Famous Fashion Designers and their school?

donna went to parsons~
everyone in my school knows it!~

The list from Studio Bercot...
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, sans-serif]Martine Sitbon, Capucine Puerari, Lolita Lempicka, Stella Cadente, Corinne Cobson, Marion Lesage, Isabelle Ballu, Isabelle Marant, Moritz Rogowsky, Véronique Leroy, Olivier Guillemin, Gaspard Yurkievich, Laurent Mercier, Erotokritos , Dorothée Perret, Delphine-Charlotte Parmentier, Karine Arabian, Nicole Fahri, Benoît Missolin, Julie Skarland, Yazbukey[/FONT]

i should also include as bunka alumni:

limi feu
hiroko koshino
yuko murata (io yokomura"ta)
masayo mizuhara (multiple marmalade)
tetsuya yamamoto (potto)
hisayo hidaka/ hideaki miyahara (Scye)
junichi abe (Kolor)
akira minagawa (mina perhonen)
yosuke takeyama (mint designs)
toshikazu iwaya (dress camp)

etc.... :flower:

does anyone know if nicholas ghesquiere went to a school? if he did, where?
what about alber elbaz? such geniuses... :D

If they didn't go to art school to do fashion, how did they learn to cut and drape? I mean McQueen was so good because he did his time on Saville Row -did any of the others have similar experience. Or is it a case of drawing the design and having others making it up for you? That can't mean the best cut designs surely?

SiennaInLondon said:
If they didn't go to art school to do fashion, how did they learn to cut and drape? I mean McQueen was so good because he did his time on Saville Row -did any of the others have similar experience. Or is it a case of drawing the design and having others making it up for you? That can't mean the best cut designs surely?
It depends on what else was there if they didn't go through any formal education...as Scott pointed out earlier: Theyskens' granny was rather instrumental to his designs. For Raf Simons, who trained in industrial design, it was Linda Loppa (head of the fashion department at the Royal Academy of Art in Antwerp) who encouraged him to go and learn about fashion with her father who was a tailor - obviously one who knew about sharp cuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
^indeed!

Not to mention: with regard to tailoring,there are also the people behind the designer's(if they don't this themselves)called pattern designers who are really the one's who create the amazing cuts just by that certain designer's description of what they want. Elke Hoste is the mysterious woman behind most all the brilliant Belgians(Walter,Vandevorst,Persoons,Van Saene,Van Noten) who makes their precise cuts in pattern. It is ultimately the amazing usage of the scissors,of course,but patterns are largely responsible for certain cutting techniques you find yourself salivating over.

(nice to see you back,btw,skeeter :wink: )

mishahoi said:
^ now i find that interesting.... which designers never actually studied FASHION? i know rei kawakubo never did....
I think this would make an amazing thread. I am going to start one.

Scott said:
^indeed!

Not to mention: with regard to tailoring,there are also the people behind the designer's(if they don't this themselves)called pattern designers who are really the one's who create the amazing cuts just by that certain designer's description of what they want. Elke Hoste is the mysterious woman behind most all the brilliant Belgians(Walter,Vandevorst,Persoons,Van Saene,Van Noten) who makes their precise cuts in pattern. It is ultimately the amazing usage of the scissors,of course,but patterns are largely responsible for certain cutting techniques you find yourself salivating over.

(nice to see you back,btw,skeeter :wink: )

You are *so* good with the Belgians Scott :P. You gotta know quite a bit about the Antwerpians to know Elke Hoste! Freak! :flower:

How much do you know about Studio Bercot?? I'd love to know more about the school.

Nicole Miller also went to RISD as well as Laura Poretzky (?) who created her line called Abaete

Parsons:

Tracy Reese
Derek Lam

RISD:

1/2 of the original Cloak team (forget his name, but he has his own line now)

alber elbaz went to shenker college of textile and fashion.lol.i think it's in Israel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->