Gisele Bundchen is the Richest, Most Powerful Model in the World

Gisele owns a Hotel in Brazil,her Ipanema line,Colcci contract and Skincare line plus with all her modeling work combined I believe :smile: I believe she invests in properties as well.

I think they were talking about models, not business people:wink:) whatever she owns or invests in...well, it is pretty easy when you already have millions to invest and make more...which is rather stupid knowing that she cares for the enviroment etcetera...but FANTASTICAL, you have a very interesting question and you are absolutelly right...just a model can never make that much money per year, no matter what they do!
On the other hand even Gisele said in an interview that NOBODY(even her) can ever know or figure out how much she or any other model earns...all those lists are based on assumptions and never have anything to do with reality, which of course makes perfect sense! She might be making 100 milion or less than 1 million, it is her own thing and nobody has the right to make announcements how much a model earns...no matter how much it is, it is more than enough:wink:)

Those lists not only count earnings but they take into consideration media impact/exposure. Gisele is one of the few models who will be on 20 gossip sites after she says or does something, lol.

and the few models who make these lists, are business women, not just models. Heidi,Kate,Gisele all have brands, make good money from modeling,and are always in the media.

^and see I understand that they take into consideration media impact, but how does that relate to how much a model is worth? that's not money she is putting in the bank...say for instance how much Bill Gates is making/worth because of his company and investments.

I agree rado, I don't think anyone can ever truly tell how much she really makes, although however much it is I'm sure the real number would still put her at number one on the Forbes list of models. I was just trying to figure where they get a number like 25 million from lol

again, I am sure the amount is not 25 million:wink:) You can read many funny and amazing things in the press and I am almost sure 100% of it is not true, so I stopped reading news or watching TV years ago! Not that I would care even if they were telling the truth!
However I do not really think we should ever be interested in how much money a model makes! I know for sure that they make a lot! And Gisele is not the only one! I am sure Raquel Zimmermann or Anja Rubik might be making tons more than Gisele at this moment and they make them from modeling...Gisele is a business woman, but not a business model with modeling...as we know she has hotels and makes other investments, which does not really make her only a model anymore, so she can not be on such lists as a model...she should "compete" in those funny lists with real businessmen:wink:)lol
Any way, whatever this is, i find it extremely absurd to even talk about it!
I think we should celebrate and discuss only the modeling jobs our favorite models do...the rest is private and most people do not and will never wanna talk about it, so there is NO way we can ever get to the truth, no matter how curious we are:wink:)
And Gisele is far from the only model out there who makes millions from modeling...there are at least 50 female models, who make millions every year!!! She just happens to be one of the popular ones.

I agree :smile: I really find these forbe's list kinda funny myself. I can care less how much a model makes/what is said about her,etc.. honestly. Was just giving my input on what I thought. hehe Most people outside of fashion now focus more on her titles than her actual work.

it's tough to breakdown her actual income.

but basically - because she's such a huge star, she'll earn much much more than other models for doing campaigns.

for example, i'm certain her current Balenciaga campaign will be paying her at least a million dollars.

the reason why Gisele makes so much more than everyone else is because she does alot of MASS-MARKET commercial campaigns that pay a fortune. her Nivea contract will be a multi-million dollar deal. same with Colcci. and her sandal line would be taken into consideration into her income, because it has to do with fashion. i doubt her hotel earnings would count towards the 25 million.

Of course the numbers are not precise but at the same time, this is Forbes Magazine, so I think that the numbers are somewhat sound, perhaps there is a timing issue and earnings get counted in the wrong time frame, but them presumably if one year is understated, then the next year is overstated.

I am one of the people who is interested in this kind of information, so I am glad that lists like these get made. Now what I would like to see is a list (or at least a break out) of the earnings from modeling work alone, be it commercial or high fashion, anything where the model is "the face" of the brand / product / project. I do like knowing that these models are also entrepreneurs and therefore don't have a problem with these activities, but I want to know what Gisele, Kate or Heidi earnings are from non-Top Shop - sandals - TV productions related stuff.

it's tough to breakdown her actual income.

but basically - because she's such a huge star, she'll earn much much more than other models for doing campaigns.

the reason why Gisele makes so much more than everyone else is because she does alot of MASS-MARKET commercial campaigns that pay a fortune.

agree. I also forgot Gisele has a beauty contract. Pantene Brazil since 2007/2008.

She's not the most beautiful model. But she's the most talented model. that's the difference. she knows how to move. A photographer can get the right shot with her in the first few frames. There's no effort working with Gisele as there is with more arguably "beautiful" models. And she has some type of force or presence that just overshadows other models. It has a little bit to do with the fact that she looks like she could kick your ***.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, give me a break!!! Have you worked with all other models or what??? What you say is absurd and I bet it has nothing to do with reality! She is surely one of the best models to work with, but please, do not put all other models in B group just because they are not Gisele! She does not overshadow other models! She is just one of them!

