DSquared2 F/W 09.10 Milan

this styling reminds me of Adriana's edit for Vogue Paris...last F/W was way better than this one, I don't like this styling, overload of accessories & the coffee cups ruined everything. some looks look okay though.

wait.... they opened with the gowns?

it's really less "clothes", it's more "cool, urban prep" styling. the Blair Waldorfs and Serena v.d. Woodsens of this world (or Manhattan :lol:) will be all over this.

clothing wise, it's really just a lot of basics.

I think the props are hilarious but as for the collection well....it's just blah

it's like boho chic, grunge, and a casual gossip girl look combined. like what mary kate olsen wore a few years ago, with a sprinkle of grunge.

the only things i like is one blazer i spotted, and most of the shoes are amazing.

I ADORE this! CHEE-KY!
"screw you catwalk glamazones, screw you monogram weekendbags, screw you not-really-ready-to-wear-this". Punch! Best thing is, this wouldn't be fun at all if it had been in NY or London, but it's Milan!

except for the gowns, this looks like the mannequins at pull&bear. I dislike all of it(except for the cropped leopard jacket in post 48). It's a sad attempt at irony and humor that has been done better in past seasons.

except for the gowns, this looks like the mannequins at pull&bear. I dislike all of it(except for the cropped leopard jacket in post 48). It's a sad attempt at irony and humor that has been done better in past seasons.

Who has done this in the past and better? to the point that it was satire?

Screams LA to me. Incredibly tacky, especially with the Starbucks.
I like maybe the last 6 looks that are very 'rock & roll'.

this is bad. i could find the same look if i picked up a national enquirer and looked at candid pics of celebs walking to the grocery store. and i doubt that d&d are being ironic or satirical in any way.

the starbucks cups are annoying...well i guess it was only a matter of time before product placement hit the runway.

I did actually like it :blush: But the individual pieces, because the styling is quite tacky.

I think the IDEA of this show is fun, just having models that look like real people styled like real people with Starbucks and magazines BUT the clothes they are wearing are clothes you can find ANYWHERE! I don't get an aesthetic or even a DESIGN out of these clothes. I looks like Old Navy or the Gap.

this is bad. i could find the same look if i picked up a national enquirer and looked at candid pics of celebs walking to the grocery store. and i doubt that d&d are being ironic or satirical in any way.

the starbucks cups are annoying...well i guess it was only a matter of time before product placement hit the runway.

They are totally not be satirical or ironic. That's why the presentation includes Starbucks cups and the styling is something you could find in celeb candid pics. Dsquared2 always take themselves seriously like when they did their rap/hip hop theme with the menswear presentation. Not to mention that they stuck tabloids in the bags of the models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who has done this in the past and better? to the point that it was satire?

what I meant was, in past seasons they have relied on entertainment value such as having celebs walk the runway, or gimmicks of whatever kind (charlies angels, waiters, etc) that have probably been enough to distract from the mediocre clothing going down the runway. It does not seem so this season, but maybe I spoke too soon as there might have been some kind of show that has not been mentioned yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->