Gucci S/S 2010 : Natasha Poly & Ryan Kennedy by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

This reminds me, the plexiglass thing is somewhat similar to a Versace campaign with Kate & Gisele.

I agree 150%. I think Natasha is such a bore. She's not versatile, she really has only 'one look', and her forehead terrifies me.

I have to disagree with you on this. Muse #19 just proves how versatile she is, as well as her latest VR cover & editorial.
The aesthetic of Gucci is a sexy, modern women and Natasha can do one hell of a job at doing this.

I understand that people have different opinions of models fitting with campaigns. But I mean come on.. Natasha not fitting with Gucci? :huh:
Natasha IS the ultimate Gucci girl, and she IS Frida's muse. It's just tough to all of you who don't exactly love Natasha.

Natasha again! :woot: But still she's fierce as hell B) Love the gorgeous blue sky, the use of perspective and of course her striking poses. I don't mind it being a recycled idea of the cruise campaign because it works so much better than boring studio shots with tons of models..

This is pretty similar to LV's cruise collection featuring Isabeli Fontana. I have to say LV's cruise looks better than this, though.

Just a similar background...the mood is totally different

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I never realized models had die hard fans...
I don't care if Frida uses Natasha forever, I am commentating on Natasha's performance in the ad and the ad itself and she is just boring here to me, I would say that about any model.

I like a lot of things I have seen Natasha in, I just feel this is a boring ad with a model I already consider boring. Sorry if I don't agree with you *shrugs*

I don't have any "favorite" models or any I fanboy over, they are just models.

i guess designers are just designers no matter how 'boring' their clothes are. :rolleyes:

I have to disagree with you on this. Muse #19 just proves how versatile she is, as well as her latest VR cover & editorial.
The aesthetic of Gucci is a sexy, modern women and Natasha can do one hell of a job at doing this.

I understand that people have different opinions of models fitting with campaigns. But I mean come on.. Natasha not fitting with Gucci? :huh:
Natasha IS the ultimate Gucci girl, and she IS Frida's muse. It's just tough to all of you who don't exactly love Natasha.

I agree. . .die hard fan or not, i don't see how someone could say Natasha isn't versatile and has only one look? She can be that sweet innocent russian girl or a femme fatale. Maybe her posing for Gucci is getting a bit redundant however she's definitely versatile IMO.

Someone who thinks she only has 'one look' hasn't seen enough of her work...:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh jesus, this thread is SO dramatic :shock: Why people?.....get over it, Frida loves Natasha and she is the Gucci muse! :rolleyes: It's not the end of the world.

And Natasha not versatile, really? REALLY? :rofl::lol: That's not even worth arguing. This is thread is so ridiculous.

Well, it was quite easy to guess Natasha, solo or not, would be included in the campaign. The shots are very summery and sell the product indeed, such a nice, refreshing change after all the I&V ads.

"overdone" or not, she looks absolutely stunning and nobody can deny that.

i would take this beautiful campaign over some "new" odd looking, strange campaign that is just there to be different

I agree. . .die hard fan or not, i don't see how someone could say Natasha isn't versatile and has only one look? She can be that sweet innocent russian girl or a femme fatale. Maybe her posing for Gucci is getting a bit redundant however she's definitely versatile IMO.

Someone who thinks she only has 'one look' hasn't seen enough of her work...:unsure:

AMEN!:wink:
Some people's opinions are just pointless, they don't even know Natasha's work... they talk because the have mouth! :innocent: well in this case they write ^_^

It's OK to dislike Natasha, I'm a massive Natasha fan personally, but everyone has a different taste and everyone can express their opinion. But how can you say she isn't versatile? That's really beyond me. You just have to look at her Muse issue to see what she can.

I love the colours and setting of this campaign. I can also live with the casting. :wink:

Oh wow, that new shot has blown me away. What a striking pose, that fits the Gucci aesthetic to perfection.
I can't wait to see them in print for myself. Thanks for scanning Northern Star!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->