Gucci Large Boston Bag

Oops, I apologize Brian for starting a new thread.

Thanks everyone for the comments, guess I will give up on even trying to find the bag. I know that I'll only become more disappointed if I started to make phone calls.

Congrats Alejandro & Mkonowitch on your gorgeous Gucci's! I'm so jealous.

i just got back from the gucci store in sf and here's what the SA told me:

the boston is the bowling shaped bag (like paris') and this season it came in green leather and green with the green/red webbing

the blondie is the one in the pic (the purple one) and the one that mkonowitch and ale have...that one isn't being made now.

the SA I spoke with in SF last month had not one clue what I was talking about when I asked about this bag. the SA at another store told me the boston is only available in the black with pink plaque and green with green plaque -- no mention of a green with the racing stripe. whatever.:rolleyes:

well she showed me a catalog or something with pics from last year. when I asked to see the bostons, she brought them up from the stockroom, so i don't know...i believed her....

i didn't ask her what other colors the boston came in; she just told me what they had in stock.

This one is called Boston as well. Gets the SA's really confused. :rolleyes: :P

NML5387_ap.jpg

I wouldn't give up on finding the white one if you really want it. Like I said, they had it at the outlet for a short period. I wouldn't be surprised if one popped up on Yoox.

meeyowsa said:
the SA I spoke with in SF last month had not one clue what I was talking about when I asked about this bag. the SA at another store told me the boston is only available in the black with pink plaque and green with green plaque -- no mention of a green with the racing stripe. whatever.:rolleyes:

I don't see a need for rudeness. Kimair was just reporting back what she was told.

just to clarify i guess..the boston came in the black with green/red stripe (like nicky hilton's), white with blue and red stripe (like paris's), black with silver GG, and black with pink GG...
the blonde came in black with silver GG, green with silver GG, black with red and green stripe... and there may have been more

if you guys live in the bay, the SAs at the santana row gucci boutique are supernice...:blush: i'm sure they'd have more info

Last edited by a moderator:
MJCouture said:
I don't see a need for rudeness. Kimair was just reporting back what she was told.

and i totally appreciate it kimair -- sorry if i came off ungrateful. my rolled eyes were directed at the SAs who don't seem to know their right hand from their left.

no problemo -- tis the difficulty of words without proper context. my bad. :kiss:

I have that boston but with the red and green stripe.

cl_hb_131092_F40MG_1060-full.jpg

Friggin fantastic bag. It was my first foray into the world of handbags.

I love that white that was posted. I called Gucci here in Toronto and they have neither that one nor the black with pink in stock right now. They're doing a search for me to see if either can be found. If for some reason two turn up, i'll post here and maybe they can ship? I say two because if they find one of the white, i'm gonna buy it heh.

Dee

i was looking for the large white boston towards the end of last season, and they TOTALLY SOLD OUT. If anyone locates where to still get the bag, i'd appreciate it! (i have the blonde with green/red stripe - and i love it)

eunhe7 said:
i was looking for the large white boston towards the end of last season, and they TOTALLY SOLD OUT. If anyone locates where to still get the bag, i'd appreciate it! (i have the blonde with green/red stripe - and i love it)

Actually, they had that bag on Saks.com well into February, it didn't sell out THAT quick, it was around for awhile. :flower:

DP_woman said:
Actually, they had that bag on Saks.com well into February, it didn't sell out THAT quick, it was around for awhile. :flower:

Can you tell me how many metal feet are there in the large boston bag? My friend has the purse with 5 metal feet ( 4 metal feet on each side and 1 metal foot on the center)and while we were strolling at south coast plaza last week we saw a girl toting the black version w/ red and green stripes w/ 4 metal feet on the bottom. Thanks.:wink:

^^^I have no idea how many "feet" the bag has lol, I never paid attention. I have the white one with the red/blue stripe.

meowmix said:
just to clarify i guess..the boston came in the black with green/red stripe (like nicky hilton's), white with blue and red stripe (like paris's), black with silver GG, and black with pink GG...
the blonde came in black with silver GG, green with silver GG, black with red and green stripe... and there may have been more

if you guys live in the bay, the SAs at the santana row gucci boutique are supernice...:blush: i'm sure they'd have more info

i also remember seeing them in purple leather with gold GG and green leather with gold GG.

papillon said:
Has anyone seen this Gucci tote in purple anywhere? Or have any ideas where I can start looking/phoning to find one? I'm not sure which season it's from, but think it might be from 2004. Does anyone even know the name or model number? I love the purple color & would even get it in one of the Boston bags with the GG or horsebit if those were ever made in the purple leather. I hope the pic shows up okay, it's a scan from a magazine. Thanks for any help!

Gucci has brought back this bag and has limited quantities at a few stores! :woot: It has only one small variation- the GG's are in black enamel lined in gold, instead of being in solid gold. Otherwise, the shape of the bag and the GGs are identical. I wish I could find a pic, but when I buy it, I'll post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->