Fashion Tragedies / Damage Control

I have asked the cleaners to block things before with some success. Probably you can find more info online ... I think it involves forming and stretching something while wet and allowing it to dry that way.

yeah- stretching it while it's wet is the only way i know of...
even try wearing it while it's still damp...
but it will probably never really go all the way back...

so-
i left a hat in the back of a cab...
:ninja:...

the driver says he found it and will bring it by when he's in the area...
*fingers crossed...*
:angel:

still trying to get the hat back from the car company...
:doh:...

^They don't have a pick up spot? In my country, all lost and found items are supposed to be handed over to the police. Not that they are oc...

they said they are going to mail it to me...
:innocent:...

but they have to get it from the driver first who seems to be a bit of a nutter...

:shock:

OMG- 4 weeks later and we have a happy ending...
fedex just delivered my hat to me!

yattah!!!

:clap:...

*it was worth it!...
now i will wear...
:heart:

hahaha...
neither was i...
but i just refused to give up and i never even got nasty on them...
i was just really really nice and really really persistent...

:innocent:...

Glad to hear your hat returned softgrey!

I've been able to get my cardigan back to it's normal shape (or at least very close)! :woot:

I read somewhere to soak it in cold water with baby hair conditioner. The conditioner should soften up the fibers making it easier to stretch. And it worked! I had to be careful to stretch it evenly, one sleeve shorter that the other isn't a look I am aiming for. But I'm so happy my cardigan is alive again, I didn't realize how much I wore it until I wasn't able to.

baby conditioner?
didn't even know there was such a thing...
i had heard of washing sweaters with baby shampoo though...
makes sense...

glad we both had a happy ending...
:flower:

haha....
so- i did it again...
went to karaoke and left behind an agnes b beret...
:doh:...

got it back though...
^_^

so- my melissa platform sandals ripped!
the plastic tore...
:cry:

haven't been able to find a way to fix them and even asked at the store, but they said it's not possible and offered me 50% off another pair from this season...
so- ok-
i got a pair of Melissa by Viv Westwood...
but it's not even close to the same style...

:ermm:...

now i don't have a good pair of flatform sandals anymore...
:(

I have this pair of wedges that I absolutely love and had gotten back to wearing again. I've had them for ten years now, and haven't worn them a lot, but enough so that I had to replace their original buckles meanwhile.

Soooo... the other day I wore them because I thought they would look great with my new Love Moschino skirt (which they did!) but one of the ankle straps tore :( I will go to a cobbler to see if they can do some inner reinforcement or something, as I really do like these shoes!

26fcc9e12f2fb06af5b86b3e2d72c7d4.jpg

my pic

how did it go?
was the cobbler able to do anything?
i agree...nice shoes!
good luck!

i have this E6000 glue...

have been really bummed about my melissa flatforms tearing...
couldn't bear to chuck them, so i tucked them on a top shelf...
just remembered this glue- might be able to repair a tear in rubber?
so am giving it another go...

fingers crossed...
:innocent:

*they have them on yoox again-
but i know they will just tear again, so i can't justify buying a new pair, since it's just a defective design...
:(

how did it go?
was the cobbler able to do anything?
i agree...nice shoes!
good luck!
I am terrible and life has been hectic and I only took them to the cobbler like three weeks ago! He replaced the bit that ties the back to the buckle (I can't really explain?) with a stronger leather on both shoes... still didn't get the chance to wear them but I really want to!

that sounds promising!

i haven't worn the flatforms yet- but it looks like the glue might work...
:woot:...

i also repaired three hair ties yesterday...
i put new elastic in them...
*on of them is just two wood spheres but it's very special to me as it was a gift to me from my parents when they went to holland...
i was too young to go with them at the time...
it's been a treasured item ever since...
*i replaced the white elastic with black and it actually looks much better now!

:heart:

So I just bought some Porselli flats and it would seem while trying to break them in (they were ever so slightly tight in the toe area) there has developed a teeny tiny rip in the seams. I've worn them a total of maybe 12 hours over the course of the week. They are indeed delicate. The funny thing is I don't even care right now...

The top near where the ribbon ties. And it's not like my feet were too big - they weren't too small they were just snug and needed to conform to my foot like all leather shoes do. I can still wear them and probably have them fixed but I'm put off from buying another pair now. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->