Givenchy F/W 2018.19 Paris

I knew she could pull off after that last Couture collection. So sleek and dark and cinematic wow. Better than Tisci sorry.

edt: Check out the videos, you have to see these gowns moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s funny, I loved her couture debut but her RTW does nothing for me. They aren’t bad clothes at all, but to me it seems like a big pile of.. nothing.

Sorry but this looks so dated. Like straight from 2006. I'm trying to like her Givenchy but the design level is so basic. It's not not ugly, but it's just bland. Zero appeal and desire.

I know fashion is about moving forward, but I honestly liked that era of fashion so no complaints from me. :ninja:

I know fashion is about moving forward, but I honestly liked that era of fashion so no complaints from me. :ninja:

Same, same.

Better than this try hard BS that everyone else has been putting out the last 5+ years for buzz on social media and to appeal to the youth.

This is very late 90’s early 00’s Jean Colonna type of things. A bit Dark with that underground feel.
On the paper it’s everything I like but something is off.
I love the fur and some pieces but it’s weird. Riccardo’s vision really came through after 4 RTW so i’ll give her time.

It’s good that she is not interested in Riccardo’s Tenure but she needs more personality.

It's kind of a mess after the fur coats, but she comes back by the black and white looks 'til the finish. Very appealing.

There are some really, genuinely nice pieces in here (almost a first for me this season), but something about the presentation makes the whole affair feel a bit...drab? I'm not sure. Not CWG's biggest fan, but she managed to almost create a small, quiet cult around her at Chloe, so I have no doubt she'll slowly do the same here and interested to see where Givenchy goes.

I understand the two sides of the coin here. On one hand, some of these are quite basic, borderline Zara-ish in terms of design, and not that exciting, especially after Tisci's bombastic tenure. However, this collection is one of the chicest and most Parisienne out of the many that have shown this past week. It's more faithful to the house's original aesthetic, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hubert himself will like this more than what Riccardo has shown.

I quite like it, and it's certainly better than what many have offered this past month.

i dont like this. Given that it is not ugly at all, it is soul less to me. I guess her definition of gothic and dark is a dark runway, that"s all.

It is not hard to design, pretty, well-liked clothes with nice color combis etc, but this is givenchy, and you had amazing designers helming the house before this, so no, run of the mill mediocrity is not acceptable.

It's not entirely a hit for me but it's definitely one of the best collections of this lackluster season.

I think her strength, which is women's tailoring, can be a double-edged sword. At times, the more austere it looks, the more it comes off like something Zara would churn out. But thankfully often times, it's sensual and definitely feels grown-up (God knows in the sea of juvenile offerings from Gucci, Balenciaga, and now, Prada, sophistication is a rarity nowadays).

Her take on strict silhouette is a lot more wearable than say, Karl's at Fendi but while the latter always finds a way to imbue a sense of playfulness with the aforementioned silhouette, Clare's is alternately sleek and drab. Hence a tendency to still get inconsistent. I mean, literally, this show can go either way: invigorates you or puts you to sleep.

Aside from tailoring, I'm also a fan of her other experimentations: the printed dresses and metallically pleated frocks for the finale. They provide me with two contrasting elements that she should develop more in the future, either altogether or separately: exuberance and structure.

I could care less about the menswear but appreciate some of her attempts at clashed prints and leather trousers. They don't necessarily work, but they're far from what I consider ugly.

Overall, this show signifies a path of evolvement which gets me excited to see what she has in store next.

After Riccardo Tisci's Givenchy this all look so dated and boring.
For me it is to see and to forget.
Nothing is desiderable , agree with Marc10.

After Riccardo Tisci's Givenchy this all look so dated and boring.
For me it is to see and to forget.
Nothing is desiderable , agree with Marc10.

I agree! It's almost like it's designed by a robot. It's so soulless and devoid of emotion. Everything is cut well but where is the personality?

Not really interested in any of the faux fur pieces but the rest of it is fantastic. It's nothing groundbreaking but the beauty is in the luxe simplicity of it. The menswear is forgettable but it could be worse (Saint Laurent by Vaccarello comes to mind).

I also really respect the fact that she hasn't tried to emulate her predecessor Riccardo even though his formula was highly successful for the house. The Givenchy woman/man is changing and it looks quite promising at the moment.

Exquisite collection. The coats at the beginning are very appealing even if I'm not so much into fur in general (I know it's faux here). Especially loving the prints as seen on Kiki Willems, Kat Hessen and Fran Summers. And that gorgeous trench coat on Shanelle Nyasiase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->