Giorgio Armani Privé Haute Couture F/W 2021.22 Paris

Color palette is hideous but I am going to ignore that since clients can adjust it to their liking.
It's sad to think that Armani is the last working designer from the "old guard". With Karl and Yves gone, Valentino retired I appreciate that we can still see collections from a man who had the luck to create and experience fashion in it's best period.
I wish him the best and hope he will have the strength to grace his clients with even more beautiful creations.

Last edited:
I was expecting a little stronger after his Menswear but it’s what it is: Armani.

a lot of gorgeous pieces (to maybe wear separately) and a few beautiful dresses too.

Color palette is hideous but I am going to ignore that since clients can adjust it to their liking.
It's sad to think that Armani is the last working designer from the "old guard". With Karl and Yves gone, Valentino retired I appreciate that we can still see collections from a man who had the luck to create and experience fashion in it's best period.
I wish him the best and hope he will have the strength to grace his clients with even more beautiful creations.
The hard reality tell us he's 87 yo,and rightly super hands on his empire. That means we cannot expect novelties from him. He was the one who left Lanvin to destroy Claude Montana and made his own HC pasted his 75 birthday! He's a great one, a creator and a compelled - great business man- when is declared partner passed away.He still makes desirable foks, but don't ask him changes....

One of my highlights of the season, without a shadow of a doubt. I've come to respect Giorgio Armani a great deal over recent years and this couture offering here is utterly sublime. A whole multitude of flawless looks that I couldn't possibly select a favourite.

Clicking through the collection on Vogue Runway was a pleasure, and I just love how coherent a collection Armani always puts out - each piece just flowing from the last. The colour palette is heavenly and the fabrics are exquisite - everything one should expect from couture.

He has the gift of making things look very luxurious and glamorous but never heavy or cumbersome, the color palette may be questionable but he should definitely share his gift with the sartorially challenged new guard of Virginie, MGC and Kim.

The glistening pants worn with a sheer bolero jacket is a very fine look indeed.

Now that couture is over I keep coming back to this collection. I'm neither here nor there with regard to Armani, has never meant much to me. But this collection does feel special and as others have noted, extremely light. Also the pearl net look is screaming Little Mermaid premiere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eskimogirl1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->