False Eyelashes

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Golden_butterfly, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ That's awesome. It's very much worth the money if something looks fabulous on you. :)

And it could very well be the shape of your eyes, or how your lashes are. Some people have naturally long, slightly curled lashes, where I know mine aren't so long, and almost grow downward like... :unsure:

2. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

Golden or should I say audrey hepburn..because that was who I thought the eyes belonged to when I first saw the pictures..you look great ! :heart:

3. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

Golden Butterfly: the false eyelashes look great on you! ;)

4. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad

Thanks sofialuv and Hanne :flower:

5. Plastic'sWife

Plastic'sWife New Member

I think false lashes are the most glam thing there is! I simply love them...

6. Erin

^ I love them. I find that I wear them pretty darn often now. Easiest way to spice up my face/look without having to add a whole lot of makeup (for day-wear).

I use the cheapie stuff - Ardel - and it's fine. Pretty natural-looking, but a lot better if a lot of mascara is applied for my nights out on the town.

What would I do without false eyelashes? I wish I would have discovered them earlier...

7. cardboardboxed

cardboardboxed New Member

I love ardell too. They have longer ones that aren't so natural looking.. nefinitely looks like fake lashes, but not TOO fake (like nothing huge and up to the brows!) I don't wea fake lashes too often because I think it's a bit over the top for class, bu i do love them!!

8. Erin

^ They're perfect for that hint of glamour. :)

I find myself wearing them pretty day-to-day... you can't tell they're false, actually, on me... just looks like I have long lashes. :heart: They're my current obsession!

9. renferme

renferme New Member

I've always used Copydex. A drag queen reccommended it to me! :lol:

10. cardboardboxed

See, with me I am just a ver over te top person when it comes to makeup. I see no point in wearing natural looking false lashes... I figure tat if it's going to be fake, it better be extravagant!!

11. Gleam

Gleam Member

I have never been able to keep false eyelashes on all night... they always fall off!

12. Erin

^ Maybe you're not using enough glue? If the white stuff isn't working, I'd recommend trying the clear glue/adhesive...

13. Cherries&Berries

Cherries&Berries New Member

I love faux lashes but like someone else said I don't wear them on a regular basis either...I hate the ones that are all one length no lashes are one length

I first experince with the cheaper versions to see if I would really like em, they are cool

14. Josephine

Josephine New Member

i love the look of false eyelashes with liquid eyeliner :rolleyes:

15. Cherries&Berries

Cherries&Berries New Member

16. Gleam

Gleam Member

I am using the clear stuff. I use the cheapie individual lashes from the drugstore... I feel like the tip is so small I can't get enough glue to keep them on! Maybe I should upgrade to some nicer lashes or better glue? :unsure:

17. Erin

Actually, that's why eyeliner was first invented... to darken the line between your real lashes and false lashes. :flower: Of course, today, liquid liner is much more... versatile...

18. oona

oona New Member

Can anyone recommend a truly natural-looking false eyelash for someone w/out lashes at all? Should i go for black or light brown for my asian friend? I was thinking light brown, so it would really look faint and as natural as possible, while being able to control the darkness of the lashes by going with a dark brown mascara or black. I'm just not sure. Anyone else having a similar problem?

19. cardboardboxed

You should go with whatever her natural haircolor is, so probably black. Brown'll look too mousey, I think. Ardell makes good lashes, and you can get them at any drugstore. Don't get anything too long. Maybe get individual lashes if you wnt a really subtle look.

20. Erin

^ Yeah, definitely don't go lighter than your natural hair color.. and Ardell is money... I really prefer applying the individual lashes, that way I don't have to worry about the whole string coming off.