False Eyelashes

satsuma said:
^^ What about Shu Uemura's Adhesive stuff?

Also, does anyone know how to get the slanted eyelash look? (Utada Hikaru pulls it off) Do you just trim the false eyelashes towards the edge, or do you buy slanted lashes? The slanted lashes from MAC look too outrageous and the ones from Uemura are blue and red... Any in black, perhaps?

Just wondering.

You mean the half lash? Try some individual ones and just stick them on the outer half of your eye. Or find some more natural looking ones and cut them in half.

I think Shu Umera has great ones. Its called the "cat eye" look, very bridget bardot

Just found "Makeup Forever's" line of eyelashes in sephora. They come with their own professional glue. I'm totally into the lush eyelash look but I'm debating whether I should get these or the MAC eyelashes that are really full.

I wear fake eyelashes regularly. Once you get the hang of applying them they are really quick and easy. I actually find it faster to put fakes on than to apply mascara. But if I have the time I usually use both. I have tried mac and ardell eyelashes. They look nice at first but they don't last long. You can't get the human hair ones wet because they lose their shape and kinda frizz, so if your eye waters then it kinda sucks. (at least thats how I have found them.) Actually my favorite ones are by N.Y.C ($1.99) I can't find a pic of them but each eyelash is cut in half. You can use them just on the outer corner of your eye for a more natural look or you can use both for a more dramatic look. They last a pretty long time too. I only use halves on the outer edges and then I apply one coat of mascara to blend them with my actual eyelashes. They look really natural without makeup too but this is the only pic I have of them right now.
eyelashes.jpg

If you have trouble applying them or don't like how they feel. I would recommend getting eyelash extensions at a salon. They fuse individual eyelashes to your own. They look completely natural because they are glued to your lashes not your eyelid. The extensions cost about $20 depending on where you go and last up to a month or more depending on how you take care of them.

^ hautekitty, that looks EXCELLENT. Gorgeous. And you have pretty green eyes. :heart:

Hautekitty that looks perfect^_^ . I wear fake eyelashes regularly too, but i never thought of that look. I will definately try it. looks divine:heart: .

Is that your eye? GORGEOUS!:rolleyes:

I just bought this hot ones from Shu Umera, I really don't know how they look
s60314538.jpg

shoexgal said:
I just bought this hot ones from Shu Umera, I really don't know how they look
s60314538.jpg

i really love them. i think they look great on u. what ones r those exactly? and do u have any frontal pictures?

I don't have any frontal pics. Let me try and get back, its so hard to get a clear up close shot with my camera for some reason. These are the Shu Umera style #79

I think i'm going to invest in some for a big party coming up soon...I'm going to make my eyes the statement of my whole look, and false eyelashes are just what I need. How much can you re-use ones from either MAC or Shu Uemura?

I've used my MAC ones several times with no issues and they are still holding their shape perfectly. I'm thinking about getting eyelash extensions (even though I already have very long lashes) but i'm a bit unsure. hautekitty I'm so impressed!

Thanks for your responses Meg and Erin....I guess I'll see how it goes, how they hold up on the night!

Oh thanks shoexgal! I was just about to ask how to get full on vegas girl type lashes. Are they the ones named Luxe because I can't find the number on their site?

i want to get these, but i hope they will last longer than just a single time..

SiennaInLondon said:
Oh thanks shoexgal! I was just about to ask how to get full on vegas girl type lashes. Are they the ones named Luxe because I can't find the number on their site?

u can just find them on the site, right here

I personally feel that they are heavy. I have a pair of MAC ones I really like Better the #4's. If I ever go run off and become a showgirl in vegas, I will get eyelash extensions..There is a place in Orange County and San Diego that has had a lot of press for that. Here is their website. www.beehivewaxing.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->