Gap Design Editions

Is it available in uk stores , I hope so !

Is it?? I don't know if it's because of the black/white effect but it does seem worth taking a look at. My expectations aren't high, especially since I've never seen GAP as a hipp and youthful brand.

Three as Four looks the most distinctive and the nicest (except that dress, doesn't seem like the kind of thing that goes well in cotton shirting). The rest is just so generic, I was expecting more from Michael Bastian. The Band of Outsiders stuff seems nice but their appeal has always been tied to their quality, not sure if it's so great when it comes to that gap.

Aren't those on the first page the last years?
I just covered this Design Edition for a Malaysian mag ... and I'm glad they're bringing the collection in.

nylonmag.com

heres what the designs look like on real people. notice how wrinkly the fabric is:unsure:

Attachments

• nylon1.jpg
    nylon1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 10
  • nylon2.jpg
    nylon2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 5
  • nylon3.jpg
    nylon3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6
  • nylon4.jpg
    nylon4.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6
^ well, the fabric is probably wrinkled because the clothing probably wasn't steamed, ironed, or pressed. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't understand the hype over this. It just looks like clothes I can find at the local mall.

a gap i went to yesterday only had the lim shirts, which were nice, but i'm anxious to see the threeasfour dress.

for the record, the pieces looked much better irl than in those nylon pics. the cotton has a nice heft to it that makes it appear a bit nicer than your standard gap stuff.

i saw a few of the pieces at my local gap. they seem to run large (but not as ridiculously large as last year). the only piece i liked was lim's white shirt with the bell sleeves (it did not have the black tie thing)

^ try online. -_-

Gap.com doesn't ship to Canada, sadly. Though I think they're talking about changing that. Either way, I found out they're only going to be in some stores in Canada. And sadly, Ottawa is not one of them. I guess I'll have to get my mother to pick things up for me in Calgary.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
i think bayshore might carry some of the pieces. it's considered a "lewis and clark store" since last spring's renovation, so they may get them in.

Gap.com doesn't ship to Canada, sadly. Though I think they're talking about changing that. Either way, I found out they're only going to be in some stores in Canada. And sadly, Ottawa is not one of them. I guess I'll have to get my mother to pick things up for me in Calgary.

gap.com won't ship to canada, but if you call gap.com, they will locate a store for you within canada that carries the items that you would like, and will even place them on hold for you until you can go and buy them, or you can have them shipped from the store to your home if you prefer. sorry. i should have explained what i meant! :flower:

i don't know if this helps you, but i went to the montreal flagship store today and they did carry the pieces. they didnt have everything though...and the prices aren't marked up this year! :D

Thanks for all the suggestions!

From what I've read, it's only Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary that will be carrying the stock. I checked in my local Gap today and there was nothing, so I think I'm just going to send out a relative in Calgary to do some shopping for me. That's what family is for, right?

hmm. i like the p.lim one and the dress. but don't LOVE it. will definitely need to try them on. last year's shirts ran sooo big. thanks for the pics lucy

I thought I'd like it a lot more than I did. I liked the last year's much better.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

From what I've read, it's only Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary that will be carrying the stock. I checked in my local Gap today and there was nothing, so I think I'm just going to send out a relative in Calgary to do some shopping for me. That's what family is for, right?

i asked my bf about this, and he politely reminded me that last year's thakoon dress came from the rideau centre. i'm a bit of a vagabond so i didn't remember where i bought it. did you try calling any of the ottawa gaps (you know...all three of them :doh:)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->