Lily Allen for New Look

Lily Allen is a bit up herself ans she should deffinitely fade.. in fact I sense she's already fading..

From Yahoo news:

Lily Allen's fashion range has hit stores - minus the hype which surrounded the Kate Moss launch.

A handful of shoppers were outnumbered by media outside New Look's flagship Oxford Street store before the opening.

But the high street chain insisted it had not expected a "scrum" of fans because the pop star's designs debut in 312 stores.
The Kate Moss collection at rival chain Topshop - which drew around 1,000 fans when it launched in London last week - is due to be launched in New York.

Allen's range is markedly smaller than the supermodel's at just six dresses plus footwear and jewellery.

The singer, whose father is actor Keith Allen, is known for her "chavvy chic" style of pairing dresses with trainers.

After doors opened at New Look on Oxford Street, shoppers seemed impressed with the range.

Gemma Cartwright, 23, a writer for fashion blog Catwalkqueen, said: "I am actually pleasantly surprised by it all. We were at the Kate Moss launch and I think this is much better in terms of price and quality."

Michelle Stephens, 36, from Streatham, south London, waited outside the store for five minutes after visiting nearby Primark.
She spent £276 on an armful of dresses, saying: "I've got two daughters and they love Lily Allen. I've bought two of everything and a pair of trainers. I think it's really nice. The Kate Moss stuff, a lot of it was really poor quality, but I think this is lovely."

"shoppers were outnumbered by media" Oh yea!!!

I think the girl is sorely deluded by the wee bit of fame she is currently experiencing... just another tabloid bimbo, imo. As for her sense of fashion, I think it's quite tedious. This inane desire to be a rock star, DJ queen, fashion maven, party animal, write one memoirs (before age 25 :shock:), tabloid wh*re - well, all this useless chatter doesn't strike my fancy... there are too many truly talented people out there for me to bother with this pipsqueak. I don't like her music either. Now, do you want to know what I really think? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Her style is something... I mean who would wear a ballgown with a pair of sneakers anyway... that's so chic! :D

I think people are criticising the clothing too much...I tried on this dress today and thought it was nice - the material felt lovely too! Depends if one can carry it off, or not I suppose:

LILY3.jpg

LILY1.jpg

InnocentFairy said:
I think people are criticising the clothing too much...I tried on this dress today and thought it was nice - the material felt lovely too! Depends if one can carry it off, or not I suppose:

I do too. I saw it today. Thought the quality was better than the KM range, good fabrics, good colours and you get a lot of dress for your money. Seemed to be selling too.

It's not the kind of thing I'd buy for myself, but the dress you bought was my favourite. The print is gorgeous. What did you think of the shoes? I was quite impressed.

It's not everyones thing, but again it's another London style, popular with lots of girlies.

Does anyone know if the clothes will still be in stores around September?

^ That's what New Look is all about imo. I loathe Lily and her style. Someone said a few pages back that there was no point Lily doing the collection because you could buy that stuff in New Look anyway...well I say the same applies to Kate Moss's collection (give or take a hem-line here of there). Eitherway, I don't shop in Topshop or New-Look and these 'celebrity ventures' have enforced my bid to steer clear of them for life.

I saw the dresses on my way to work I can simply call them cavy but on the other hand at least they are much better quality than Kate Moss.

by the way from now on I am using the autumn's hip colour purple

kristina_zhou said:
Lily Allen is a bit up herself ans she should deffinitely fade.. in fact I sense she's already fading..
I like lillys music and her voice, but she might have hard time trying to get anything with 2nd record, probably just cos shes up herself so much, and sets high standards that she might not have the luck to achieve next time.... and bout this collection its such money milking thing, and she goes around criticizing other celebs....

Well, this range can't do any worse than Giles Deacon's efforts, considering how much of his stuff didn't shift and went into the 'sale' section in the store nearest me.

I mainly use New Look for buying staple items at cheap prices to customise, so I'm not into the idea of purchasing a poorly-made pseudo-designer dress from them. I want my cheaper items to blend into what I'm wearing, rather than my outfit standing out as 'that Lily Allen dress from the cheap shop that everyone's seen in the shopping pages'.

That said, talking about it has made me want to go back and give it a second look. I might yet see something I missed first time.

i hate the way she dresses i think those dresses she uses are SO passé and the hair, the shoes yuck!:sick: ps. i loathe the fabrics too!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont like her style at all, but i dont like what New Looks sells so...
i think Lily suits with the New Look spirit and seems that New Look wants to get into the world of streetwear shops that invite famous people or designer to create a exclusive and limited collection for a season (such as Mango, H&M, Target, Topshop).
in my opinion Lily´s collection is a fashion disaster

Girrrrrrrrrrrrl
Your music is good.
Now--when you aren't singing, keep your mouth shut!

The clothes themselves are okay, but I hate the line because she has been so obnoxious about it and comparing it to other celeb collections. And I don't even like Kate Moss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->