And she married well too, I think Tom Brady is one of the best quarterbacks in the game as well as the richest. And they look good together! LOL

She's not the most beautiful model. But she's the most talented model.[/B] that's the difference. she knows how to move. A photographer can get the right shot with her in the first few frames. There's no effort working with Gisele as there is with more arguably "beautiful" models. And she has some type of force or presence that just overshadows other models. It has a little bit to do with the fact that she looks like she could kick your ***.

im not sure what are your criterias for being teh best model but to me giselle is not the most talented supermodel. there are so many better models than giselle but they just dont have that commercial appeal like giselle or heidi klum.

giselle is a very beautiful and hot supermodel. and im sure her sexiness is the major factor behind her success. giselle is doing spectacular in covers or eds that focus on her sex appeal but other than that i dont think she is a versatile supermodel. imo, kate, daria, raquel, karen are consider as true talented models.

She's not the most beautiful model. But she's the most talented model. that's the difference. she knows how to move. A photographer can get the right shot with her in the first few frames. There's no effort working with Gisele as there is with more arguably "beautiful" models. And she has some type of force or presence that just overshadows other models. It has a little bit to do with the fact that she looks like she could kick your ***.

That can be said about a dozen models. While Gisele may be one of the highest paid, it doesn't mean she's "better" than other models. :rolleyes:

I totally agree with the last 2 posts!!! Well said guys!

What's even more crazy is she hardly worked much last year after the bith of her son. Her businesses must be boomin. GO Gisele :D

Congrats to her!!! But I think this list is a bit strange Gisele and especially Heidi make so much money beacause they are businesswomen besides modelling. So I know they make a lot of money by being models( mostly Gisele rather than Heidi) but all their millions come from their clothing or flip flops lines, tv shows for Heidi etc. You can't make 45 or 20 million a year just by beng a model, or maybe if you book all the campaigns during an entire year.

Here's some of the article from Forbe's.

The World's Top-Earning Models
Elite models are prospering, but newcomers aren't scoring the same paydays as before the recession.

The economic recovery has been good for the world's top-earning models. With consumers again cautiously spending on luxury goods, the 10 top-earning female models on the planet made a combined $112 million in the 12 months to May--up 30% from a total of $86.5 million over the previous year. Most of this gain was enjoyed by the top three: Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum and Kate Moss. The trio have transformed themselves from supermodels to business moguls, stepping off the runway and into the role of designers, entrepreneurs and pop icons.

Bündchen is an unparalleled force within the fashion industry and a brand name herself. Last month she got a shout-out in an unlikely forum: the third-quarter earnings call of Procter & Gamble ( PG - news - people ). Why? P&G's Pantene shampoo sales exploded 40% in Latin America after Bündchen started slinging the suds.

"Gisele Bündchen is clearly in a class by herself, and has been for a number of years," says Edward Razek, chief marketing officer of Limited Brands ( LTD - news - people ), who worked with the supermodel during her Victoria's Secret career. "She's an international icon who can also move product--from shampoo to couture." The economic impact of a Bündchen-backed campaign has placed her far ahead of her peers, earning the Brazilian bombshell an estimated $45 million over the past 12 months. Her earnings climbed $20 million over the previous year, thanks to an economic boom in her homeland of Brazil coupled with a 10% surge in the value of the Brazilian real against the dollar.

Heidi Klum, the German supermodel and host and executive producer of Project Runway, at No. 2 on our list with estimated earnings of $20 million. Since ending her 13-year run as a Victoria's Secret Angel last year, Klum has become more of a businesswoman than a model. She's partnered with New Balance and Amazon.com to launch a clothing line and inked a 20-episode deal to host a new show on Lifetime, called Seriously Funny Kids.

While elite models are prospering, newcomers aren't scoring the same paydays as before the recession, with companies continuing to keep spending reined in. "People took a very realistic look at what they were paying models and what made sense," says Razek. "There was a substantial adjustment in rates--maybe not for Gisele, but for the daily working model--and most people found the world didn't collapse."

Victoria's Secret continues to launch some of the industry's most intriguing new faces. Among them: the blond South African beauty Candice Swanepoel, who debuts at 10th on our list with estimated earnings of $3 million over the past year. Swanepoel has caught the eyes of industry insiders, who say she could become the world's next top model.

forbes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
We should take in consideration that Forbes is a very, very serious magazine, and their figures can be considered accurate. That said, she increased Pantene's sales in Latin America by 40%, that must count for something. Plus, her sandals line does really well in Europe. So I'm not surprised that she is making that much money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->