Dolce Gabbana Mens S/S 2011 Milan

Dolce and Gabbana mens wear always hits the mark. Amazing tailoring combined with timeless sophistication, comfort and a large amount of sex appeal. Im always impressed.

At least it give the feeling of breeze and fresh air of ocean side but the suit collection bores me to hell tho the use of ropes is very chic.

What a snooze-fest. I was literally falling asleep while scrolling the collection, which takes up an entire page. Same Sicilian crap they've been pulling for the past 2 seasons, although I must admit this is better than their last collection, but still pretty drab. What happened to the beauty that was Spring 2009? -_- Tisk Tisk Dolce & Gabbana.

How obscenely boring.
I also find it obnoxious to think about how overpriced all of this very basic, streamline and thoughtless clothing is.

I hate the bleachy, torn jeans .. it's like high end Abercrombie. Heck, A&F isn't even high end.
I do like the rest like the sandals, white trousers, tops etc etc etc.

I agree with those who say it's a boring collection. Dull, drab colors. It reminds me of something like Tommy Bahama or Panama Jack apparel from the 80s. :unsure:

compared to their other collections, i like this.. for what it is. for me, dolce & gabbana always have some obvious gimmick or theme and with this collection it's not so obvious and the fact that it may be boring and just simply nice clothes is what appeals to me. it's no way innovative or that much interesting, but the subdued feeling works for me.

ps if this was to be an "anniversary" collection, what's up with the runway? usually their runways are so extravagant i expected something more for a special show..

I want SS09 show back,that was just awesome and 100% pure Dolce & Gabbana style without being sticked to the stupid Sicilian inspiration :judge:

This is so incredibly boring. Since this was their 20th anniversary celebration of being in menswear for 20 years, I would've gone all out and/or have done something new and refreshing. This looks incredibly drab and pointless considering the special purpose of it. Only thing I liked was the romper (if it actually was a romper), which actually looked quite nice but still boring.

It's boring...but completely commercial. This will sell. Some of the knit wear looks nice...the piece that Francisco is wearing stands out in my mind.

Wow I cannot believe everyones thoughts on this collection were so negative, I thought the collection was completely desirable in my perspective, the colors they chose are so romantic , the tailoring and styling is incredibly well done and make me think of travelling to Monaco or someplace like that.

I'm satisfied that they've ended those rediculously tacky themes after F/W 2009, I feel like the label has stepped up it's game but I just hope they don't try to overuse these looks & themes (although I personally found the theme completely different than last season).

Last edited by a moderator:
What a weak collection. It's just a bunch of relaxing clothes :huh: Those Jesus shoes are :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

It's nice that they did a show so close to their roots for the anniversary, and it's beautiful, but I must say it's terribly boring. Especially for the amount of looks produce there really was no substance there, just a basic collection. Definitely not a memorable anniversary collection...I would've loved to see some of the craziness they used to show. -_-

INSIPID!

Everything is bad EXCEPT those rope sandals... so amazing ^_^

stuck in Sicilly, are we now?

looks pleasant enough. whoever cut the white linen suits should be fired, looks baggier than what you'd get at some mall in Mid-USA. Utah. Kansas. wherever. horrible cut.

glad to see some 'MEN' here.

i'm ok with most of tops : shirts, Tshirts, jackets...but noooooooooo for the shoes and pants !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->