Gucci Resort 2006

the daywear looks like banana republic, and that isnt a bad thing because it is still quite good looking...but just so not gucci, i am really excited to see her first "real" collection!

It's has a feeling of Chanel. In the leather woven through the chains, the horsebit print that looks like boucle, the highwaisted pants with chain belt, and the coins on the necklace. Very very Chanel. The black & white dresses give the feeling of Jil Sander.

I actually like it quite a bit, could do without the zebra patchwork pieces but other than that very good... The bags are GORGEOUS, so are the sunglasses, looks like Gucci will be on top of the accessories for another season. I like Gucci's new direction, Portofino Ease instead of Venetian Dominatrix (I still miss Tom though).

I love the pieces Hana is wearing in post #56, especially the jacket. I think this is one of the better resort collections this year[font=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif].

ETA: ^Completely agree with the Chanel influence. First think I thought of when I saw the handbags.
[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that bad, but it's not good either.

I just think she needs time to define her style, find an exciting direction and turn people around to the new Gucci.

i kind of like the red leather jacket and the white knee-length coat but that's about it. alot of the peices are very akward looking.

i cant believe the press gave her so much credit for this crap..
i agree with everyone, so kors, so banan republic, so jcrew.
her bags dont appeal to me either.

She already left the house... Frida Giannini, the former accessories designer has taken over as womenswear designer.

i hope she has time to develop for the next ready to wear collection because this stuff is worse than sweetface (jLo)

tricotineacetat said:
She already left the house... Frida Giannini, the former accessories designer has taken over as womenswear designer.

thanx tricotineacetat! but anyone know why she left the house? she did only two collection! i like them very much:cry:

oomar, both collections were not very well approved by the press, the official comment said though that she left due to "disagreement with the management"... that´s quite strange though because she was part of this game for quite some time, working with Tom Ford for a long time should have given her an idea what it is like as a creative director for such a big brand, non? :unsure:

actually, i agree with oomarhatelier. i love Alessandra for Gucci. it's so sexy. so beautiful. the makeup the hair. everything was beautiful! :cry: why did she leave?

The way I see it is that she was really following her theme she presented. It definitely looks like what she described. Frida probably was also intent on making pieces that wouldn't be difficult to sell (with the new goal being set by the head of Gucci group). I'm sure people looking for easy clothes in luxury fabrics will enjoy the collection.

I also see this collection as simply a preview and taste of where Frida is heading. I'd like to imagine the actual S/S presentation will feature more designed pieces that are more about easy than overtly displaying sexuality.

Wow, Kimair!!! Thank you so much for the images. Like I said, those WWD pictures were just a nibble. Not a very tasty one at that. But this...Beautiful, wearable, easy...and some looks are very smart. The patchwork dresses are my favourite. I am convinced and on the edge of my seat to see what she's got cooking for Spring 2006. The big cheeze would be crazy to sack her.

i want allessandra back, she had great potential. s/s, i thought was very alluring and sexy while at the same time quite wearable. this new stuff is ok but i've always been a big fan of gucci and i'd hate to have to move on.

the clothes are more accessible, but they're ordinary imo...not very "gucci"

they are all reminiscent of other collections...balenciaga (black mini dress), narciso rodriguez (white short dress), michael kors/ralph lauren...the pieces that are truly unique are the print dresses...very gypsy...

Wow, there wasn't one original look in that entire line-up of pics except for the gypsy-esque black dresses. The peacoat/cropped pant ensemble, totally Michael Kors, the white coat is so Balenciaga it hurts, the empire line printed gown is Proenza Schouler.....even the shoes look like Prada's loafers for s/s 05.

Perhaps it is more accessable, but that's what bothers me about it. Gucci, for those who couldn't afford it or whatever, provided a kind of fantasy that made people want it. This is so average that people could easily get it from a multitude of other labels/clothing chains. Where's the fantasy? Where's that x-factor? It's like, all traces of Gucci are gone. That's my main problem with it, aside from the fact that the designs themselves are mediocre at best. It's clear to me that this woman doesn't have the imagination or strong personality needed to be creative director of a brand as big as Gucci.

ok guys, but i still didn't understeand tha cause of her left, was a choose of her of others(?company?), i agree in part that the collections, especially the ss05 wasn't 'gucci' but both was always sophisticated like the gucci always has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->