Frida Giannini - Designer

That "garbage" is selling better than Frida's ever did ... :innocent:

Frida more than doubled Tom's numbers in Gucci. Not a fan of Frida, but it's true.

If Tom comes back to Gucci I'll be done with fashion. He can't even show a decent collection for his own tiny brand, how could he direct a megabrand like Gucci? It's impossible.

And yes, he did great things in the past, but his time as a relevant designer is loooong gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frida more than doubled Tom's numbers in Gucci. Not a fan of Frida, but it's true.

If Tom comes back to Gucci I'll be done with fashion. He can't even show a decent collection for his own tiny brand, how could he direct a megabrand like Gucci? It's impossible.

And yes, he did great things in the past, but his time as a relevant designer is loooong gone.

Tom Ford turned Gucci around and at the time of his exit, the brand was extremely strong and relevant. Frida is leaving the house with it being at a low point. Gucci is no longer covetable. The image is boring and stale. For Tom's own brand, it is covetable and relevant to the time now. People do not mind paying money for things they can keep for years and it not go out of fashion. Everytime I have shopped at his boutique in NYC, it's busy with other people buying things, too. Who is the Gucci client today ? No one knows ! Frida didn't even know with the way she kept changing aesthetics.

I am not saying they should hire Tom Ford back at Gucci, but I am saying it would not be the worst thing to happen to the brand.

Tom Ford Denies Gucci Comeback Rumors

Page Six, which broke the news of Frida Giannini’s Gucci exit last month, had another new tidbit about the Italian house this morning. Today’s story named Tom Ford as a potential successor to Giannini, who left the company this week, a month ahead of the original plan. Ford, of course, is the man who turned around Gucci in the ’90s, and in the process, set a template of sorts for heritage brand revivals. Would he return to the label where he first found fame? It seems unlikely now that he has his own company to run and a career in Hollywood to manage. Gucci had no official comment, but a spokesman for Ford categorically denied the story, telling Style.com there’s no truth to it.
style

Marc you seem to be over the moon hearing this :D

No big deal! But can they finally reveal who IS it? Gosh.

I think it was a silly rumor to begin with. Given how big Tom Ford's ego is, why would he go back to a label that basically kicked him out in the way they're kicking Frida out? Plus, I'm sure he's more than happy to be calling all the shots at his own label--in spite of how dated and tacky the designs are.

My advice would be to take 5 minutes and read his wikipedia page and summarise what Tom did at Gucci, not creatively but as a business and then I'd advise you to visit your nearest department store and see the presence of Tom Ford as a brand, his categories are felt everywhere from Beauty to Accessories to Ready to wear.

As much i love Tom Ford, i never though (and i'm happy) that he would ever came back at Gucci.
I mean, he is great at his own brand and who will want to go back at that position.
I don't think Nicolas G, Raf S or Stefano will ever want to go back at their old brands..

The valentino lady? Isn't one old stuck in a rut Italian label enough? Now we have to have two? (Well actually 3)

wait, whaaaat?:shock: they're gonna split the couple? one is staying at valentino and the other goes at gucci ?:blink:

yep, thats what ive been told

we should all quickly buy gucci stocks because i feel the shareholders will love this

Maria Grazia Chiuri!? OMD Things will turn even more boring, lacklustre and conservative then.

it's the woman from valentino

If this is true, fashion is officially over.

Two of the biggest Italian houses, Gucci and Valentino, headed by accessories designers.
The same dress, every season, but with good shoes and bags.
This is what aspiring fashion designers have to look up to.

Fashion is out of fashion.

If this is true, fashion is officially over.

Two of the biggest Italian houses, Gucci and Valentino, headed by accessories designers.
The same dress, every season, but with good shoes and bags.
This is what aspiring fashion designers have to look up to.

Fashion is out of fashion.

Perhaps you and I view their work different but Pierpaolo and Maria Grazia have proven themselves to be some of the more capable ready-to-wear and couture designers out there. Who cares if their background is accessories, they've proved their talent time and time again.

And FYI, Gucci is first and foremost an accessories house.

Perhaps you and I view their work different but Pierpaolo and Maria Grazia have proven themselves to be some of the more capable ready-to-wear and couture designers out there. Who cares if their background is accessories, they've proved their talent time and time again.

And FYI, Gucci is first and foremost an accessories house.

I don't see how embellishing the same dress in different ways makes them "talented" fashion designers at all.
Think the creative director designs the embroidery? I might have an ounce of respect for them if they did.

And as for Gucci, who isn't "first and foremost" an accessories house today? Think Sarah Burton sells hundreds of those ghastly Elizabethan blancmanges? No she sells skull scarves and handbags, and this is why fashion is suffering a violent death.

I don't see how embellishing the same dress in different ways makes them "talented" fashion designers at all.
Think the creative director designs the embroidery? I might have an ounce of respect for them if they did.

And as for Gucci, who isn't "first and foremost" an accessories house today? Think Sarah Burton sells hundreds of those ghastly Elizabethan blancmanges? No she sells skull scarves and handbags, and this is why fashion is suffering a violent death.

Really, historically it was a leather goods house like Vuitton or Hermes. Look it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->