.....and flip flops.....:innocent:...
thats about as 'casual' as i get....
oh, and uggs on the occasional rainy day when i'm running to make my class.....:ninja:....

i wear a lot of flats and flat boots.....simple but 'dressed'....
skinny jeans (these i am addicted to....in black.....they don't look as casual as 'blue jeans' but they're comfortable and so easy to wear)....
sweaters and scarves and blazers.... layered tank tops and shirts.....

i like to look put together and have fun.....like nr9 mentioned....i dress for myself.....and i just dont FEEL good when i leave the house in sweatpants and runners.....

:flower:

izze said:
I work from 5am- 2pm... so I tend to throw comfortable jeans, t-shirt, and sweatshirt on and hide in my office all day.

West Coast? Financial industry?

adorefaith said:
i'm sure i don't always look 'immaculate', but i dress everyday.....
Ditto :flower:

Except for the occassional day when I know I'm not leaving the house and stay in PJs allllll day... :D I love those days :P

faust said:
West Coast? Financial industry?

I'm in Mountain Time Zone... but I cover customers on the East coast. I work a lot of hours from home too. Software industry. Nothing glamorous about software. :lol:

I wouldn't dream of leaving the house in sweats or bad hair, even to the corner store...

And I usually have to put together an outfit I like, otherwise I couldn't make it through the day...if I happen to leave the house wearing tights or a top the wrong shade for example, I've often been known to dash into a store to replace it...it just feels gross... Eek! Too much? :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I should revise my response. My hair is done, I'm put together and clean. I don't leave in sweat pants or pajamas or anything. But I'm definitely not done up or wearing my highest fashion.

Well, my job doesn't allow me to wear sweats or work from home, unfortunately...so if I am in a rush and it's a day with work or classes, I usually end up dressing in a very minimalist style with lots of black-- black tops, simple pencil or Aline skirts, blazers to throw over jeans or black pants, boots, simple handbags, little or no jewelry or accessories. I guess the celebrity with the most similar style is Angelina Jolie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never do the fashion thing I just thro on what ever in the mornings, i mean its only college. I make slightly more of an effort for work as I need to think about it, as it needs to be all black. But I never plan outfits just thro on. I only own one paiur fo sweat pants and they are strictly sports and working out in only. I dont own a pair of trainers either.
I live in flats, as heals make me look odd. I mostly wear trousers. I must admit i really dont go to any effort any more. It werid I used to then when we got rid of school uniform suddenly I lost appeal. I dont even wear make up really thats how much of a slob I am, I just go for clean grooming, clean face with lipgloss and wear my hair down or in a high pony tail thing with a quiff, or fat hairband.

if i leave the village where i live i do the fashion thing - i cant not do it

^^ yeah I know what you mean if i go into town i will but just for colege etc. i dont have time.

lol we were told that we have to look good for college

VICTIM said:
if i leave the village where i live i do the fashion thing - i cant not do it

I think the tipping point for me was when I bumped into my ex-husband in the West End I was wearing a dreadful old tracksuit - and a fake fur leopardskin coat. (Helena Bonham-Carter eat your heart out). Ok, I had a smart uniform type outfit in my bag - I was on my way to a Buddhist meeting to work as a lilac (usher), I was also late hence the 'my wardrobe fell on me' look, but that doesn't excuse it does it?

lol we were told that we have to look good for college

well you are doing a fashion course :wink:

we were too last year we have a dress code, no flip flops (too casual, and a h&s hazzard aparently) no strappy tops, no mid drift showing, no ripped or scruffy jeans, even if the rips are intentional, no sportswear, no mini skirts and no lacey, fishnet or fancy hoisery. If we break a rule we used to get sent home early. AT sixth form college they are slightly more relaxed you can wear trainers if you wih too.

I can't say I own anything that is really all that scruffy. I don't even own sweat pants coz I can't be bothered to spend money on something that I would only wear lounging around the house. I love dressing up for myself anyway...it's part of the fun in the morning. I absolutely loathe dressing for the office where I work everyday...and I try to get away with as much as possible! :D

I'd like to do the fashion thing everyday, but I can't. Going to class and getting clay/oil paint/turpentine/etc. on your top/dress/pants is HELL! Even with an apron on I don't feel 100% safe. So, I dress up on the days I don't have "staining" classes.

i don't plan outfits . . .
just go w/my mood in the morning & the time i have :innocent:
trousers if i have no time :lol:
i have been told i have a v.instinctive style
almost inherent . . . i can't not 'consider' smthn in an outfit . .
just pick out wht goes . . . & who cares if it works . . . ! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->