Everything Braids - tricks, tips, and pics

not clearly braids, but i loved Jennifer's updo for the Hunger Games premiere

tlfan

Two questions:

Eagle eyed gals: I saw a photo, perhaps from the last year and a half, of a braid style that looked like the whole head was basket-weaved. I think it was from a runway show, not a magazine editorial, but i can't remember the source. I've scoured the net looking for it, but can't find it again. Help?
This one's for NYCers: I'm considering going to the braid bar at Bergdorf a few days before a coworker's wedding in the hamptons (it's a backyard wedding). has anyone been and can share their experience? do they have lookbooks so you can pick styles, or are you expected to show up with a photo?

No, not the mcqueen show... The photo I saw was an upstyle, it looked like the model had short enough hair that everything was tucked in the basketweave around her head.

i tried this one today!

it's really easy and it's very firm comparing to other braid hairstyles, so it can last longer.

Thanks for posting! I love the fifth one, any idea on how to make it?

^i'd say it's a waterfall braid, there are two versions to do it, i think in the picture it's the version from the first video, since it looks like the bottom sections are split and not completely dropped

Going to try it someday, thanks a ton for posting the videos :smile:

i love the look of this, i've never thought about knotting my hair before, but i might try this some time

Lately I've been obsessed with fishtail braid.:heart:

karinainfashionland.com

Thank you for posting the video in #356 Alvedansen!

I just tried it then, thinking it would be a complete and utter failure, but it was super easy and I absolutely love the result.

Until recently I was completely clueless about how to style my hair, the only updo I could do was just tie it up in a bun that was too tight and unflattering for my face, so instead I always wore it out. My hair is very thick and curly/wavy so this knotted style is perfect for me as it holds very well in the knots and the pins. It's also a lot easier than a French braid updo, which I still haven't quite mastered yet. I'm getting there though, with the help of this thread. My next attempt will be the figure 8 braid.

I'm so happy I can finally do something else with my hair! I went through a few of the girl's videos on her youtube channel and tried a few more simple updos/simple braided styles as well, I'm surprised how easy some of them are. This is great as I start work next year in the legal profession and I would feel more confident and it would be more professional if my hair was up away from my face so I'm very grateful for these new ideas!

^ I just watched that video and wow such a lovely updo. I'm going to try it tomorrow! I can't believe I've never thought to tie my hair into knots. It looks so easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->