Goop Issue #1 Fall 17 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Terry Tsiolis

^^they already did! There was a doctor on twitter who basically ripped the brand to shreds using science and specific facts and off course when backed into a corner POOP had nothing to say. If you haven’t read it google it. It’s well worth a read. This doctor (can’t remember her name) well ALL the way in! ��

and I think Goop claimed the stickers were invented using "NASA science" and NASA even made a statement saying they were bull :lol:

My favorite Gwyneth nonsense is her admiration for "scientist" Dr. Emoto who believes that words we label water can physically change the water itself (he believes if you take a container of dirty, filthy water and put a label on it that says "peace" or "love" that the water then becomes clean. no kidding) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...sounds-can-hurt-water-s-feelings-9486230.html

Last edited by a moderator:
and I think Goop claimed the stickers were invented using "NASA science" and NASA even made a statement saying they were bull :lol:

My favorite Gwyneth nonsense is her admiration for "scientist" Dr. Emoto who believes that words we label water can physically change the water itself (he believes if you take a container of dirty, filthy water and put a label on it that says "peace" or "love" that the water then becomes clean. no kidding) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...sounds-can-hurt-water-s-feelings-9486230.html

LMAO!! We should consider making a thread about all the nonsense she flogs. I mean, she's getting bolder by the minute. To lie with NASA's name?? Did she really think they'd never find out? :lol:

Maybe that's why the magazine is only for sale in the US. Europeans will not stand for this WASPy charlatan and her fads. I can see our suckers falling for it just like the yanks, but France especially is the worst in this regard, far worse than Germany and Scandinavia. The French are sceptic by nature, add to that a legislation which vets each and every alternative health concept from top to bottom. It took Jenni Craig, who we all know to run a well-oiled machine with proven results, years to launch her product in France. And when they finally allowed her, she had to restructure her marketing angle - no outrageous claims or promises.

^ ha... settle down a little, it's an ugly, dumb WORLD out there.. for every page of the thin GOOP full of pompous claims on health and overdosed in capitalism, Germany compensates with daily issues of Bastei's Alpengold. (laughing as I type- I own a few issues, pure nostalgia :lol::lol:). But back to health, the high percentages of eating disorders are not exactly based on a culture of true incredulity (questioning the credibility of incredulity claims- oh the math).

I have to say, regarding Stephen's criticism (I do love him), I think 5K is quite a deal for pelvic floor therapy, which is a real problem for women, and someone, maybe here?, mentioned that it can be covered as part of pregnancy leave in, yeah you got it, France.

But back to health, the high percentages of eating disorders are not exactly based on a culture of true incredulity (questioning the credibility of incredulity claims- oh the math)

Oh really? What do you suppose it's based on then?

Certain cultures ARE more predisposed to latch onto fads than the rest, while others are inherently more incredulous. It is the systematic Americanisation of global culture which appears to be the main culprit. The mere idea that the intensely Americanised Jenni Craig eating plan is functioning freely in France is somewhat odd, and the fact that she's thriving makes it even more interesting. We are talking about a culture where traditional dieting was never conciously encouraged, followed, or even mentioned aloud.

Countries such as France may have its moments of weakness, but for most part it is actually running more of a tight ship than the UK & US in this regard. By holding steadfast to their traditional way of eating and excercise, they continuously top the 'Least obese country' list in Europe. Now I know you don't care for separatism (even in the most inoffensive form), so this will be a bit of a tough nut to crack for you. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's under "men's lifestyle"! They must have seen the cover shot and presumed it was another posh titty mag.

It's under "men's lifestyle"! They must have seen the cover shot and presumed it was another posh titty mag.

:lol::lol: Just saw that now! It's crazy. I see it's listed as a Conde Nast Special Edition, perhaps this was the ill-fated Men's Vogue page? Next issue should be due tomorrow, if the information is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->