Lily Allen for New Look

And we're suppose to take fashion advice from a celebrity(haha, sorry. :lol: Couldn't bring myself to say "singer") who became famous through--what is it--MYSPACE?

:yuk: ugh, she is awful. though I admit I kinda like that yellow dress:ninja: but I wouldnt wear that....
to be honest I wouldnt wear anything that is connected to her:ninja: :sick:

Her style is hideous, but I like her savvy, skeptical attitude. :smile:

as much as her style might be cute sometimes...it's really nothing too woo-hoo about. it's all done before...even by mid-western american gothic kids!

I have to say, those dresses look a lot better than I expected they would. I cant stand her, but at least they look a bit different than what's generally on offer in the high street. Saying that though, lighting, angles and re-touching count for alot dont they?! They could look horrible in real life...

kristina_zhou said:
And I will be able to wear these dresses when? And as if I'd wear that to a prom , I hate her because she criticised Kate Moss when really this style is ick.. at least kate got stuff from her closet and changed details and stuff and the shape etc and made soemthing we could wear everyday.. lily is just creating something I could never wear,,

But the collection 'by' Kate Moss is not exactly great, some of pieces look like they are from River Island!!! I won't be buying anything from Kate's or Lily's collection. Why would I want to be a 'walking advertisement' for them in their God-awful clothes that are going to be worn by sheep up and down the country?

When I read the title of the thread I thought this had to be some sort of April fool!

This sounds like an awful idea to me.

I just think this is all abit weird. Fair enough New Look want to do a "celebrity" range to boost their Cred...they have been trying to get a bit more on-trend lately I hear (I'm still putting the finishing touches to my disguise so I can go in and have a look without being seen by :
A)anyone I know. B)anyone who knows me C)anyone. ).
And I can kinda see why Lily Allen has been approached to do a range. I'm not really a fan of either her style or her tendency to spend her time slagging people off when she should quite obviously be in a singing lesson; but to be fair, if it inspires just a small gaggle of
'tracksuit-bottoms-tucked-into-winnie-the-pooh-or-piglet-socks-wearing' chavettes to ditch the afore mentioned attire in favour of a prom dress and a hairstyle which doesn't involve the use of A)A scrunchie or B)Large amounts of stolen hairspray from Superdrug, then surely this can only be a good thing:
Lily Allen,cleaning up Britain's streets.
But back to my point. It's the combination of the two, New Look and Allen, that I don't think will work. Surely New Look's target audience want to go in and find something not very imaginative that everyone will be wearing (their thinking is: Everyone's wearing it so I'm fashionable too if I do). I doubt many regular New Look shoppers will have the guts to wear,say, the Yellow dress. I just don't think they'll get that it's kinda meant to be tongue in cheek-almost so ugly and frilly it's nice! Dunno. I just don't know.

It'll be interesting to see how this sells...none of it appeals to me in the slightest but then I didn't expect it too

I like her CD, it's fun listening but I agree that she is exactly not a style icon. I can totally see this line taking off among British teeny-boppers though. Is that what you guys call them over there?:unsure: Anyway, I don't live in London and I only shop Topshop online so I am not sure what the target market is for the brand "New Look", but if it's for ages 14 to say 21 oldest I think it's fine. As kong as they don't totally clone it and they try to make it their own style and not go with the whole pony tail, blunt fringe, plastic wristwatch, gold hoops, chuck taylors. :ninja:

Lily Allen irritates me to no end. She doesnt dress very uniquely.

honestly it's not that bad, it's not WOW, it's just.. simple

had the collection come out in a designers name it probably wouldn't have gotten as much negative comments as it has now

that yellow dress is very much in the style of YSL (SS07) I think, it's nice=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->