Do you wear designer, vintage, or ...?

Reaction score
Im wondering if im the only person on here, that doesn't wear Gucci, and the such? Or am I just in the wrong place? :innocent: ( if so, cool, if not, cool.)

As far as my style, i'm fond of vintage and victorian era clothes. Bodices, corsets, skirts, etc.
I do also like good ol' regular jeans and a t-shirt though, too.

~L

Actually, Corset_Faerie87, you sound exactly like me! I also don't own a single piece of designer anything. While I'd love to one day, it's way over my budget right now. Also, I am a huge fan of historical clothing and spent hours poring over costume books. My sister and I have several historic costumes at home and we have a ton of fun getting dressed up in them. In fact, for my birthday present this year she is making me a dress from an actual 1950s pattern. Vintage is a huge passion of mine as well- I think I own more vintage pieces than modern dresses. You are most definately not alone Corset_Faerie87! Welcome to the forum! :flower:

I only ever wear gucci and the like on formal occations(and I mean I do wear nice stuff), and the 'casual' wear from other top end designers, on semi-formal occations (taking someone out to a meal etc). Im a student and I can afford to constantly wear haute couture, but if I get a good job when Im a bit older, Ill be down the Moschino store in a jiffy....

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Feb 29th, 2004 - 12:12 pm
but if I get a good job when Im a bit older, Ill be down the Moschino store in a jiffy....
:lol: Exactly; I would definately wear Chanel if I could...

Originally posted by Corset_Faerie87@Feb 28th, 2004 - 10:34 pm
Im wondering if im the only person on here, that doesn't wear Gucci, and the such?
We're a diverse bunch here. Most anything goes, from thrift finds to couture. :flower:

ohh yeah, thats right, I forgot about the thrifts.
Well you know, style is about mixing high and low, otherwise you may just be very very wealthy, or unstylish. But there are some who are both.

I hate gucci!

lets see i have a bleach blond mohawk

I like cuting up t shirts and sewing them back to gether

I wear vintage, boutique, soem deisgner , ever thing whatever.

I have a pair of bright silver reflective jeans...'nough said....

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 29th, 2004 - 8:09 pm
I hate gucci!

lets see i have a bleach blond mohawk

I like cuting up t shirts and sewing them back to gether

I wear vintage, boutique, soem deisgner , ever thing whatever.
You hate gucci? :cry:

Alas, I was beginning to like you... :lol:
Nah, I see what else you wear and I've got quite a few friends who share your taste. I like Gucci, ahhGucci.
Just say ahh.
ahhh
ahhh
ahhh
you see, im converting you :innocent:

I have a mohawk

I wear silver Prada shoes

I love pink

I love acid green

I wear a lot of vintage designers, thank God for vintage boutiques down here, I can find a lot of vintage Dior, Gucci, YSL and Byblos...I wear whatever is cool, be it from kmart, or Neimans...if I can afford it :doh: ... I mix with cool new designers like James Perse, Michael Stars, Joe's, YAYA, Da Nang... :wink:

And of course, I make clothes :innocent:

I wear all sorts of crap. Mostly home-made clothes and scavenge. I am the queen of free, hand-me-down clothing. Today, I'm wearing a shirt I weaseled out of my sister's giveaway pile, a vintage suede jungle-jacket that had belonged to my great-grandmother, and a pair of boys' carpenter pants I bought at the DAV charity shop.

I never wear designer (can't afford it!) and hardly ever wear clothing that reflects the major trends of the day. In fact, my best outfits are jumbled together from the hodgepodge of weird clothing I call a wardrobe. I couldn't trot down to J. Crew and buy an outfit...I just don't look very good in proper, sensible, classic styles. I am homely and crazy and just look like I'm in some kind of drag when I try to get especially conservative.

So yeah, I have an unusal style. Don't know if you would call it wild, but it is pretty much unique to me, largely because I do make the bulk of the clothing I wear regularly.

I love all kinds of stuff...I can't wear vintagy stuff it never fits me correctly...but I can see where it would look nice....I love designers as well though. I make some of my own stuff as well...that fashion design degree is coming in handy.

I wore vintage when I was younger ... these days I wear a combination of designer, contemporary, and ... not high street, what do you call it :huh: Middle of the road stuff ... things that cost < $100/item ... stuff you get at Nordstrom's, Ann Taylor, Anthropologie ... there must be a term for this :lol:

well i must say i love designer clothes but im a poor fashion student and only 18 so im not wearing any expensive designer-ish shoes. I wear vintage, h&m/zara etc. Actually i just buy everywhere i find something to love!

im a poor student too so i stick to contemporary and stores like jcrew & gap. i try to stay away from forever 21 type stores. i have a little collection of designer accessories. i would loove to wear designer but ill have to get a real job first! i have to admit though, im so jealous of those members who seem to have all these amazing designer pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanking god I have the opportunity to wear designer clothing but most of my clothes are not desinger, sometimes I make my own clothes....AND I gotta admit that I'm a April 77, cheap monday and forever 21 - HOLIC!

@ Andymoon, i think it's so great to wear your own clothes. I'm going to start to make some things for myself, because it's 'unique' and if i want something but can't find it its great but i make a lot of things for school but in a strange way i cannot put myself to make something really for me... crazy huhh...

and i try to not look like a 'basic H&M/zara/UO/F21 shop-girl' and luckily i never ran into someone looking almost/exactly like me so i still trust on my styling instincts...

well, I can't afford that designers' labels but I'm sure one day I can afford them! :lol:
so, I just stick to flea markets and end of season's sale at zara/promod/etc

i wear vintage,second hand stuff passed down to me from family/friends,to chain store stuff (forever 21, club monaco, zara, h&m and the likes) to casual labels(mike&chris,james perse, free people etc. to second line designer stuff (marc by marc, see by chloe...).

the more expensive stuff i usually get on sale though :P

you're def not alone. like others have said... all designer labels head to toe does NOT equal to fashionable, like how wearing head to toe trends = fashion victim.

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelnamedeva
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->