Famous Fashion Designers and their school?

im pretty sure donna karen went to fit and so did calvin klein...i also thought that ford went to some tech school in texas for a while, no?

Issey Myiake studied graphic design at Tama Art University in Tokyo.

^ now i find that interesting.... which designers never actually studied FASHION? i know rei kawakubo never did....

Kati Stern (Venexiana) Parson's and F.I.T
She went to school with Betsey Johnson at some point

Didn't Galliano say St. Martins was a waste of time.. or was that McQueen.. it was one of them.

And LMAO to that Donatella picture :lol: :lol:

^ it was alexander mcqueen. i believe he said he hung out in the student bar most of the time...

also st martins....some have suffered the harsh realities of london

Kim Jones

Lutz

Riccardo Tisci

Ann-Sofie Back

Ebru Ercon

Jens Laugesen

Patrik Soderstam

Richard Nicoll

Alistair Carr

Marjan Pejoski

Andrew GN

Warren Noronha

Emma Cook

Aimee McWilliams

Zac Posen

Russell Sage

Bora Aksu

Peter Jensen

Marios Schwab

Andrew Groves

Anthony Symonds

Michelle Lowe-Holder

Giles

Blaak

Jonathan Saunders

Sharon Wauchob

Frank Leder

Copperwheat Blundell

Joe Casely-Hayford

Roksanda Ilincic

Marcus Constable

Rafael Lopez

Erika Trotzig

Tata Naka

another saint martins - tao kurihara for tao comme des garcons

mishahoi said:
^ now i find that interesting.... which designers never actually studied FASHION? i know rei kawakubo never did....

Issey actually did study fashion. He studied under Givenchy via the La Chambre Syndicale. He later trained under Geoffery Beene before starting his own line.

Mutterlein said:
Issey actually did study fashion. He studied under Givenchy via the La Chambre Syndicale. He later trained under Geoffery Beene before starting his own line.

i didnt know he was trained at Beene, excellent choice for intern from Miyake's side, Beene by himself was a real school in fashion design :heart:

Lena said:
i didnt know he was trained at Beene, excellent choice for intern from Miyake's side, Beene by himself was a real school in fashion design :heart:

It was actually Beene who made him realized how important humanism was to fashion and motivated him to start his own RTW label.

does anyone know if Hedi Slimane attended a fashion school? and if he did, what school? thanx

he did art history at a paris art school then went into internship in the industry

the correct list for the usa schools

fidm- monique lhuillier
parsons-
grads: anna sui, marc jacobs, proenza scheuler
night classes at parsons or summer classes or drop out: zac posen, donna karan, dsquared

fit-
calvin, kors, carolina herrera (night classes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->