Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2025 Milan

The opening was everything !!! Tho the corset sh*ts has became so boring, wish the collection was more about flou

This collection isn't just Madonna coded, it's Madonna from start to finish.
An amazing tribute to her, and so appropriate that she was in the front row.👑:heart:🔥

It’s a very nice hommage.
After all, Madonna was very instrumental in their success.

When I looked at this first look, I couldn’t help but to the think about the Marilyn White dress Tom Ford did for Gucci for SS2001.

I find it hilarious that they are going to make millions selling pointy bras on Gaultier’s back.

Their history with Madonna involved lingerie, I think about the Who’s That Girl era and looks that appeared in this collection but The Pointy Bras are Gaultier.

Nevertheless, it feels very Autopilot. I think that they are also in a phase where they are thinking about their legacy so, even if it’s repetitive, it has the merit of screaming Dolce & Gabbana. The dangerous side of it is that through styling they can do many versions of those collections: Sophia Loren, Monica Belucci…etc.

If you complain that JWA does a ton of variations of few looks then you should complain about this too. That was very repetitive.

I prefer the pleasant mess from Versace this season than this repetitive yet touching tribute to Madonna.

To me Versace was more fun, the fun of separates and prints, felt more casual too. But I'm loving the glamour of Dolce here. It's much better than last season, even the transparency is more believable. Perhaps because it's inspired by a real woman. From the Express Yourself tailoring to the beautiful dresses, there is plenty of clothes to wear here.

I'm gonna watch the video cause the whole thing looks good.

I think Madonna would look a hundred times more fantastic & stylish in those few floral dresses than ANYTHING she’s donned in the past 10 years. (Seriously, who are these kiddie designers & stylists she’s working with these days?)

All in all, a pleasant show to watch. Their take on JPG’s costumes from the Blond Ambition Tour are definitely better than the other designers versions from his HC collection. And I can’t hate a show w/ “Love Is The Message” in the soundtrack. So for that alone, they get my applause this time.

^ It's better of them to remake something old and breathe life into it than to let them experiment and try to create something "innovative" ( those yikes DG collections during 2020-2022 :sick: ). Inheriting and renovating is not necessarily bad things, especially in today's fashion scene, I don't think we will see anything new from them ( impossible most likely )

A Beautiful collection and homage to Madonna. It was also great to see the icon in the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterskk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->