Dry Skin - in general / combating the effects of winter

Hi strawberry I merged your question into this thread..it might provide some suggestions for you :flower:

Some products you might want to check out : (doesn't contain spf unfortunately) Dermalogica's climate control and Dermalogica's barrier repair - both great for sensitive skin during the winter - I have sensitive skin and use both topically..

For winter I really want to try Caudalie's Moisturising cream mask and Mario Badescu's Olive Eye Cream (to wear at night) and considering Ole Henriksen's Black Currant Energising Complexion Oil

Yes I also have dry skin during winter...I can already feel it getting drier and its only October. :rolleyes::cry:
I agree with Hanne about the Barrier Repair...stuff is good and rich.

Clinique's stuff is sooo good.

also. i spray my face with thermal water all the time. especially avene's one. it looks glowing. and then i put a bit of foundation.

spraying my face with water is okay imo when your inside.. or outside if your climate is warm.. but in a months time.. if I did that leaving my home.. it would be really bad for my skin.

i always do it inside. just before going to bed and before going out and about. i hate all sorts of creams on my face. i feel artificial with it. so i base my daily routine and my face, my leftovers of acne and my mental health really appreciate it. :wink:

I sort of get what you're saying.. that's how I felt when I was younger and my sebum production kept my skin oiled.. putting facecreams on felt heavy.. but if your skin is fine without any facecream it doesn't sound to me like you're suffering from particularly dry skin.. unless ofcourse it's a result of drying acne skincare regime ..but each to their own and if it works for you, thats all that counts. :wink:

I like Neurtogena Norwegian Formula face moisturiser for winter. Works well for me

me as well, lately ive been noticing really really bad dry spots on my face, (around my nose and between my eyes on the bridge of my nose.)

what can anyone recommend for that?? thanks in advance! :flower:
Me too,ugh,I love cold weather but I hate how dry my skin gets:(

^ same deal with me! especially these few days as i've been down with a cold and my face is even worse...

i've been having trouble with foundation because it emphasizes my flakey dry skin. so i've been cleansing and using a light oil-free moisturizer, waiting until it sinks in, then applying a foundation primer before putting on foundation which i find helps with smoothing out my skin but keeping the moisture in (or at least it feels like it is!)

I use an oil cleanser in the winter. Anything else makes my skin peel of almost immediately :shock: I don't use moisturizers containing water when it's cold, that can cause broken capillaries...I get a lot of those.

Ida.. if you haven't been to Aarhus yet.. you should check out Skin Doctores in Magasin - the brand is on sale in Cph-Magasin.. at 50% and they have a creme called Capillary Clear
I didn't get it because I've been doing preventative work..so I'm not really suffering from them at the moment.. and the cream didn't say that it was preventative.. just that it "Improve the appearance of broken capillaries".

I'm considering getting them removed with laser. I have a lot around my jaw and nostrils, and knowing how my moms looks...well. I might getting them removed in April, it's not too expensive. They're not that noticable yet, but I'm getting more each winter :doh:

seriously I've religiously applied Barrier Repair from dermalogical around my nostrils and cheeks (thats were I get them) all year round..(as well as sunscreen in summer) and there is a remarkable reduction.. you should try it..

Looking at my dad and aunt.. I know that I'm predisposted to getting them too..

I always wear sunscreen...again, my mom :ninja: I will look into Barrier Repair if it's cheaper than laser (it probably is), and I do love Dermalogica.

the dryness concentrated at my lower cheeks (mostly flakeyness) has now become a bumpy junkyard of a mess. I can't stand having this bumpy skin. Makeup doesn't help a-t---a-l-l. Anything I do to it (makeup wise) just doesn't look right anymore and in fact, makeup accentuates the bumpy texture.
I have a dermatologist appointment scheduled for today (my 1st visit to one). Hopefully, I'll have something worthy to share with you guys after i attempt to treat whatever this is.

It's honestly a comfort seeing that other people have problems with dry skin.. somewhat of a release..kinda like someone's holding my hand here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckthorn oil capsules are great for very dry skin. Salmon and nuts also help.

I'm not sure if the Body Shop exists outside of Canada, but I bought their hemp hand cream (I heard many good things) to keep in my purse for the winter and I have to say, it smells lovely and does the trick. And it doesn't leave your hands all icky after application! Two very moisturized thumbs up :wink:

the dryness concentrated at my lower cheeks (mostly flakeyness) has now become a bumpy junkyard of a mess. I can't stand having this bumpy skin. Makeup doesn't help a-t---a-l-l. Anything I do to it (makeup wise) just doesn't look right anymore and in fact, makeup accentuates the bumpy texture.
I have a dermatologist appointment scheduled for today (my 1st visit to one). Hopefully, I'll have something worthy to share with you guys after i attempt to treat whatever this is.

It's honestly a comfort seeing that other people have problems with dry skin.. somewhat of a release..kinda like someone's holding my hand here.

I seem to have the same problem- it's just extremely dry skin that turns bumpy after a while.

How did your appointment go?

I've already started getting dry spots, hooray. Winter is here :(

anyone tried weleda's wild rose night cream? its seriously awesome for dry skin, i was using la mer but its too pricey so i found this in target...no added preservatives, all natural and smells good...its very thick and emollient so i apply it to my cheeks at night right after washing my face and it absorbs very fast. my skin is now so much more moisturized even during the day, give it a try! its only $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->