Gap Design Editions

The Philip Lim shirt was the only one that caught my eye. Except it didn't look as nice when I tried it on. It only looks good if you tuck it in and it wrinkles very quickly. The size (XS) was still a bit roomy. The fabric was a bit see through so you'll have to wear a nude bra.

I went to the Toronto Bloor street location today and they still had quite a few stock left of everything except for Lim's low-tie neck top & Band of Outsiders's patchwork shirt (both of which were entirely sold out). I tried on everything else and ended up getting only the bell-sleeve shirt. Although I like last year's designs better, the quality seems to be better this year? The cotton seemed thicker, more starchy, and more fitted.

The other day I went to the Gap in Montreal. And I'm pretty sure that when I went they had the majority of the pieces...
They even had that Phillip Lim shirt and the Band Of Outsiders shirt (they only had one though, which was in an xs, which was perfect for me!)
I like the ones that I got quite a bit!

Last edited by a moderator:
At my location (Dallas), I saw several shirts designed by Philip Lim.. to be quite honest, I wasn't very impressed with any of them. They looked cute in the ads, but in person, they looked shapeless, and the quality of the cotton is only barely better than Gap's other shirts (yet they were much more expensive).

In case anyone is interested, these shirts on now on sale. I tried them on again and I realized that I didn't really love them that much. :blush:

^^:lol:
i don't think anyone really loved them that much...
that's why they went on sale...

i have to say...i thought this round was a major disappointment...
but i wasn't so impressed with the first round either...:ermm:

^yup that's why despite the sale, I still left empty-handed. Unless it were really really marked down, then maybe.

Just maybe. :rolleyes:

Most of the shirts are on sale now, over 50% off. Actually, one was marked down to $12.99 just the other day, in case anyone is/was interested.

and i lied. poor phillip lim shirts still remain. i don't see the jewerly though. i want the black and the brass. 2 of each.

jason wu will do one of the white shirts in the spring according to wwd.

i think gap needs to give it a rest with the white shirts. maybe they should move on to little black dresses.

^or knits. they could do with a better knit range,imo. so bland and same-y.

or maybe...

all 3! a white button up, a lbd, and a knit from each designer!

Gap's Design Editions 2009 collaboration with Alexander Wang, Vena Cava and Albertus Swanepoe (racked.com)

Attachments

• wang1.jpg
    wang1.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 4
  • wang2.jpg
    wang2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 5
  • wang3.jpg
    wang3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 5
  • wang4.jpg
    wang4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
  • wang5.jpg
    wang5.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2
  • wang10.jpg
    wang10.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • wang9.jpg
    wang9.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3
  • wang8.jpg
    wang8.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1
  • wang7.jpg
    wang7.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
  • wang6.jpg
    wang6.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2
they will be out june 14th. (racked.com)

Attachments

• wang11.jpg
    wang11.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1
  • wang12.jpg
    wang12.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 3
i'm sure the fashion editors will go crazy for the wang pieces...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->