DSquared2 F/W 10.11 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot

OK I'm a lil pissed b/c I was expecting more form Chanel and thats all they gave her SO FAR.......
Joan pics for Givenchy has yet to surface...What gives...
Lets not forget how we anticipated Sessilee for Tommy and Jourdan for CK and wre maybe got one shot of each.....

Before I'm crucified.....I'm just saying:innocent::innocent::innocent:

I'm shocked that only two people have mentioned that this looks like Steven Klein, because frankly this falls just short of being a total rip off. It may not be a direct recreation of his work, but the aesthetic, the coloring, the lighting, the poses, the content...it reeks of Klein. I literally had to double check the thread title after I opened it to make sure I really did see "Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot".

I may tire of it, but I'd much rather M&M stick to their own look rather than ape someone else's.

After I get over how great Iris looks, I might have plenty of criticism, but I haven't got to that point yet. Just enjoying the sight of her. When that wears off...

yay for iris, i'm still a little disapointed chanel is even in this, but im happy she only got 1 shot and you can hardly see her face in it :smile:

Visually it's stunning. Great idea too. Very little of actual clothes advertising though, lol. Still, should be one of the best campaigns of the season for sure.

But I feel so bad for Alla and Chanel. Ugh. I was really looking forward to seeing them here. I always feel terrible for girls who get cast for a campaign and then... this.

I'm hoping that other shots are yet to surface of Alla and Chanel.....

Great campaign!!

Do you think they were actually naked when photographing it? I can imagine it being a little hard to concentrate when someone is facing you full frontal, haha.

Ok seriously I don't understand the hate on Chanel, she did a great job in this campaign along with every other model in it (especially Iris, she killed it). I always look forward to Dsquared2 campaigns!

the random naked guy reminds me of the Dolce and Gabbana Fall 2007 ad.M&M are being anything but original:innocent:

This reminds me of some old Dolce & Gabbana campaigns by Steven Klein.

dsquared.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok seriously I don't understand the hate on Chanel, she did a great job in this campaign along with every other model in it (especially Iris, she killed it). I always look forward to Dsquared2 campaigns!

Exactly.

People are just so hung up on how hating on Chanel Iman used to be "cool." Now it's just tired and pathetic....

She looks really good in the one shot she is in, I'm really hoping she has some more, she seems like quite a high profile model to have as basically an extra...(Alla too.)

I love it! what a great campaign I hope to see more of Alla... Mert & Marcus are doing great jobs lately, since last season's Gucci campaign and Dsquared with Daria...even Chanel looks great!

This totally represents Dsquared. Tacky, cheap, fake, too much of everything.

well done

I totally agree... except your missing a few other key Dsquared characteristics: derivative, unimaginative, obvious, trying too hard (and ending up boring in the process instead of ~edgy)

^ ITA, especially with trying too hard part.

Iris is the only good thing about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvmuzse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->