Erin Fetherston For Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
it has now been confirmed by an editor on Glamour Magazines Website. there have been rumours of this for months and months.

http://www.glamour.com/fashionbeauty/blogs/fashion/2007/06/breaking_news_t.html

i guess it could be OK, at least the dresses will be cute. even if she doesnt have a whole lot of experience.

rumours that wwd reported last week....

GO, GO, GO FETHERSTON?: It seems like there's no stopping Target's Go International campaign these days. After recent guest designers Patrick Robinson, Libertine and Alice Temperley, word is the mass retail chain just zeroed in on Erin Fetherston for its next Go round. Details of the collaboration could not be learned, but the Berkeley, Calif.-born, Paris-based designer's collection could hit Target stores by fall. Fetherston, who is perhaps best known for her platinum blond hair with signature bangs, launched her own couture collection after studying at the Parsons The New School for Design affiliate in Paris but, after two years, shifted to ready-to-wear for spring 2005. She has shown during New York Fashion Week in recent seasons.

interesting, cannot say whether im for or against it as i havent seen much of her work to have a perspective on her.........

Goodness, they're just picking some rather odd designers, aren't they? I'd really like if they chose someone with a little more vision...

i think the dresses will be lovely. it will be interesting to see what she comes up with for the rest of the range...i've never really seen her as a sportswear/casualwear designer.

That's an interesting choice to say the least.

I agree that the dresses will be lovely... and everything else is up in the air at this point. :unsure:

i feel like i don't know enough about erin fetherston to have an opinion on this at the moment...

i recognize the name but my mind is blank in terms of identifying anything from her designs...

will have to do a little searching i guess..

i feel like i don't know enough about erin fetherston to have an opinion on this at the moment...

i recognize the name but my mind is blank in terms of identifying anything from her designs...

will have to do a little searching i guess..

quite resonable and fair IMO

just did a quick tfs search..
definitely refreshed my memory ^_^

here are a couple threads of her past collections..
am looking forward to the dresses, i think they'll be very wearable :heart:

SS 07 collection

FW 07 collection

I've been lusting after the sheer white striped dress from her SS07 collection since I came across it. I'm torn on wanting her to do something similar for her Target collection so I can afford it and not wanting her to do something similar b/c I don't want everyone wearing it. I know, selfish.

Interested to see the line none the less.

This is very interesting.I can't wait to see this,I love her work!

i wish marc jacobs would do one. now THAT would be pandamonium!!!!!!!!

i think they should do tory burch since they're obviously doing a mix of domestic/foreign designers (which wasn't originally the point). i can see her stuff translating to the target crowd well...

erin featherston is a nice pick. light, young, flirty...i can definitely see it.

so have they run out of established designers that want to work with them?

^i would hardly call any of them 'established' at this juncture....maybe schouler but that doesn't sound right to me....

as far as erin,i feel a bit disappointed. i don't think her otherworldly faerie aesthetics and couture-like craftsmanship could translate into something commercial like this. it would diminish the spirit of her work,i think. besides,i think it's getting quite tedious this whole thing now. it's really become a banal machine.

^i would hardly call any of them 'established' at this juncture....maybe schouler but that doesn't sound right to me....

as far as erin,i feel a bit disappointed. i don't think her otherworldly faerie aesthetics and couture-like craftsmanship could translate into something commercial like this. it would diminish the spirit of her work,i think. besides,i think it's getting quite tedious this whole thing now. it's really become a banal machine.

I agree I don't see it translating well, but may be it will be good.

I hope it will be good..seems like everyone has high hopes for the dresses...

Here is the link to her website. I still feel that Target is no place to shop, at least not for me. Also, I don't think her work is very complimentary to a woman's body. Perhaps as her design sense matures, I will feel differently.

http://www.erinfetherston.com

Oh, You Pretty Things

Erin Fetherston is well on her way to becoming the number one go-to gal for pretty party frocks - Zooey Deschanel and Kirsten Dunst are fans, and she'll do a collection for Target come fall - so it makes perfect sense that the ethereal blonde launched her first-ever Holiday collection this month.

True to Fetherston's girly roots – plenty of sequins, satin rosettes and silk ribbon trims – her petite collection of party dresses is tailor made for the modern-day flapper. A short navy sequined sack dress with kimono sleeves and jewel toned rosettes had the kind of swingy shape that was equal parts elegant and kittenish, with a sumptuousness particularly appropriate to youth but not at all cloying.

"They're anti-fuss, but still totally fabulous," said Fetherston.

The themes of Fetherston's collections to date have skewed towards girls playing dress-up in fairytale-like scenarios – "Alice in Wonderland," Wendy in "Peter Pan" – but this collection shows evidence of the girls growing up a bit. Witness the new color palette, for one – heavy on jewel tones – and the silhouettes: Dresses that are drapey and sophisticated; others featuring curve-enhancing empire waists.

Fetherston's girls may still be social butterflies fluttering about the room, but at the end of the evening, they'll be drinking champagne at the grown-up's table.

fashionwiredaily.com - published 26 June 2007

Last edited by a moderator:

true, but I would say Luella is pretty established. Other than Luella and Proenza and the upcoming Temperly one, none of them are

This is interesting, she just established herself at the NY shows. I don't know how much of a draw this is going to bring to her and Target. I mean most of us don't know who she is yet.

Maybe Target is differentiating themselves from H&M by using lesser known, or more appropriately, smaller designer houses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->