Gap Design Editions

Alexander Wang and Vena Cava for GAP

May 4, 2009 9:18 AM
By Xiyin Tang
Gap's newest collaboration with CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund nominees comes out June 16th. This time around, Vena Cava and Alexander Wang have designed khaki looks for the megabrand, which seems to be trying to bring back its iconic (but famously boring) fabric of choice. On Friday, a heroic tipster sent us four photos of the collection. Today, we've got some more shots, including the Alexander Wang motorcycle jacket and a longer Wang trench. There also appear to be five different khaki hats involved, which strikes us as an oddly high number, but what do we know? Maybe khaki hats will be the headgear of the summer.

http://pipeline.refinery29.com/news/vena_cavas_gap_collab_revealed.php
The Wang jackets:
alexander-wang-gap.jpg

Vena Cava dresses:
vena-cava-gap-collab.jpg

All images from http://pipeline.refinery29.com

Hits stores June 16....

Those Vena Cava pieces are actually better than their usual fare, imo...

Wang's pieces are a snooze-fest... We get it; you really like biker jckts!!

ick the pants are terrible. i like the vena cava and the dresses with the feathers.

Wang's pieces are a snooze-fest... We get it; you really like biker jckts!!

seriously! i wonder if they put him up to this because why on earth would anyone do a motorcycle jacket in khaki?

i am digging both vena cava dresses.

^ :lol:

I'm usually pretty much open to anything, but there is nothing cool about a khaki moto jckt... the two just do not compute in my brain. Maybe Wasson can sex it up...???

They did menswear piece last year with Micheal Bastian. People responded really well so I don't see why we didn't an item this go round.

^ :lol:

I'm usually pretty much open to anything, but there is nothing cool about a khaki moto jckt... the two just do not compute in my brain. Maybe Wasson can sex it up...???
To me it made perfect sense. It's like preppy rocker chick. Maybe I'm crazy...:woot:

I'm not liking much of it.. not much of a khaki girl, myself..

well i love the wang jackets. defitanely want to get one of them. and the hats are pretty cute. i'm satisfied :smile:

None of them are must-haves for me; I think the Khaki has something to do with it...

see,i only like khaki if it's military....the way helmut lang used to do khaki.

s_314.jpg

tried on this dress but didn't end up getting it... The pieces are lovely, though, I have to admit and if I had more money at the time I probably would have gotten it.

michelleyue, i think the dress looks great. i definitely think that some of the khaki items will go on sale. (probably the pants first).

it's a great line up of designers...but i didn't love anything in person...
i tried on some hats..not digging them...
and i got the wang shorts but returned them because they are way too low waisted...
did someone forget to tell him that high waisted is back...!??!
esp with full cut shorts like that...
:ermm:...

i might consider the cropped moto jkt...
IF it goes on sale...

:innocent:...

maybe the gap had something to do with the shorts? I know at old navy like 75% of pants are low rise for women. and at gap it's the same for men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->