Dries Van Noten S/S 2006 Paris

Just lovely- I love the subtle oriental inspiration and the exquisite colors & prints- very tasteful :heart:

I always love the layering of the garments for the DvN shows..Anybody have any info on the stylist for the show?

Nice collection. Very nice. As usual from Dries.

yes helena...softgrey like this...

will be picking up some shorts at old navy, the gap or j crew come spring methinks...

:lol:

It's a bit off-topic, but here goes :unsure::

Does anyone know who did the music for the show? They showed some clips on the news and I heard a wonderfull remix of The Police's "Every Breath You Take".
Thanks in advance :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
source: nytimes.com

Van Noten Ties Up a Pretty Package

By ERIC WILSON
Published: October 7, 2005

PARIS, Oct. 6 - With Victorian collars, antique lace, baroque embroidery, Dadaist dresses, obi belts and a new wave of minimalism, the spring collections have traipsed through so many periods and influences that they are beginning to resemble pointillist dots (also a reference). Trying to untangle the complete picture is the kind of headache-inducing puzzle that makes looking at a collection from Dries van Noten such a relief. A designer whose range of ethnic references and sense for color know no boundaries can, in one show, bring harmony to such seemingly disparate elements.

Mr. van Noten, who works in Antwerp, Belgium, builds his collections on a base of textiles with a worn and natural hand, dyed and washed until they look about a million years old. Then he slowly blends them with a touch of finer fabrics, as in the rich brocade of gold foil he used in one example at his show on Wednesday. The stiff floor-length skirt was paired with a loose black blouse, its billowing sleeves almost carelessly rolled to the elbows. The only clue to a theme, which seemed to begin with a kimono and end somewhere along the spice route, was a black lacquered comb in the hair of a model, whose face was powdered and lips stained.

a superb collection from mr. van noten... very couture-like, and much less obviously ethnic than before... the textures and the color pallette are beatiful :wub:... one of my favorites of the season :flower:

love it, very balanced but sharp looking at the same time.

I like Dries, but the lengths of those shorts don't look too flattering..Not everyone is a 5'11" model =( The shirts are nice though, I like the colour

Oh my...this collection is so rich, it almost has a taste.

More photos from vogue
00010f.jpg

00040f.jpg

00100f.jpg

I can't think of another designer at work now who is as good with color.

The thing for me that is always scary about Dries, that team, is that...the clothes, ultimately have so much character, they have lives, stories, experiences of their own. It is never overbearing. It is, for me at least, always a little 'older', old souled (which beats 'classic' hands down). They inspire you to live a life or many lives, whatever suits you best. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have that power as a designer, to have trained, to have expericed, to have researched...and then put out these clothes with the colours and embroideries...it's sheer magic. I have too much of it but I'd never get rid of it, its like a second skin...a first skin even.

a bit disappointed but there's something good here and there. i usually appreciate a lot dries work.

I adore DvN.

I am kind of happy he has never crossed over and become another "brand" but rather stayed true to his craft.

I would be very disappointed to see DvN for H&M or a DvN perfume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->