Dolce & Gabbana F/W 09.10 Milan

I just watched it and it was AMAZING!!
I don't care what anyone thinks about the Marilyn Monroe references, I though this collection personified vintage glam with a touch of moderninty.
The face skirts, glove bows and hats, the checked dresses.
Alongside I got to see many of my favorite veteran models!
:heart::heart::heart:

Argh, I missed it. Every freakin time I miss it. What's wrong with me? Obviously a lot.

I missed it but thats ok..

^ Also I dont think we should delete up to the point when the pictures will be posted... this is how its done.. last time they posted when it was about to be live, everyone discussed it during it (some even took screencaps). Sorry that you missed it.

So is it safe to say Dolce & Gabbana is giving you Tom Ford-nistas what Gucci/Frida isn't?

Here's a screencap of one of the Marilyn Monroe dresses.. This one's on Karlie..

KarlieMonroe.jpg

screencapped by me from dolcegabbana.it

this is so far the top on my list of fall's best collection (with gianfranco ferre being the 2nd). :smile:

Mariacarla in Imelda Marcos-inspired tuxedo.. :lol:

Mariacarla.jpg

Natasha in another Marilyn Monroe dress. This one is the finale dress I assume..

NatashaPoly.jpg

Why does economical recession translate into 80s inspired collections? It's like they all gathered around the table and decided that they were going for the 80s next season.
definitely Warhol inspired and 80s pop culture and the power lady ofcourse and 80s prom dresses barf!

hmm, I liked the pink and some dresses, like the dark blue number on Olga or the one on Kasia. Not so much a fan of those photoprints.
Where has the sex gone? It's not at Cavalli anymore, Dolce & Gabbana have banned it...I miss it.
Who's bringing sexy back?

you're right bengt!!! i think the duo got some inspiration from the former first lady of our country. :lol:, imelda marcos.

i just LOVE this collection!!! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think that most of this was very 80's at all. If anything, it had a strong Schiaparelli late 30s/early 40s vibe to it.

I actually liked the collection at the start, it was kooky, it was graphic, the Marilyn prints were cute (though kind of lazy. I love the idea of a Marilyn Monroe print, but they should've done something with it instead of just smacking a blown up portrait of her in the center of a piece of fabric.)

As it wore on though, between the repetition of the music and the repetition of the looks it really started to grate on my nerves. Why, WHY do they insist on showing so many similar looks every season? It drowns out any of the interesting pieces that might be in the collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->