Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

I'm very far from getting engaged... but I did see this very pretty Princess cut ring... two princess sidestones... but either the sidestones.. or the primary stone... it was a colored diamond.. but it was like an amber color... I've never seen thsi color diamond anywhere else...

was I imagining things?

z7808944.jpg
this is similar to what I want

wow, that's totally over the top! the one weird thing is the center stone seems to sit off the surrounding pave which leaves a gap-- i like the seccond one posted by *jj* (on the previous pg) because it's more flush

My ring - This pic is really crappy though :doh:

Attachments

• random018.jpg
    random018.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 48
I would like a 3-4 carat ring in a platinum setting and a pave diamond engagement band. I love diamonds and I don't think they can ever be "tacky." PPL that say that just cant afford larger ones. By the way, there is nothing wrong with that, but don't say its "flashy" or "showy" when others have larger stones!!!

i never got engaged I just got married so I have a two in one ring which i designed myself. Its thick scottish gold (a pale yellow) and has a raised square diamond set slightly off centre at the front.

^^^Wow WOw WOW!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: That ring is beautiful, by far one of the best I have seen! I love the split band! May I ask what shape that diamond is and the designer and what color? It looks kind of pink in that picture.

eternitygoddess said:
^^^Wow WOw WOW!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: That ring is beautiful, by far one of the best I have seen! I love the split band! May I ask what shape that diamond is and the designer and what color? It looks kind of pink in that picture.

Are you referring to the one I posted? The stone is a 1.35 ct cushion cut white diamond set in platinum from Carl Blackburn. It's available at David Clay Jewelers in San Francisco for $19,000. I sure as heck can't afford it, but finding the perfect setting is well over half the battle and when the time comes, we'll work on finding the perfect stone too. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
We just ordered mine and he will propose with the ring although I don't know when ^_^
It's a channel setting ring with about 1.2 carat diamonds. I do think that 3-4 carat is way too big on me and I'm going to look ridiculous. Yes he is not rich enough to buy me a big stone but I don't care :smile:

How exciting! Yes, you can always get more jewelry later! ^_^
I had a garnet e-ring at first, then I chose a 1ct rb(Mondera) with a vintage 50s guard from Fay Cullen.(For a while, I wasn't sure I wanted a diamond at all).

Last December I wanted another diamond ring for the right hand, but I do started wearing it on my left more often(better fit too) after finding a matching band. I also tend to like one finger of rings at a time. I feel a little crowded with both hands. Heehee, also makes space for another 'right hand ring'.

Here's the first diamond set (on the left)...

Attachments

• guardnsepkus.jpg
    guardnsepkus.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 643
more of the old set and one intermediate Alex Sepkus mounting w/official wedding band(from ceremony).

yes, i'm a bit jewelery obsessed.. :blush:

Attachments

• yelsets.jpg
    yelsets.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 31
last pic of current ring alone. I promised my husband I'd cool it for a while(10 years or so, barring any major financial windfall..then all bets are off... heehee)

I'd eventually like an Emerald, elongated Cushion cut, or Oval around 5cts, but that's probably in the far distant future. I'll be wearing bifocals by then. LOL! B)

Attachments

• roval2.jpg
    roval2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 80
one of my dream rings:heart: (only I'd like a bit higher color...ECs show a lot of color compared to other shapes..they also faceup/appear smaller for their carat weight)

Attachments

• waveec2.jpg
    waveec2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 33
Thanks Caffeine! It's crazy because I was never into rings before engagement and marriage. Now it's almost as bad as my perfume fixation... Only not as easily fulfilled!! So, I drool over magazine adverts and photos from jewelry/diamond sites! :P

My husband is French, so he finds this whole American fascination with diamond eng. rings a bit bizarre. So far he's been kind about it but we've got a 2 yr old. and I'm pregnant w/our second(due in Sept) so I'm strictly on the vicarious diamond jewelry plan for now.

I do love garnets and aquamarines too..thank G-d they're not nearly as cost-prohibitive!

I know. I do think that American are very into the diamond thing, which I don't really buy :P It's all about De Beers' successful marketing, I guess.
My family actually owns a jewelry company (not in the States), but for some reason I am never into them. I think they are beautiful though. I think I will find a perfect diamond necklace and send them the style and have it made just for me ^_^ how exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->