Givenchy Makeup

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Gainsbourg, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Gainsbourg

Gainsbourg New Member

I couldn't find a collective thread for Givenchy makeup so here's this lol. Anyway, today I bought the Rouge Interdit lipstick and I love it! Givenchy's my go to for mascara but I was always a bit afraid to stray from YSL for lipsticks since I LOVE theirs but I couldn't find a coral-y color with them today so I figured I'd give Givenchy a try. The lipstick's really nice, it's very creamy and stays on and the color shows nicely without having to put a bunch of layers on. The only thing I don't like is that it kind of smells like a Water Baby (if anyone remembers those dolls :P)

2. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

I don't know anything about their makeup, I only have bags and a perfume^^ But I might try it out if I like what I see..I don't even know if we have Givenchy makeup here in Norway..

3. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

what's water baby?? :rofl:

4. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I use (and LOVE) Givenchy makeup. Although it's a pain because they don't stock it here in Australia so I've had to either buy it online or when travelling overseas. Their Photo Perfexion foundation is my absolute favourite :heart:

5. Gainsbourg

Gainsbourg New Member

lol it was this line of baby dolls in the 90's that you'd fill up with water and they'd jiggle like a real baby lol. They had a very distinct smell to them, and I swear that's the exact same smell that the Rouge Interdit lipstick has:

[​IMG]
    (amazon.com)

6. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

Thanks for the picture Gainsbourg^^ that doll is pretty freak tho..glad I never had one :rofl:

7. lifeistiffanyblu

lifeistiffanyblu New Member

I used to have loads of Givenchy make up but never really bothered repurchasing, I guess it was because they were given to me by my mother as make up she bought but had no use for lol. The quality of it was generally great though!

8. amazingGrace

amazingGrace New Member

HAHAHAHA i had a waterbaby!! They are actually pretty terrifying.

Anyway, I'm currently using a Givenchy foundation, subli'mine continuous color radiance foundation and have to say i'm quite disappointed with it - I like a good sheer foundation but this is just so sheer i feel like i might as well not wear it at all! I have to use lots of concealer with it; more than i use just wearing tinted moisturizer. I'm not into full coverage foundations but i've never worn a foundation that gives absolutely no coverage at all!

which is a shame, because it's a great color and smells nice (not like a waterbaby!!) and has spf 20 which i like.