Fashion Designers & Home Interiors

runner

Reaction score
some fashion designers have actually worked on pieces of furniture.
It's interesting to see common points or differences between their interior design and fashion.

Here is furniture as canvas. What Ann Demeulemeester, the fashion designer, has done is to take a simple wooden table and stretch canvas around it. The canvas is white. There are nails about every 1-1/2". But, because it is an actual artists' canvas, you can paint any design or color on it you like.

Ann Demeulemeester: "This table has the virginity of a an unpainted canvas. I wanted to return to the essential shape of a table, like a child would draw it."

Attachments

• ann5.jpg
    ann5.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann Demeulemeester "table blanche"

Attachments

• ann7.jpg
    ann7.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 64
Why not get your work done whilst lying down, or standing up?
Within the context of "New Ways of Working", not an unusual suggestion by any standard. The boundaries between work and leisure, labour and recreation, work and fun are increasingly fading ...

Bikkembergs take on these changing work situations goes by the name of "MAT": a 2x1 metre gym mat, which can be implemented in a highly flexible and mobile manner in every conceivable type of situation. Its range of applications is not merely limited to just "lying down" alone however.

"MAT" can also be used as a soft floorcover, as a piece of seating furniture, a standing table, as a wall to lean against, or simply as a gym mat ...

Attachments

• dirk2.jpg
    dirk2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 40
Dirk Bikkembergs "Mat"

Attachments

• dirk.jpg
    dirk.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 26
Domeau & Peres by Milan Vukmirovic

Attachments

• milan5.jpg
    milan5.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 37
Originally posted by runner@Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:22 am
Dirk Bikkembergs "Mat"
i remember seeing this ... :P

i love this thread!!!...i need a couch...what should i get...?

don't want to spend like crazy...would rather buy cheaper couch and have more for clothes...

i know i know...it's a sickness...clothes clothes clothes... :ninja: ...what can i say?...

Originally posted by runner@Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:09 am
Ann Demeulemeester "table blanche"
I love that table, and I've entertained the idea of having it in my apartment for several years now. I saw it in the Ann Dem boutique in Antwerp. I should've asked if it's actually for sale. I highly doubt that it's for sale anywhere in the US...

Originally posted by runner@Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:29 am
This looks REALLY similar to a sofa in the Palau Guell in Barcelona.

The sofa in the Palau Guell was by Antoni Gaudi...which ties in with what was said about branches of design..

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:26 pm
holy crap faust... :o

that is AMAZING!!!... :heart: :flower:
Thanks! Amazing and CHEAP :lol:

So, I found out how much the Ann Dem table costs. $1000 :shock:
What if I write to Ann and offer her $300? :lol:

this table might also disappoint softgrey, though...

Bernhard Willhelm performs the polka (dot, that is) on his new Willhelm Table. Commissioned by the London-based e15 collection, the heavy raw oak table?originally designed by e15's founder, Philipp Mainzer?has been screen-printed with a dot pattern from the increasingly eccentric designer's fall collection, making him the latest visualist to collaborate with e15 since artist-photographer Mark Borthwick last year. The Willhelm Table is available in a limited edition of fifty, signed and numbered, for euro 5000 ($6000). -LC

Attachments

• bw.jpg
    bw.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 33
Paul Smith for Cappellini

Attachments

• ps2.jpg
    ps2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 53
Originally posted by runner@Jun 15th, 2004 - 1:01 am
this table might also disappoint softgrey, though...

Bernhard Willhelm performs the polka (dot, that is) on his new Willhelm Table. Commissioned by the London-based e15 collection, the heavy raw oak table?originally designed by e15's founder, Philipp Mainzer?has been screen-printed with a dot pattern from the increasingly eccentric designer's fall collection, making him the latest visualist to collaborate with e15 since artist-photographer Mark Borthwick last year. The Willhelm Table is available in a limited edition of fifty, signed and numbered, for euro 5000 ($6000). -LC
:( ...you said it runner...i call that styling...not designing... :rolleyes:

i like the description of wilhelm..."increasing eccentric"...how appropriate... :innocent:

Originally posted by Pradaromance12+Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:31 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pradaromance12 @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:31 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-runner@Jun 14th, 2004 - 1:29 am
love that :heart: [/b][/quote]
Pradaromance, here is the other piece for Domeau & Peres by Milan Vukmirovic.

Attachments

• mv.jpg
    mv.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 40
Collection of pieces for the home by fashion designers...

First up RUGS ...

Vivienne Westwood
"VW Flag"
vwflag-viviennewestwood.jpg

Paul Smith
"Swirl"
paulsmithswirl.jpg

Marni
"Anenome Cocoa"
marni-anenomecocoa.jpg

"Elementi"

MARNIelementi.jpg

http://kostasvoyatzis.wordpress.com

Nice thread, gius! ^_^ I like the second Marni rug (and that fireplace!). :woot:

MissoniHome 2007 Collection

- Art Rugs
'Fleury'
08-fleury.jpg

'Tropical'
09-tropical.jpg

- Velour Rugs
'Esmeraldas'
03-esmeraldas.jpg

'Luxor'
11-luxor.jpg

missonihome

Those are lovely, Titania.. so colourful!

:PThe thread was brought about by a bunch of the mods
So thanks very much to them and to softgrey for the title :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for starting this thread and moving over the posts gius!...
:flower:...

the rugs really show the designer behind them...
i guess rugs are often easier for some designers since it's still textiles...
bedding is probably somewhat like that as well...i assume...

i still remember how disappointed i was when i saw the ann demeulemeester table...
so.....nothing....:ermm:...

i love the second marni rug!! probably because i recognize the print :P

thanks gius :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->