Famous Fashion Designers and their school?

adding Sophia Kokosalaki at the StMartin's list :wink:

ultramarine said:
So McQueen and Galliano are not famous?

I'm intrigued ....

If you'd like to know where certain designers go, you just may place a list ... in here I know that people can tell ...

PS The Donatella pic on the car .. is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen ... and I've posted in this forum FOR YEARS!

oh, no no no, of course they're famous, they are one of my most favorite designers

haha i just wanted to know if there were more people :P

sorry about the mis-stating (is that even a word? :P)

---

and the parsons, you guys are talking about, is the one in paris right? or is it the same? ;x lol

Last edited by a moderator:
julius7 said:
oh, no no no, of course they're famous, they are one of my most favorite designers

haha i just wanted to know if there were more people :P

sorry about the mis-stating (is that even a word? :P)

---

and the parsons, you guys are talking about, is the one in paris right? or is it the same? ;x lol

same school but two different locations. One in paris and one in new york. New York is the main campus.

yohji yamamoto
kenzo
junko koshino
jun takahashi (undercover)
nigo (BAPE)

and a bunch of others all graduated from Bunka Fashion College in tokyo...:flower:

Updating the Central Saint Martins list:

Luella Bartley
Antonio Berardi
Basso and Brooke
Robert Cary Williams
Hussein Chalayan
John Galliano
Bill Gibb
Katherine Hamnett
Stephen Jones
Sophia Kokosalaki
Stella McCartney
Alexander McQueen
Jessica Ogden
Bruce Oldfield
Rifat Ozbek
Phoebe Philo
Clements Ribeiro
Sinah-Stanic
Tristan Webber
Matthew Williamson

:flower:

With the CSM, arn't most of them MA graduates who studied elsewhere for a BA - in which case, shouldn't that college also get a mention?

VICTIM said:
Updating the Central Saint Martins list:

Maria Chen Pascual went as well..Cant think of anybody else that wasnt previously listed...

Proenza Schouler- the boys went to Parsons
Michael Kors- F.I.T.
Betsey Johnson- Pratt Institute
I know there's a lot more too.

Do you go to fidm julius7? A good friend of mine goes there, it's such a small school, you might know her.

Meg said:
I thought donna karan went to RISD (is that what it's called? i can't remember the correct acronym).....if not....several well known designers went there....

No, Donna Karan went to Parsons..or was it FIT? Either way, it was one of those NYC schools (the more I think about it, the more I wanna say FIT)...Tess Giberson went to RISD, but I dont know who else went there.

TrophyBrown said:
Maria Chen Pascual went as well..Cant think of anybody else that wasnt previously listed...

i read she went to parsons she isnt in the alumni list in the back of the central st martins prospectus

VICTIM said:
i read she went to parsons she isnt in the alumni list in the back of the central st martins prospectus

She started @ Parsons, then continued on for an MA @ CSM, followed by the Royal College of Art...Hmmm, now Im wondering if there's a thread here on her..

John Galliano did his BA in london city university if im not mistaken
Dolce&Gabbana went to Marangoni

mishahoi said:
yohji yamamoto
kenzo
junko koshino
jun takahashi (undercover)
nigo (BAPE)

and a bunch of others all graduated from Bunka Fashion College in tokyo...:flower:

Junya Watanabe to

TrophyBrown said:
No, Donna Karan went to Parsons..or was it FIT? Either way, it was one of those NYC schools (the more I think about it, the more I wanna say FIT)...Tess Giberson went to RISD, but I dont know who else went there.

Jessica Ogden also attended RISD before heading to London for her MA.

To add to the Parsons list...Susan Cianciolo and Daphne Guiterrez & Nicole Noselli of the label Bruce.

And Shelley Fox & Emma Cook are other designer's to add to the list of CSM alums.

Zowie Broach and Brian Kirby of Boudicca went to Middlesex Polytechnic.

Not sure where Thea Bregazzi and Justin Thornton attended. I don't think they went to CSM?

Other Antwerp Grads:
Jurgi Persoons
Veronique Branquinho
Bernhard Willhelm
An Vandevorst + Filip Arickx(A.F. Vandevorst)
Lieve Van Gorp
Bruno Pieters

TheFLUFFER said:
John Galliano did his BA in london city university if im not mistaken
Dolce&Gabbana went to Marangoni

i think he did his foundation there, i dont think he did MA :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies