Fur Capes,shawls, Vests...

Okay, I'm definitely in the wrong place! I reworked a ton of vintage furs (purchased for less than $20 each) last year for the store and nobody would touch them. They were awesome. My friends were terribly excited when they became gifts at the end of the season....

As for your question. I'd go with both. The first one is very casual even though I could definitely see it worn with a dress for an edgier look. The second is V glam and would work well for dressier occasions, but I could definitely see it with a simple top and jeans with a belt/ribbon wrapped around the outside. Ale's way would be super HOT too.

Here's Galliano F/W 03/04 with the second one:
for evening:
[attachmentid=25134]

for the boudior:
[attachmentid=25135]

I actually found one of these in a thrift next to my bagel shop for $45!!!

And Miu Miu:
[attachmentid=25136]

slightly diff version, but you get the idea:
[attachmentid=25137]

While we're on the subject of furs...

I got a vintage fox fur shoulder wrap, and it's just a small thing, more like a collar really. It doesn't wrap all the way around my shoulders but isn't tight on my neck either. It sort of sits on my collar bones.

What is the best neckline to wear with this? V necks do not work and I feel like a boatneck only looks okay if it doesn't allow skin to show between the neckline and the fur.

So would a jewel neckline be my only option?

^I think that is meant to be worn on the edges of a cardigan, or on a crewneck sweater with a coat (see this month's Elle)

i want a fur shrug...but i can't find one that's reasonable...and doesn't look crap...
i refuse to buy new fur...there is too much out there secondhand...

^^ look on ebay, there are a bunch of them in all different styles

i have a silver fox (??) stole......its very big and bushy, makes me sneeze sometimes :lol:

I bought a vintage fox shrug a few weeks back...

$1 buck. My wallet is still aching.

first one with a tight turtle neck sweater, maybe a dark mauve color...with tight dark jeans and i little chain around the waist ...awesome i love it! :wink:

I like the second one and styles similar. not so big on the vest in that particular style... that was a trend a year or two ago amongst the preppy set. Reminds me of sorority girls, but I'm sure it could be done creatively.
Originally posted by purechris
Okay, I'm definitely in the wrong place! I reworked a ton of vintage furs (purchased for less than $20 each) last year for the store and nobody would touch them. They were awesome. My friends were terribly excited when they became gifts at the end of the season....
wish I would have seen those :crush:

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Sep 2 2004, 12:11 AM
I bought a vintage fox shrug a few weeks back...

$1 buck. My wallet is still aching.
[snapback]353764[/snapback]​

that is gorgeous...but not a shrug...a shrug has tiny little sleeves and just covers your shoulder...hence the term shrug...

very difficult to find vintage... :( ...and having something altered costs way too much...i might as well get something new...but i REFUSE... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->