Erin Wasson x RVCA S/S 10 New York

On another note, I think this collection is better than her last. Surely the runway presentation helps, but there was barely anything I would even want to wear in the last collection, while there are a few in this one. It's cool that she is doing a costume jewelry line with Mouawad too.. I'd love to see the whole collection when it goes on sale.

Hipsters are not buying this... rich, trendy girls are.... :innocent:

It's a lot better than I was expecting and that's saying something b/c my expectations were pretty low to begin with... still it is very unnecessary, sloppy, regressive, and overall lacks anything special or remotely interesting... this could all be bought at a thrift store or achieved with D.I.Y. projects...

Erin has got to be one of the most narcissistic characters floating around the fashion industry @ the moment... Her desire to create an army of Wasson androids is frightening albeit comical...

I will be happy when this trend dies...

It's funny you should mention her desire to create clones of her.. I remember an interview with her when she was styling for Wang when she said that the appeal of the brand is that the girl wearing it can bring out her personality, and that they are not going for a clone look. Completely false and ignorant, I thought, as they are most certainly producing a cloned look. It's not some girl's personality, its Wasson's, and and she seems to believe hers is what everything revolves around. Her shamelessly ripping off everyone proves that further, at least to me.

With that said, I do think she does have good taste, and being gorgeous certainly helps in branding yourself and selling to the girls who crave this look.

Who dictates what the 'real world' is exactly? A magazine? Business reports? Also, what is a 'real' consumer??

i mean the person who actually makes purchases with real money. not just a newspaper critic or a magazine editor. that's what i mean by a real consumer. for example, i'm a real consumer of band of outsider ties because i buy and wear them. i can admire and blog about the merits of lanvin ties all day long, but when it comes down to it, i buy band of outsiders'. that's what i mean. i repeat, people vote with their dollars -- it's sort of what fashion's night out wanted to promote -- so as much as we may want to say "this is in fashion and this is not," it's ultimately the people who decide with their dollars.

why rodarte? because the girl who can afford rodarte -- the traina girls, et al -- also buy brands like this for basics. that's why houses like rodarte are doing things with target. there's a market for it. erin wasson's neither the first or the last.

i feel it's repetitive, i like some looks.. but i feel like i can get them at topshop, heck even forever 21.

Please can someone post a closer look to the jewelry of the collection

^ yes I too am interested in the jewelry I would really like to see some close ups...

erin%20wasson%20does%20zac%20posen.jpg

Fashionista.com

^ wouldn't be the first time she's accused of it. correct me if i'm wrong but: fashionista reported a while back when she designed jewelry for the alexander wang collection that they were extremely similar to an independent/unknown designer who had been around for much longer

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the polka dot shirt but the rest? Meh. And did I see some cut off pyjama bottoms?

^ wouldn't be the first time she's accused of it. correct me if i'm wrong but: fashionista reported a while back when she designed jewelry for the alexander wang collection that they were extremely similar to an independent/unknown designer who had been around for much longer

Pretty much. :innocent:

The collection is ok. I like the colors. I'm still wanting her sideshow dress from the previous season. sigh. Can't get it anywhere.. 

Hideous, the clothes look like if there were taken from Salvation army or something.

bliss lau.. not that unknown.. there's a thread about it in the gossip section.

well as a whole I will say I think the collection needs much improving, but it is VERY Erin which is precisely what I think RVCA was aiming for when they hired her... and you may not enjoy the collection as a whole but there are some very interesting wearable pieces in it!

I for one am quite infatuated with the boots and one pair of shorts in particular and a few tops that I could see fitting into my wardrobe nicely. It's really not ALL bad!

Hi does anyone know where i can find a close up from the jewelry of this collection

i wonder if her copy of the skirt was intentional... i mean it looks exactly the same, but why would she be silly enough to copy designs twice?

i wonder if she'll loose some credibility because of this, or if she'll be able to bounce back?

It is sad fashion has evolved in such sad, mundane ways. Who needs to do heroin, looking at this garbage is enough to make me numb. Sickening, masturbatory rubbish.

i wonder if she'll loose some credibility because of this, or if she'll be able to bounce back?

when you consider rvca is lower on the retail totem pole than professional copycats bcbg, bebe, h +m, and others, i believe it's appreciated rather than decried. and if a zac skirt can get re-created so cheaply, it calls into question the value of the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->