Fur Capes,shawls, Vests...

Jaim45

Reaction score
How can I pull this off w/o looking to overdone? I want to get a faux fur cape and maybe wear it w/ jeans. Yay or nay?
I'll post a pic...

e6_1.JPG

4e_1_b.JPG

I like the first one-very cool :flower: The second one is a bit frumpy imho.

Yeah I love the first one too. You can wear those glittery capelets over tops with jeans like Drew Barrimore wore to VMAs.

I like the second one better, it looks amazing on... So classic 50's

the first one could look good with a sweater underneath, but risks looking urban, but if you like that look, then go for it.

the first one can totally add spunk to the average jeans and turtleneck outfit this winter. the second one takes a bit more effort to not look like it's overwhelming the outfit. to play into that whole ladylike thing that's going on, i'd get a lot of brooches and pair the cape with something unstructured and (perhaps?) frilly. i'd definitely do a skirt of something, it's just going to be difficult to not look like you're wearing a costume. also it would look perfect with an evening gown in a complimentary color

i like both but the second one you could probably take it somewhere and have them cut it and make it look more modern. But that's if you want to change the look of it.

Love the second one, Jaim45! :flower:

And stylegurrl, really liking the second and third you posted!

I like the second one best, especially with a pencil skirt. Deadly.

Originally posted by Jaim45@Aug 30 2004, 08:20 AM
e6_1.JPG

4e_1_b.JPG

[snapback]350156[/snapback]​

The first one I would wear it with either a chunky cable turtleneck, cropped jeans or cropped pants, boots (Avoid uggs) either cowboys or a preety sleek style, OR, you can wear it with a skinny black turtleneck, skinny cigarette jeans or pants, cute pumps or boots :heart: ..you can wear that also, with a cute simple dress, and tie it up with a complimentary color bold silk ribbon, or black leather if u wish to stay up to date, a la Gucci.

With the second one, I would wear ot with a dress and I would not wear it like it's supposed to be worn, I would throw it on my shoulders, and one of the big lapels that hang would go across my chest, and held with a cute pin. Or I would do the same with jeans and a shirt...there's so much you can do with those :heart:

From the NYT:

Fashion Rx

By KATE JACOBS

Published: August 29, 2004

The problem: How do you remodel your Aunt Bella's mink stole so that it doesn't look as if you're going to a bar mitzvah? The solution: You take it to a stylish furrier, like Nick Pologeorgis, for a little nip and tuck. Kate Jacobs shares his tricks of the trade.

This goat piece, $65 at a Park Slope thrift shop, already had a tapered form, but needed major reductive surgery to update its look. Nick Pologeorgis reworked the upper half into a stylish shrug. That kind of tailoring doesn't come cheap, though. It starts at $1,500, depending on the type of the fur.

Pologeorgis gave what he calls ''the Louis Vuitton look'' to this 1950's mink found at the 26th Street flea market in Chelsea for $150. The cape was deftly reworked to use the fur's natural striped pattern. It now closes in the style of a capelet, with four hidden clasps sewn into the lining. Starting at $1,500.

Since this muskrat stole, another $150 flea-market find, was in good condition to begin with, Pologeorgis simply shortened the piece and added a deep-red satin ribbon, which may be tied in front or wrapped around the waist. (And enough material was left over from the original to make another scarf.) Starting at $400. Call (212) 563-2250.

29WFASH.583.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->