Do you prefer dressing for summer or winter?

Always winters

Dubai has such a hot weather in summer...but I love the winters here...any1 planning to come to Dubai for this fab winter season..its sure a treat.:P

Do I really have to choose between Summer and Winter only since I prefer Fall and Spring.

I also prefer Fall and Spring - I love hot weater, but I am also so uninspired when it comes to creating outfits. I prefer the "in between" weather; when it is ideal for thinner layers - cardigans, shrugs, boots, scarves as opposed to completely wrapped up for the extreme cold.

Australian and Greek Summers are humid and hot hot hot...i love them much more than the winters!

Personally its just because you can wear less, a dress and sandles or heels and thats all. I usually am in kaftans with swimwear underneath or summer dresses all summer!

I hate dealing with leggins, and tights and cardigans and scarves flying off and cold hands...makes me grumpy just thinking about it.

Plus im a classic hourglass shape so wearing less layers suits me!

Put me in a dress and im happy as can be :smile:

Winter, it inspires me more! Definitely more choices & more clothes to wear, plus you don't get all sweaty once you step outside :doh:

Now I would consider fall/winter preferable. I can't stand really hot days and dressing isn't any fun when you're just trying to avoid getting very sweaty and feeling like you're melting. Also I don't care for the fact that spring/summer clothing is usually bright and you can't really find subtle colors at all.

I agree with a lot of that, ChloeFrancoise. :flower: Sweat and the heat are big elements of how I dress in the summer.

Now that autumn is here, we can pull out all of our coats and winter accessories. :D You don't get to wear a bomber hat, mittens, scarves, etc.

fall is the absolute best time of year for fashion...
hands down...

^_^

fall and spring have to be my picks... I love wearing scarves and tights. Generally I just like layers. But after a long winter I do long for wearing dresses with bare legs, no socks and just happier colors. Mind you, it does not get that warm where I live, so it's still possible to "pull of" a fall outfit in the summer without getting killed by the heat. ^_^

winter, i think anyone looks better in that time.
oh shut up.

Add me to the spring/autumn lovers now :heart:.. not only the weather is just perfect for both layering and light clothes but also I like that the temperature change is sudden (since you're coming out of extreme temperatures) and everyone gets excited and more creative with their clothes.. I do love dressing for summer and winter but it gets old after a week and I begin to dread it.. I don't like having the weather being my major concern when thinking about what to wear and I usually get it wrong anyway, I'm either too covered for the heat or freezing because I'm not wearing enough layers, I hate that.

lol, i don't mind the heat (too much). i can wear t-shirts with a light shirt on top, or a colorful poloshirt, and either cargo shorts or more tailored ones. a simple outfit like that just lends itself well to accessorizing. bracelets, sunnies, necklaces and pendants, rings, etc. while in winter, everything is covered up.

I prefer winter and to be quite honest winter, fall and spring as easier. I can get away with wearing colder weather items in spring. I can pair my boots up with a trench coat and there's no way I can wear boots in summer without looking like a weirdo. My cardigan and lighter weight sweaters transition easily through winter to spring. It's summer everything in my wardrobe practically fall apart. :angry::lol:

I much preffer winter too... I love the way you have so so much more choice in what to wear... style as well as material. I think if you dress for your activity you generally dont have that much issues with extreems of temprature either... I know what you mean though as shopping can be a pain when its freezing. I tend to take the car... head for a multi story then dash from shop to shop underdressed... or have one big warm coat which is easy to take off... nothing worse than stripping off loads of layers in a changing room...

That said... I still way prefer winter... I love the luxuary of winter fashion... especially the quality of fabrics! And you dont need to be dark and dull in winter... I love that feeling of being wrapped up!

Oh, winter for me!
So many new textures, options, layers, etc. I adore winter accessories, too: the mittens, gloves, scarves, hats. I tend to pay far more attention to my wardrobe in winter, for i'm really not a summer person at heart.

Shopping for my winter coat is something akin to a nightmare though, it is such an important purchase that i literally take two months off the winter calendar merely searching for one:wink:
But once i have located the perfect winter coat (+boots, hat, scarf, gloves, bag....), i'm a very happy bunny.

Fall and Winter. I like wearing sweaters and jackets, gloves and scarfs, and boots :smile:

I would definitely say Winter. No matter how little clothes I wear, it always seems to be too much! :(
Plus, I live in Australia and so our Winter is basically just rain and our Summer is blistering heat. That's why it's extra special when I'm overseas during their Winter - the snow is bliss.

i always feel like in the summer i wish it was winter so i can wear burgundy, tights, boots, etc..but when fall actually comes around i wish it was summer so i can wear cute pink dresses....such ambivalence

I prefer dressing fo winter.In winter I can play with layers have an inexplicable obsession coats, jackets and boots :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->